Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My nieces (9 & 12) like this statue and appreciate the humor (they're quite intelligent for being so young) and listen to Led Zeppelin, Antonio Vivaldi, Johnny Cash & the Foo Fighters among others.

I taught them well. The Dark Side is STRONG with them. :rock

Last edited:
She bounces all the time.

I've never actually heard her listen to him. I know she doesn't own any of his music. She just likes pop, and tends to get caught up every now and then. I think it's reflexive.

I just asked her which she liked better. When she chose, I asked her why and she said, "Because it's funny." I was going for a 'from the mouths of babes' effect. Throwing Bieber in there was just salt.

Obviously, Havok, I was looking for ways to denigrate the statue. The way they went about it was a slap in the face to the artist, and the whole bloody episode is a confession of cluelessness on the part of the decision makers at DC Direct. The appeal of this line wasn't cute anime style big tit comedy. Apparently now it is, and that pisses people off. We aren't all repressed virgins with cartoon fetishes, but that's the direction this is heading and it's insulting to those of us who didn't want that, it's an insult to the artist whose work has infinitely more value than that, and it's an insult to the real value of the character.

But I'll shut up now. I'm sure I just need a drink to kill the brain cells in my head that cause me to take these things seriously. Who cares about the higher virtues of a fictional character when they have gigantic teenage nipples to ogle?

I've never actually heard her listen to him. I know she doesn't own any of his music. She just likes pop, and tends to get caught up every now and then. I think it's reflexive.

I just asked her which she liked better. When she chose, I asked her why and she said, "Because it's funny." I was going for a 'from the mouths of babes' effect. Throwing Bieber in there was just salt.

Obviously, Havok, I was looking for ways to denigrate the statue. The way they went about it was a slap in the face to the artist, and the whole bloody episode is a confession of cluelessness on the part of the decision makers at DC Direct. The appeal of this line wasn't cute anime style big tit comedy. Apparently now it is, and that pisses people off. We aren't all repressed virgins with cartoon fetishes, but that's the direction this is heading and it's insulting to those of us who didn't want that, it's an insult to the artist whose work has infinitely more value than that, and it's an insult to the real value of the character.

But I'll shut up now. I'm sure I just need a drink to kill the brain cells in my head that cause me to take these things seriously. Who cares about the higher virtues of a fictional character when they have gigantic teenage nipples to ogle?

Wow dude. You seriously need to take a step back and chill out over this whole thing. Also, did you ever think that by insulting the statue so much your also insulting Adam Hughes? Yeah it may not have been the artwork he wanted for the statue but the one DC Direct chose is still his artwork.

Just something to think about while you try to cool down.

as i said before, i usually try to stay out of this stuff - they are just statues you know - but the part i put in bold makes me winch a little. While you are right in that we are not all "repressed virgins with cartoon fetishes" the way you used that comment makes it seem like those of us who like the statues are.

You want to insult the statue and DCD then that's your perogative but you start making backhanded insults to those of us who like the statue then it may be time to chill out.

Again, it's just a statue so lets all relax a little.

Wow dude. You seriously need to take a step back and chill out...

Just something to think about while you try to cool down.

Yes, mother.

as i said before, i usually try to stay out of this stuff - they are just statues you know - but the part i put in bold makes me winch a little. While you are right in that we are not all "repressed virgins with cartoon fetishes" the way you used that comment makes it seem like those of us who like the statues are.

You want to insult the statue and DCD then that's your perogative but you start making backhanded insults to those of us who like the statue then it may be time to chill out.

You're right. My apologies, for what they're worth. I made grossly broad generalizations and I'm sorry for the insult. Consider it retracted. I was wrong to paint you all in that light.

Normally, I'm the one telling people off for getting personal over differences of taste, but for some reason, this has me worked up to the point that I'm not thinking clearly. Again, I apologize.

Edit: for the record, I have no issue with Adam's original art, or overly sexualized teenage female super heroes. Beauty is beauty; sexuality in art is not coextensive with prurient intentions.

Last edited:
You're right. My apologies, for what they're worth. I made grossly broad generalizations and I'm sorry for the insult. Consider it retracted. I was wrong to paint you all in that light.

Normally, I'm the one telling people off for getting personal over differences of taste, but for some reason, this has me worked up to the point that I'm not thinking clearly. Again, I apologize.

Edit: for the record, I have no issue with Adam's original art, or overly sexualized teenage female super heroes. Beauty is beauty; sexuality in art is not coextensive with prurient intentions.

:duff it's appreciated!

what is it with Justin Bieber? i literally just heard about him within the past month and now i hear about him every day. he must have a fantastic marketing team. is he a Disney kid?

Back