CRAFTONE :1/6 Shocking ( Headsculp *2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this Jack in the mail. Crushes all previous attempts. CRM, Subway, Brothers, and yes even Rainman. Is amazing in hand. Photos don't do it justice. And for $100 shipped!
Where'd you buy it?

I'm going to grab one for sure if they're under 130. Can't beat it for the price. Does it have the standard head socket?

EDIT*

Aaaaaand BOOM. Won an ebay auction for $114.50, close enough. What a great deal! Looking forward to tweaking it a little. Already have a pair of jeans laying around that are a movie accurate stain and fit, Might just dye the jacket a little darker.

Apologies mate, but you're just plain wrong. Subway and Rainman are straight cartoon versions of Jack. This one nails 1980 Nicholson when posed with the head tilted correctly. Feel sorry for anyone that dropped more $ on other versions.
Ive seen this in hand, and own the subway version and rainmans, and this is not a patch on either - one,s opinon guys , but the truth...

My point is, and I'm really not trying to argue with anyone because beauty is ultimately in the eye of the beholder, but this figure hasn't gotten the loving blog owner pictures like Hot Toys figures do that show it reviewed because it's unlicensed and under the radar, but in hand this thing looks as good as the promo pics, if not better.
Glad I didn't drop 1k , which I almost did, or whatever RM's full set cost. His Jack is also inaccurate, as is Subway's. RM's Danny and The Twins look nothing like their on screen counterparts. This Jack, futzed properly, under proper lighting definitely does.
-Don't work for Craftone
-Only basing my opinion on a love of Jack
-Have met him in real life, and this to me looks the most like him

I have to agree. Everyone threw praise on RM' Jack, but it was probably one of his least accurate sculpts. it is VERY cartoony compared to some of his others..
And your in hand pictures made me not want to get this guy. Glad I did anyway. You have him, you can attest to what I'm saying.

IMAG1560_zpsjp2tylmr.jpg

Based on this photo the heads look out of proportion to the body. The clothing looks great. Would love to see Snyderman's sculpts on this figure as they capture Torrance better than all others including these oversized Craftone portraits.

I'll try to get some good pics of it when mine comes for you guys. I think it's childish to argue about which is best if you haven't seen the figures/sculpts in person so some of you sound a bit silly about the whole thing.

I PO'd it on some website. I'll have to find the order email because I can't remember the name of the site lol.

I don't like RM's sculpt either. I
It's been hard to catch Nicholsons likeness from the Shining for some reason. Overall for the price this figure is very cool imo.

Its just the down angle... the head is proportioned fine.

I was speaking specifically to the head he is holding in his hands. Generally speaking an adult male's shoulders and chest would be equal in width to two of their heads side by side. That head fills up the whole chest cavity by itself. The average adult is 7 to 7 1/2 heads tall. Here is an illustration to make it clearer.

04-figure-drawing-im1a.jpg

Last edited:
Man, you are over thinking this ****.
I was speaking specifically to the head he is holding in his hands. Generally speaking an adult male's shoulders and chest would be equal in width to two of their heads side by side. That head fills up the whole chest cavity by itself. The average adult is 7 to 7 1/2 heads tall. Here is an illustration to make it clearer.

04-figure-drawing-im1a.jpg

Yep they are. And as far as over thinking the "big head", he is holding it in his hands which are closer to the camera, thus it looks slightly bigger. But yes I agree, some people get way too picky with this stuff and I don't see how it's fun for them.

Man, you are over thinking this ****.

Not really. If you buy figures from different lines some consistency makes for a nicer display. If several different companies/customizers are making 12 inch figures the heads should roughly be the same size, if the people involved in production know what they are doing. It's not rocket science but some act like it is. If you ask artist who sculpt at 1/6th scale about Hot Toys heads most will tell you they are slightly under scale for 1/6th.

Back