CoolProps Wolf Predator LifeSize Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more I look at it the more easily it is too leave it, waiting to see what scar looks like painted, really not sure why they cant do better dreads

A friend of mine took some pics of this bust at Monsterpalooza.
Looking not bad at all. The details are indeed softer than sideshow bust, that's what I always wish coolprops realize and rectify it, casting the original prop is only one step towards to success but not the final step.
89ce97014a90f6038a8d78903212b31bb151edf1.jpg
QQ图片20180414212414.jpg
QQ图片20180414212640.jpg
QQ图片20180414212649.jpg
QQ图片20180414213033.jpg
QQ图片20180414213059.jpg
QQ图片20180414213053.jpg
QQ图片20180414213049.jpg

I don't know if its the flash but this looks horribly plasticy. No details no paint nothing looking good whatsoever.

The dreads worse than ever this time, they are worse than the $30 plastic predator bank. GLAD I didn't put a reserve on this, no repaint in this world could save this mess.

Maybe I'm wrong and in person is not so bad, or maybe I'm used to better quality predator sculpts, but, what a huge letdown.

I don't care about the dread that much.
What I'm disappointed is the missing of sculpting details, I mean compared with sideshow's, there are so many skin/wrinkle details missing, what a shame.
If coolprops can find someone re-sculpt those details, while with the accurate base shape/proportion came from the original props, this piece will be on a whole new level.
j1f03xom.jpg

Looks like a poor taxidermy job. The face has a straight up plastic doll look to the surface. No details on the surface plus overly heavy paint application. Add the piss poor dreads and this is almost a total failure. The base and the basic sculpt are the only decent things about this piece. I really want a Predator bust but it looks like ill have to wait for something from someone other than CP for it.

Plastic is the word that keeps coming up to describe this one. I can't argue with anyone that thinks so. Disappointing.

Looks like a poor taxidermy job.

This sums up everything I think after seeing above pics.
Why on earth would they chose fiberglass, the material which could hold the least details, to use with the character which has the most details is beyond me.
I'm a bit worried about the upcoming JH bust though, for it has older item to compare like this.

Extremely disappointing and I would have actually thought about purchasing this. Seems like most Wolf Pieces have been a fail since the LSF. Hot Toys looks like the only good Wolf piece on the horizon anytime soon.

Coolprobs quality looks like Halloween decoration in my opinion. Common guys, either way more detail in the sculpt or get a better paint job done!

A friend of mine took some pics of this bust at Monsterpalooza.
Looking not bad at all. The details are indeed softer than sideshow bust, that's what I always wish coolprops realize and rectify it, casting the original prop is only one step towards to success but not the final step.
View attachment 404708
View attachment 404709
View attachment 404710
View attachment 404711
View attachment 404713
View attachment 404714
View attachment 404715
View attachment 404716

Did your friend happen to get any pics of the AvP Queen bust that appears to be to the left of the Predator bust? If so, could you post them in the AvP Queen thread? Thanks in advance! 👍

Planned on selling my Sideshow/ADI bust, and pre-order this, so the overall style matches my Jungle Hunter bust. So glad I didn't!
This looks even worse than the LSB.

while the SS 1:1 is far from perfect, it does indeed look to be much better than this.....by a landslide.

Definitely. This CP version just makes me want to find the SSC version.....

i had one before, and imo it's not worth the going rate because of the dreads. Never understood the purple paint application on it either.

Back