Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm not trying to stir up any trouble so don't anyone get their panties in a bunch...but I really don't see the difference in this AH! Batgirl statue and the AH! She-Hulk statue he designed.

Both are portrayed with humor...yet I don't remember anyone complaining about She-Hulk not looking strong, confident and competent. On the contrary, the majority of fandom was "Oooing" & "aaahing" and saying "Hot!", "Sexy!" and "I'd do her!".

Yet the Batgirl statue is getting slammed right and left. The argument that "this statue doesn't fit in with the line" doesn't work either for me.

What about the humorous, playful nature of the AH! Supergirl bust? By the same argument that bust shouldn't be in that line...yet not a peep of dislike.

And before anyone mentions it, yes I realize that this CGotDCU statue was based off of a convention sketch.

The only time I ever remember any number of people having a hissy fit was when the AH! MJ comiquette came out.

I don't get it...but that's just me.

Well this is just me since you brought up She-Hulk.. I have bought and read all her comics in all the various incarnations of shulkie and I can safely say that I do not like that she-hulk comiquette. I am in the minority I am sure, but jennifer walters never had that expression of 'or dear i ruined my lawyer suit'. that's just me. I do think that you have one of the best screen names though:lol

well she never had that expression but when Dan Slott was doing the comic it was a very funny comic. i think that the statue fits in perfectly with that period of She Hulk.

it was funny for me by situation juxtaposition. It's had to be flummoxed when you are that BIG AND GREEN! Tha's my last comment on that. Regardless I am probably going to get the babs statue cause I love the color, I'll display her standing over some plastic poo

well she never had that expression but when Dan Slott was doing the comic it was a very funny comic. i think that the statue fits in perfectly with that period of She Hulk.

And there you have the crux of the matter. The She-Hulk comiquette fits in extremely well with that era of the comic.

I don't ever recall a time when Barbara was 14 with a 38DD rack and didn't know how to use a batarang.

But that's just me...

And there you have the crux of the matter. The She-Hulk comiquette fits in extremely well with that era of the comic.

I don't ever recall a time when Barbara was 14 with a 38DD rack and didn't know how to use a batarang.

But that's just me...

well obviously the DD part is not right but if you recall when batgirl first came out she was ditzy - and i'm not talking about the year one rewrites of history the DC does. there is that famous cover where Batman is asking for help and she's says that she can't because of a run in her stocking. so in retrospect this statue is probably more in line with how Babs was when she first came out.

Well this is just me since you brought up She-Hulk.. I have bought and read all her comics in all the various incarnations of shulkie and I can safely say that I do not like that she-hulk comiquette. I am in the minority I am sure, but jennifer walters never had that expression of 'or dear i ruined my lawyer suit'. that's just me. I do think that you have one of the best screen names though :lol

:lol Thanks!

But that's just me...

Neither do I. No 38 DD that I remember.

But that doesn't change the fact that no one put up a stink, that I recall, about the sexy, playful & humorous way Supergirl looked in the AH! WotDCU bust line or the same way She-Hulk looked in the current AH! line from SS.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't take these statues so seriously...the "She's not confident or looks strong like the rest of the line" comments are, IMO, funny when it comes down to a statue line that has women who are in sexy, skin tight outfits and/or scantily clad.

But that's just me.™© Darth Snoopy :D

well obviously the DD part is not right but if you recall when batgirl first came out she was ditzy - and i'm not talking about the year one rewrites of history the DC does. there is that famous cover where Batman is asking for help and she's says that she can't because of a run in her stocking. so in retrospect this statue is probably more in line with how Babs was when she first came out.

:lecture

She looks like she has an IQ of 6. But that's just me.

And I'd be talking out of class because I don't own any of the Marvel statues, but the She-Hulk statue seems to have a lot in common with the Mary Jane statue, and neither of them are as impressive as Emma or Jean.

In general, I'd prefer a statue to depict the highest incarnation of a character. That is how all of these statues have been so far, and would have been still, had the artist's preference been honored. (A line like the busts isn't a good comparison. The Supergirl one was the best in the line and nothing else really ever measured up to it.)

In general, I'd prefer a statue to depict the highest incarnation of a character. That is how all of these statues have been so far, and would have been still, had the artist's preference been honored.

