Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the new release list for Wednesday, August 26, 2009 ZATANNA is already shipping to funnybook stores! Yay, and away goes money down the drain!

I know this would be very similar to the WODCU bust, but I love SG with the white shirt...SEXY. And an option for those who missed on the bust
hughes_supergirl.jpg

No words needed
Ivy4SK.jpg

I went into a LCS for the first in what seems like ages and I picked up a previews mag and I noticed that Adam will be doing a variant cover for Detective Comics 858 featuring Batwoman. I haven't really given any though of her as a statue but I'm sure if anybody can make her look hot, it's Adam.

I went into a LCS for the first in what seems like ages and I picked up a previews mag and I noticed that Adam will be doing a variant cover for Detective Comics 858 featuring Batwoman. I haven't really given any though of her as a statue but I'm sure if anybody can make her look hot, it's Adam.

Indeed! :monkey5

I heard supergirl is in the works.....I cant wait to pick up the zatanna!!!
No Supergirl design yet; though its been said by DC Direct in an interview that its "on the list" to be done.

the next design IS done, and has been sent off. Its lovely.....

I did actually. :monkey3

Are you talking about the Supergirl hands? Cuz my hands did that no problem. Remember, men and women have different flexibility in our forearms; and theres some weird trick that one can do and the other can't, due to the fact that womens' crook of their arms hang inwards, and mens outwards. Seriously: hang your arms loosely at your side. Women's crook of the arm faces out. Men's face in. Also; try this; it will illustrate the difference I'm talking about:

Fold your arms together with your fists touching your neck and elbows together. Now slowly straighten your arms out flat, keeping the elbows together. Women can keep the elbows touching til the arms are flat, men can't.

And lastly... before criticizing convention sketches, try and keep in mind the difficulty of creating all these images while sitting at a con table. No reference, no models and no way to fix your mistakes. Drawing while at a comic book convention goes on all around you can be distracting, and not so easy to create "perfect anatomy" in.

Are you talking about the Supergirl hands? Cuz my hands did that no problem. Remember, men and women have different flexibility in our forearms; and theres some weird trick that one can do and the other can't, due to the fact that womens' crook of their arms hang inwards, and mens outwards. Seriously: hang your arms loosely at your side. Women's crook of the arm faces out. Men's face in. Also; try this; it will illustrate the difference I'm talking about:

Fold your arms together with your fists touching your neck and elbows together. Now slowly straighten your arms out flat, keeping the elbows together. Women can keep the elbows touching til the arms are flat, men can't.

And lastly... before criticizing convention sketches, try and keep in mind the difficulty of creating all these images while sitting at a con table. No reference, no models and no way to fix your mistakes. Drawing while at a comic book convention goes on all around you can be distracting, and not so easy to create "perfect anatomy" in.
I never knew that about Men's and Women's arms. I swear, you learn something knew everyday. :lol

I know this would be very similar to the WODCU bust, but I love SG with the white shirt...SEXY. And an option for those who missed on the bust

Nah, Please make the new Supergirl different, the bust can be found on eBay. I want Supergirl in her costume not a white shirt for the statue line.

I hope you aren't offended. I love AH's work, and I am a drawer myself. I love drawing the human body. That is my favorite thing to illustrate more than anything else. While I can illustrate vegetation I absolutely hate drawing it. hehe

But you're definitely right, distractions and lack of reference material can definitely throw one off of his/her game.

*waits until AH! doesn't look, and gives Darth Saffron a hug*

Don't kill me. :)

Saw Zatanna at forbidden planet yesterday. she looks just as good as WW.

I never knew that about Men's and Women's arms. I swear, you learn something knew everyday. :lol

Women have arms now?

Saw Zatanna at forbidden planet yesterday. she looks just as good as WW.

Better, although still not worth the pricetag IMHO. My LCS had it for $99.99 and I know for a fact if I hunt harder enough I can find it for cheaper on eBay.

Better, although still not worth the pricetag IMHO. My LCS had it for $99.99 and I know for a fact if I hunt harder enough I can find it for cheaper on eBay.

What else is new? Everything at LCS are overpriced compared to ebay or online retailers.

Back