Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! :duff

I use Pledge with Future Shine when I apply a gloss to my statues. It works really well and it's easy to just brush on.

Thanks guys! :duff

I use Pledge with Future Shine when I apply a gloss to my statues. It works really well and it's easy to just brush on.

Also, a light (and i do mean light) coating of Armor All works really well. It works great on figures and statues.

Wow, that Catwoman really pops now! I might actually have to get one now and do that too her.

thanks Havok. so how long does it stay on? and i mean, does it any side effect to the statue's paint apps?
No problem man. I've had it on some of my pieces for months now and it hasn't come off and there's no side effects to the paint or anything. The Pledge is actually acrylic based so there shouldn't be any problems with it.
Also, a light (and i do mean light) coating of Armor All works really well. It works great on figures and statues.
I never would have thought of Armor All. One of the reasons I like the Pledge though is I've put two or three coats before on my pieces to give it an extra shine and I haven't had any problems.

@terry
could you post pic some where I would like to see how they come out. I would like to see Amore All and pledge effects. That's if you doing both.
@Havok
You CW looks awesome, but I have one concern if she falls how would she get up? She just keep on falling:lol(I don't mean breaking)

@terry
could you post pic some where I would like to see how they come out. I would like to see Amore All and pledge effects. That's if you doing both.
@Havok
You CW looks awesome, but I have one concern if she falls how would she get up? She just keep on falling:lol(I don't mean breaking)

i would probably try it on an action figure CAP shield first man. i'm not like the other freaks here where they have unlimited disposable income :D if armor all goes well with that, will definitely try it on any cheap bust that i could get my hands on 1st, then we'll see about that. i'm thinking on putting it on my Juggy bust as well :D

I never would have thought of Armor All. One of the reasons I like the Pledge though is I've put two or three coats before on my pieces to give it an extra shine and I haven't had any problems.

Ah, cool. The only reason I said a light coating is that if you barely touch armor all to any surface it shines and coats the heck out of it. It won't hurt the figure or statue but it may be too glossy. :D

Ah, cool. The only reason I said a light coating is that if you barely touch armor all to any surface it shines and coats the heck out of it. It won't hurt the figure or statue but it may be too glossy. :D

well i wouldn't want that now do i? :wacky

so maybe pledge will be better for this "experiment."

Anyway, as for Batgirl I still wish DC had gone with the original sketch, I'm sure peeps will still buy it as it is now but it wouldn't suprise me if this was their least successful so far in the line.

It sucks for people who hold the character in such high regard (like Dave), and then end up with a joke for a statue. I get the impression that Mr. Hughes was thinking with the same respect in mind when he chose the submitted sketch. You can tell just by the quality of her facial expression and the dynamics of her whole stance.

Babs' Batgirl deserved better.

@terry
could you post pic some where I would like to see how they come out. I would like to see Amore All and pledge effects.

I'll have to post some pics of my vintage MOTU figures. My house caught fire many years ago and a friend of mine (Anton Phibes on the horror portion of these boards) cleaned them up and then applied Armor All to them. They looked as if they were just opened from the package. Ever since then I've been using it to shine up both my figures and statues. I'm going to give the Pledge idea a shot also to see which I like better because Havok's Catwoman looks great! :D

I'll have to post some pics of my vintage MOTU figures. My house caught fire many years ago and a friend of mine (Anton Phibes on the horror portion of these boards) cleaned them up and then applied Armor All to them. They looked as if they were just opened from the package. Ever since then I've been using it to shine up both my figures and statues. I'm going to give the Pledge idea a shot also to see which I like better because Havok's Catwoman looks great! :D

Armor All, eh? I may have to try this. :D

What sucks with this Batgirl is that it makes finding a companion pic difficult since it's a con sketch. I highly doubt that AH! would allow a con sketch to be mass produced to compliment this statue . . .

It sucks for people who hold the character in such high regard (like Dave), and then end up with a joke for a statue. I get the impression that Mr. Hughes was thinking with the same respect in mind when he chose the submitted sketch. You can tell just by the quality of her facial expression and the dynamics of her whole stance.

Babs' Batgirl deserved better.

Yeah, I have to agree on that point. The statue as a stand alone piece is a fine bit of retro pinup - but as a Cover Girls statue it's horrible, given the precedent. It's somewhat disturbing that DC didn't realize that, and utterly ignored the guy that's making them all this money by choosing something radically different than what he submitted. Either they really love - or really hate - this character to make her so out of character with the established tone of the line. Wierd. I may not buy it just out of principle, but again, it's a fine statue on it's own. Maybe have to display it somewhere else if I pick it up (for cheap - won't pay full $ for this one).

Also have to say... hope Supergirl's a bit more... competent... looking when we see her statue in a few months.

Best Batgirl is still the Bust that Hughes designed a few years back:

https://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=6542

Sexy, confident, beautiful. Competent. Heck, the new one is also light years better than the Cover Girls version - it's still playful and tongue-in-cheek, but it would fit the tone of the Cover Girls line infinitely better:

https://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=13498

I think that's the tone they were shooting for, but missed it utterly.

Both sculpted by Jack Matthews. That boy can work clay, I tell ya ;)

Last edited:
Now I'm not trying to stir up any trouble so don't anyone get their panties in a bunch...but I really don't see the difference in this AH! Batgirl statue and the AH! She-Hulk statue he designed.

Both are portrayed with humor...yet I don't remember anyone complaining about She-Hulk not looking strong, confident and competent. On the contrary, the majority of fandom was "Oooing" & "aaahing" and saying "Hot!", "Sexy!" and "I'd do her!".

Yet the Batgirl statue is getting slammed right and left. The argument that "this statue doesn't fit in with the line" doesn't work either for me.

What about the humorous, playful nature of the AH! Supergirl bust? By the same argument that bust shouldn't be in that line...yet not a peep of dislike.

And before anyone mentions it, yes I realize that this CGotDCU statue was based off of a convention sketch.

The only time I ever remember any number of people having a hissy fit was when the AH! MJ comiquette came out.

I don't get it...but that's just me.

it's not just you, but apparently it's just the two of us.

I usually try to stay out of this stuff and just read everything but in this case i just don't have a problem with this statue. I like it and your right about the She hulk because when i put her in the middle of all my other AH! maquettes she's completely different but i don't think "well my whole display is ruined!"

it's not just you, but apparently it's just the two of us.

I usually try to stay out of this stuff and just read everything but in this case i just don't have a problem with this statue. I like it and your right about the She hulk because when i put her in the middle of all my other AH! maquettes she's completely different but i don't think "well my whole display is ruined!"

Well, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one! :lol

I like the statue and I've stayed out of the discussion for the most part but I had to make a comment regarding She-Hulk & Supergirl. :D

And I agree with your comment "Well my whole display is ruined!" I don't see it that way either. :lol

Back