CoolProps Wolf Predator LifeSize Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw this in person, and it seemed really cheaply made, I own the berserker predator bust and that one is far superier

The thing that interests me is the materials that have been used in this cp Wolf Predator bust, it lists Resin and FRP (Fibre-reinforced Plastic).
I am not sure if all of the cp busts are made using these same materials, so this might not be any surprise to collectors that are familiar with their products.

I also own the ssc Berserker Predator bust, it is an absolute beast of a piece which weighs an absolute tonne :)
(It arrived on the back of a large truck and was on a small wooden pallet - I could not fit the box through my front door of my house
- I had to unbox it on my front door step and carry the bust without the box through the front door).

If this cp Wolf Predator Bust was solid Resin (like the ssc Berserker Predator bust) it would be a lot more expensive to purchase and freight would be a lot more, some collectors would not mind paying more to receive a solid, heavy piece and then others prefer light weight and would complain about having to pay more.
- So, I guess you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

I find all of the cp busts look a little bit glossy /shiny to me, and so would not purchase, the sculpt looks good but the paint apps look very glossy to me.

Kinda in the same boat, Wolf is one of my fav Preds. I actually like the sculpt/pose and could live with glossy paint but the dreads are just.....dreadful. Until they do something different with them I'm afraid I will just have to pass on all of these Pred busts.

I hope CP start making 1/2 busts at some point, I'd happily buy a full line up of those. This one is their first big miss imo.

How exactly do you mean "felt cheap"?

I also have it and it was very light and the hairs was done very very poorly all stuck together with very poorly finish paints it’s too bad because the sculpt was very good and her face is well done but the rest of it felt lacking

Have they announced any differences with this new one now is there any reason to buy this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much what Groot said. It also looks fantastic (from a distance) and photographs great. It's upon closer inspection where you notice all the imperfections. The dreds are probably the worst I've seen.

Their version of the Wolf looks like nothing has changed with regards to quality.

I ended up keeping mind, but that's simply because it would be a ****** to move and I'll most likely lose money.

Pretty much what Groot said. It also looks fantastic (from a distance) and photographs great. It's upon closer inspection where you notice all the imperfections. The dreds are probably the worst I've seen.

Their version of the Wolf looks like nothing has changed with regards to quality.

I ended up keeping mind, but that's simply because it would be a ****** to move and I'll most likely lose money.

Me too She sitting beautifully with the busts
b1916682352f0ae10a75c40c66cab477.jpg

The P2 bust is an odd one. I'd normally be first to call something out on feeling light and cheap and whilst it certainly feels both of those things it just seems to look good enough to get a pass from me. It just has prescense despite the lack of quality in so many areas. It's one of those where you look at it thinking "wow" and then if you pick it up you're like "huh?"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The sculpt looks great but the pred 2 bust looks like it has been covered in Vaseline - it is so shiny compared to all of the other busts pictured next to him / her.
Why do cp do this, have they not seen other 1.1 busts that have been produced by other companies?

Majority of 1.1 busts have a matt finish on them, not a super glossy finish.

when i had it, i didn't think the P2 was too glossy. The smaller paint details were the only things that really bothered me. The Wolf just looks like plastic from all the photos i've seen.

as a pred bust collector only I was going to get this but seeing the photos on retailers web shops i'm not so sure, looks really shiney, the dreads are worse than p2 just something about it, may wait until scar comes out which looks better from early photos

only £900 on sideshow as well if ony they had kept the European warehouse

I think this Wolf looks a little bit "tired" from fighting against lots of Aliens.:wink1:
But he would look so nice next to my sideshow Wolf Biomask...if the size of the coolprops is correct.It look a little bit small on some pics.

I think this Wolf looks a little bit "tired" from fighting against lots of Aliens.:wink1:
But he would look so nice next to my sideshow Wolf Biomask...if the size of the coolprops is correct.It look a little bit small on some pics.

I was also hoping off doing a display with him with mask and weapon props, but I am not sure now.

Is there any news about the other Kagero predator bust??

Where did you get this picture from? Who makes this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back