Court of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The variant was pretty much confirmed by the sculptor on SF. Just hoping Sideshow previews or officially confirms her now during their October Spooktacular.

Lucky for me my girlfriend is into collecting oddities; bones, antique medical equipment, and taxidermy so she was easily sold on the collection. My girlfriend was the one that first took a liking to Avarkus (Red Death) and told me she wanted it. I decided we were getting more than one. We are unlikely to grab the entire set but I did pre-order Avarkus, Gethsemoni and Gallebarbe (my favorite) and we are planning to get Kier, Xiall and Cleopsis when they are available. Depending on space and future releases we are likely to get more.

We are very excited about this collection. We are both big fans of horror. I collect Catwoman, Joker and Batman statues and she collects the odd and macabre so we felt like bringing the two together to start a collection we can both get into.

Antique medical equipment? I'd sleep with one eye open.

The variant was pretty much confirmed by the sculptor on SF. Just hoping Sideshow previews or officially confirms her now during their October Spooktacular.

Don't put words in my mouth. I know nothing about any variants. Lot's of great 2D work supporting these sculptures.

Guys, It was Igo, on Statue Forum, that confirmed Sideshow is discussing the idea of a variant.

Here is his quote (#1740):

He's not, Tom is full time for us. As is Ian (the guy whose art is being discussed as a second version for the Queen statue within this thread.)

He was responding from a screenshot I took from a behind the scene video, Sideshow posted.

e6v9lt.jpg

He was referring to the discussion taking place among the forum members who assumed the art is for a variant. Not a discussion among the team at Sideshow.

Don't put words in my mouth. I know nothing about any variants. Lot's of great 2D work supporting these sculptures.

Well I don't want to get you in trouble. Especially since I seem to purchase every statue you sculpt these days...But it seemed like from the quote that you knew more about the possible variant. That's why I said pretty much confirmed.

Is there a site where I can see pics from sdcc of all these statues in the line? This has become my most anticipated line and I would live to drool over some pics :)

Is there a site where I can see pics from sdcc of all these statues in the line? This has become my most anticipated line and I would live to drool over some pics :)

thx217 posted beautiful high-res pictures of them over on SF. Here's the link. The COTD stuff is mixed in with everything else, but his pictures are great so it's worth browsing through them all anyway.

There's some great videos from SDCC as well. I'll post the links if you're interested.

thx217 posted beautiful high-res pictures of them over on SF. Here's the link. The COTD stuff is mixed in with everything else, but his pictures are great so it's worth browsing through them all anyway.

There's some great videos from SDCC as well. I'll post the links if you're interested.

Thanks so much! That's exactly what I was looking for.

And Good God man, theses are the best looking statues I've ever seen. I am 100% planning on selling me collection to replace them with this line. I love these. I really wish we could get more updates from SS on this line on a regular basis.

Thanks so much! That's exactly what I was looking for.

And Good God man, theses are the best looking statues I've ever seen. I am 100% planning on selling me collection to replace them with this line. I love these. I really wish we could get more updates from SS on this line on a regular basis.

You're welcome! :duff

This is easily one of the best lines I've ever seen as well. I was actually planning to pass on the whole line before SDCC because I have so much on order, but all the new reveals just blew my mind. Now I'll be picking up quite a few, even if I have to sell some things like you said. If you're interested, here's a booth walk-through that Sideshow's Mike Tolentino gave at SDCC. The COTD part starts at 5:45, and he gives quite a bit of interesting information on the backstory and the future of the line as well.

MadXcollector also did some really great in-depth videos of Xiall, Mortighull, Cleopsis, Oglaveil, Death, and Keir. I love his videos because he tends to points out small details and things that are easy to miss on camera. The poor guy had made a really long video of Death's Siren in which he interviewed Mark Newman about the piece, and he accidentally deleted it!

Does anyone else start to lose interest when things take too long to come out? I've only been collecting for a year, but has the timeframe from reveal to ship always been this long? It would be awesome to get shipments 3-6 months after reveals.

Does anyone else start to lose interest when things take too long to come out? I've only been collecting for a year, but has the timeframe from reveal to ship always been this long? It would be awesome to get shipments 3-6 months after reveals.

Yep. As much as SS hyped CotD at SDCC, they have done the opposite since then. I was so hyped up to buy all of them, but lately I've been thinking about not doing any. I have the first three p.o.'d and I've been going back and forth on cancelling two of them. I think the best thing SS can do, period, is put out a road map for these statues, and everything else for that matter. Show us a time frame and possible release dates. I'm not impatient, but I'm also not looking to take years to collect a set of something. I have a feeling they'll possibly push a couple out next month, but I don't know, because they haven't said **** since SDCC!!!

Absolutely. It's hard enough to plan for space/funds for a line of statues... then spread that dedication over, what 3 + years now????

I have found that through the years, my interests for particular lines loses its luster. For instance, I was once a Star Wars, LOTR, and Marvel collector, but that are no longer the case. This has nothing to do with how long a statue takes to get produced. It is more of an evolution of my interests in statues. For me, if a statue is hitting my taste at a particular time in my life, my fervor will remain as strong the day it is in my hand as when it was first previewed.

I have found that through the years, my interests for particular lines loses its luster. For instance, I was once a Star Wars, LOTR, and Marvel collector, but that are no longer the case. This has nothing to do with how long a statue takes to get produced. It is more of an evolution of my interests in statues. For me, if a statue is hitting my taste at a particular time in my life, my fervor will remain as strong the day it is in my hand as when it was first previewed.
Yeah, I agree 100%
I feel a lot of this hobby for me is the thrill of getting something new. I love that feeling of knowing it coming that day and opening it. It's the main reason why I have only been collecting for a year, but I've already sold almost 20 statues. I have pretty much only kept about 10 statues and can only see keeping a handful of them forever.
A lot of times I'm not as interested as I thought I would be or they eventually get boring... I have almost owned everything that I would be interested at this point. This line piqued my interest because of how unique and artistic the sculpts are.
I planned on buying some and still do, but they don't put out enough updates to keep whetting our appetite... They really need to improve in their marketing department. I am starting to forget about the line and to be honest bored. They should really be working to keep us talking about it on these forums everyday by constantly giving us updates... A great example is the XM stuff. I don't plan on buying those, but man, there is so much to talk about in those threads because of all the information they are constantly leaking.

I've spoken of the release schedule for Court of the Dead items in a few threads but it probably was not within this thread.

Pieces shown at SDCC will be released in 2014, 2015, and part of 2016. What many folks are unaware of is that a HUGE chunk of Court of the Dead pieces shown at SDCC where completed right before the show. This means that they were/are not anywhere close to being able to be solicited right away. Currently it's estimated that each qtr for the rest of 2014, 2015, and part of 2016 will have a Court of the Dead piece available for Pre-Order. That could of course change but for now that is the plan.

-SideshowAlex

Back