Cowboys & Aliens

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? How....

You have Cowboys...and ALIENS...and James Bond, Indiana Jones, the hot Tron chick...and Sam ____ing Rockwell. This movie is almost an instant classic. :lol

Lego10.jpg

Saw a preview screening last night. No spoilers here, but....

Ignore the reviews. This is a well-made romp with a great cast that moves through it's genre-mashing paces at a good clip. The leads are perfectly cast and the supporting players are all perfect. The production is top-notch and it looks and sounds great.

Yes, it goes through it's paces in a somewhat predictable fashion and the one "gotcha" moment with a character isn't shocking and seen a mile away, but it doesn't stop it from being a great time.

I don't know what all the naysayers at RT are complaining about...it's called "Cowboys and Aliens", not "High Noon" or "Close Encounters"...with that pulpy title, you get exactly what you'd hope for....a bit of wacky with some style....

Big ole' thumbs up from me....

I was at the world premiere at Comic-Con. They succeeded in making this a good western first, then added in the aliens as the antagonists. There's nothing ground breaking in terms of the plot or plot devices, but it's great fun and the acting was solid all around.

My only complaint was that I thought Olivia Wilde's character could have been dropped. It's no her acting - she was fine - but that the character in the context of the story just didn't work for me.

Back