Cost of Xbox Live subscription increase starting Nov. 1, 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But you don't pay that month to month. You pay it all at once. I hate these arguments when you break them down like that. It isn't broken down like that when you pay for it.

Me too..What it breaks down to in increments is irrelevant to me. The amount that they will charge to my card when it comes time to renew is.

I've never experienced X-Box Live, but I'd never want to especially considering I get PSN for free.

Microsoft needs to do stuff to get people to switch or at least add a console, charging more for your online service while the competitor is already free is a stupid move. The most I've ever played a game online is Red Dead, and I've had a few problems with that, but considering it's Rockstar's servers that were causing the problems, I don't see what's bad about PSN. I can't remember when a system update has been slow on PSN, it only downloads slow when my PC is hogging the bandwidth.

this really sucks.
I just got the 360 in the spring and was never to fun of paying to play online.

WTF MICROSOFT!!!

that's why for me PS3 still #1

You should make a video rant and post it on YouTube.

I have no problem with the $10 increase. It's been $50 for a long time. It's not like they jack it up every year and $10 more isn't even $1 a month.

In a time when consumer spending is down, shouldn't Microsoft lower the XBL subscription prices, instead of increasing them?

In any case, I'm still planning to purchase a 360 before Halo: Reach comes out.
why not grab one of those halo reach consoles,they have two custom controllers and halo sounds when it powers up:yess::google

FYI I say 12 month cards at Costco for 39.99 today. Get them before the 1st

Glad i grabbed a ps3 and a free bluray player to boot! Although i do like halo :)

There's really NO REASON to have to pay for online gaming. If you were paying for region based dedicated servers for every multiplayer game then I can understand a charge, but if game companies will continue to do player based servers, you guys are paying for nothing. who gives a ____ if it is more streamlined so you can chat to people.

There's really NO REASON to have to pay for online gaming. If you were paying for region based dedicated servers for every multiplayer game then I can understand a charge, but if game companies will continue to do player based servers, you guys are paying for nothing. who gives a ____ if it is more streamlined so you can chat to people.

I give a ____. :(

Microsoft is offering numerous renewal packages to avoid the price hike. I just renewed for two years for $100 CDN, and that includes 1600 MS points. That works out to roughly $40 CDN per year, which is more than reasonable for the superior online service.

And it IS superior to the PSN in every way. I have and love both consoles, but anyone who thinks the PSN is better than Xbox Live is just fooling themselves, or is a major Sony fanboy.

If Playstation Plus offered more than discounts on downloadable games and instead added better online capabilities, then I'd also gladly pay their annual fee. But so far, I haven't seen anything about the Plus service that makes it worth $60 CDN to me.

Damm I bumped this to give info not for people to _____ and moan especially those who dont even have a 360.

Does anyone know if they are sold at Sam's?? I never venture over to the video game section when I'm there.
Not sure but there was also a deal on XBOX live for 2 years (starting when your current expires and charges at that point) and 1600 points for $90 (I think it was$90)

Back