So because Batgirl is portrayed with humor and innocence this line is now sullied for you?

A line like the busts isn't a good comparison.

The comparison between the WotDCU bust line & CGotDCU statue line is absolutely fine. <O:p</O:p

The Supergirl one was the best in the line and nothing else really ever measured up to it.)

So…you’re saying that the AH! Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Donna Troy and Catwoman busts didn’t measure up to the Supergirl bust. While it was one of the best in the line, it wasn’t any better than the other four I mentioned.<O:p</O:p

There is one big difference. Covergirls actually look like a 3-D representation of Adam's art.

Very true! :lecture

I'm not following how the AH! Supergirl bust is comparable to this? Yes, it had a bit of Kara as Marilyn to it - but it wasn't demeaning to the character and was obviously the pre-crisis Supergirl, not the teen of today. They are very different characters.

As for why I'm okay with She-Hulk - as stated, she was depicted like that in the comics. But I don't collect Marvel comiquettes anyway.

BTJM ™© Darth Snoopy

BTJM?

So because Batgirl is portrayed with humor and innocence this line is now sullied for you?

Not the whole line. This particular entry is. Having to omit her from the cast I was hoping to acquire is a disappointment. I am focusing only on Gotham related characters, and not having Batgirl is a major loss.

I don't see humor and innocence. I see dumb. They better not ____ up Huntress.

Darth Snoopy said:
So…you’re saying that the AH! Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Donna Troy and Catwoman busts didn’t measure up to the Supergirl bust. While it was one of the best in the line, it wasn’t any better than the other four I mentioned.<O:p</O:p

I thought the entire line was weak. Supergirl was the only one I liked.

I'm not following how the AH! Supergirl bust is comparable to this? Yes, it had a bit of Kara as Marilyn to it - but it wasn't demeaning to the character and was obviously the pre-crisis Supergirl, not the teen of today. They are very different characters.

I see them as comparable since both the Supergirl bust and the Batgirl statue are done in a tongue-in-cheek manner.

As for why I'm okay with She-Hulk - as stated, she was depicted like that in the comics. But I don't collect Marvel comiquettes anyway.

BTJM ™© Darth Snoopy

:lol :lol :lol Thanks for that, Dave!

But That's Just Me™©by me. Dave made a funny. :D :rock

Not the whole line. This particular entry is. Having to omit her from the cast I was hoping to acquire is a disappointment. I am focusing only on Gotham related characters, and not having Batgirl is a major loss.

I can understand that. What I don't understand is the outright hatred for this statue displayed by some people around the interwebs. If you don't like it...don't buy it. It's that simple.

I don't see humor and innocence. I see dumb. They better not ____ up Huntress.

Well...let's just agree to disagree.

I thought the entire line was weak. Supergirl was the only one I liked.

Okay. To me your earlier comment came off as fact and not just your opinion. :peace

Nice to see the civil discussion about Batgirl has picked up again. I'm just glad there's a few people that actually like the statue. :lol

It's this
batgirlstatue.jpg

or GTFO.

Nice to see the civil discussion about Batgirl has picked up again. I'm just glad there's a few people that actually like the statue. :lol

Yeah it's nice to have a civil discussion considering some of the crap I've seen elsewhere on the interwebs. :D

It's this
Batgirl_Con_Sketch_by_AdamHughes.jpg

or GTFO.

I've been in this thread longer. So I'm staying, I have seniority. :D :monkey3

Last edited:
Although I would have much preferred a statue of the sketch Adam submitted for Batgirl. the statue itself is growing on me more and more every time I have another look at the solicitation photo.

The facial expression isn't too goofy, it's her hair that seems a little funny to me. Maybe it's just the angle the photo was taken at!!

Got no problems with the nipples!:naughty

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Although I would have much preferred a statue of the sketch Adam submitted for Batgirl. the statue itself is growing on me more and more every time I have another look at the solicitation photo.

The facial expression isn't too goofy, it's her hair that seems a little funny to me. Maybe it's just the angle the photo was taken at!!

I'm looking forward to having this piece in my collection and I think it'll be better than the pics at DCD. :D

BTW...

:wave Howdy & :welcome to the FREAKS Show! :wave

Back