CoolProps Wolf Predator LifeSize Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange these have turned out so bad looking. I'm sure the lighting doesnt help but they just kook so cheap and light. It's a shame really.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Its been downhill from the start with this company. Great bios, then the good P2, followed up by the just ok Alien busts and now these, wow.

Its been downhill from the start with this company. Great bios, then the good P2, followed up by the just ok Alien busts and now these, wow.

Yeah, the Alien busts looked far better than these but none of them blew me away. The fact that I'm a huge Alien/Predator collector and I was not blown away by (or even impressed by) a single thing at the Coolprops booth is telling. The Neomorph bust was probably the best looking thing there, but not something I would purchase.

Their Big chap 1:1 bust is a thing of absolute beauty to be fair. But even that could (should) have been produced and painted to a higher standard. But that is the shining light among current mediocrity. I hope they find a way to improve as they do make some genuinely interesting stuff.

7UbZDmM.jpg

The problem is that their products are 85% made from fiberglass, which is terrible for holding detailed textures and paint apps isn’t any good. Prime1’s seems to be made from translucent resin which is glossy as heck but they did pretty good job covering it up with decent paint apps.

CP should hire new factory, otherwise they’re out of the game IMO.

If they did a better job at the paint app of that big chap head, I would have ordered one in a heartbeat. I just can't justify letting go of that much money unsatisfied. :(

I remember I was looking forward to get the Wolf... at least one predator bust with shoulders I thought... oh boy. Those dreads are hideous. Mediocre to terrible paintjob, There's no definition anywhere, they used a special "resin fiberglass mix to give it more definition" (translation: we used just fiberglass to lighten it up). This is bollocks, there is no repaint that can save this one this time.

I stand by my words that those coolprops pred busts look like big piggy banks.

If they did a better job at the paint app of that big chap head, I would have ordered one in a heartbeat. I just can't justify letting go of that much money unsatisfied. :(

I'm not sure you would have been unsatisfied with it, it genuinely is beautiful and by far the closest we've ever seen to the original creature in collectible format. BUT.... It is a shed load of money, and when you bear that significant cost in mind, they could have refined it somewhat and improved a few things, paint included. I'll forgive a few rough edges, but not so easily on a $1700 head. I suspect you're paying a lot for the little silver plaque that comes with it and features the big mans name.

Yeah, the Alien busts looked far better than these but none of them blew me away. The fact that I'm a huge Alien/Predator collector and I was not blown away by (or even impressed by) a single thing at the Coolprops booth is telling. The Neomorph bust was probably the best looking thing there, but not something I would purchase.

Agree completely, best one was the only one I would never own.

It wasn't the paint job for me, but lack of detail on the bust that turned me off, I was very disappointed seeing it in person.

The problem is that their products are 85% made from fiberglass, which is terrible for holding detailed textures and paint apps isn’t any good. Prime1’s seems to be made from translucent resin which is glossy as heck but they did pretty good job covering it up with decent paint apps.

CP should hire new factory, otherwise they’re out of the game IMO.

The material isn't the issue, I have fiberglass pieces that have a ton of detail or just look at the new Chronicle baby blue, very sharp details and it's fiberglass.

They use a mix of resin with fiberglass that makes the pieces look cheap and with very poor definition. I've seen that compound in asian custom pieces and it doesn't look any good. It can ruin a good sculpt. On top of that, they seem not to be the best recasters of the world, either Scar or Wolf are supposedly pulled off from original ADI's and they don't look any good. Scar better perhaps.

P.S. (What a missed opportunity by the way having ADI stuff available to recast and making this crap.)

Scar would be a turd no matter what it was cast from the design is clueless but that's Paul Anderson...
Coolprops just need some art direction, the pieces are there for the Wolf to be epic, but it looks like it's melted in the sun to me

To be fair at least they didn't bring out great looking protos and then ship these.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm sure one of the reason for such pose is that they want it to be different from old Sideshow. However, it doesn't seem to look good though.
Should've gone for closed mouth pose. At least they could open PO for Wolf bio's immediately to raises sale lol.

Back