coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The regular version has started popping up on sites in the uk for £1,750 upwards. So we in the UK could theoretically get the deluxe version from sideshow and it would be the same price after postage. But wont the VAT be like £275 or something? Isnt it like 20% of the item value?

The regular version has started popping up on sites in the uk for £1,750 upwards. So we in the UK could theoretically get the deluxe version from sideshow and it would be the same price after postage. But wont the VAT be like £275 or something? Isnt it like 20% of the item value?

The issue we have when trying to figure out the best deal, is that sideshow no longer offer shipping quotes at the time of pre-order. This could be really expensive. But if we assume a shipping cost of $200 (seems reasonable...ish, but maybe expect more) Then the deluxe version purchased from Sideshow direct, would cost UK buyers around about £1740 including the 20% duty. So there isn't much in it, it seems silly not to go for that beautiful second head. But again.... It could potentially be way more.

What scares me is the 'this item cannot be shipped outside the UK' notice on collectibles direct page.

I tried using the fedex shipping cost calculator for a 1x1m box at 26kg and the results were... scary.

If only there was an estimate calculated by Sideshow, I would have ordered the deluxe already :)

I checked a few other P1 statues (Batman, Bane etc.), they have a height of over 70cm, so they must be in the same general ballpark dimension and weight wise. Shipping was around 150-170usd. So 200usd for shipping as per Python's hypothesis sounds about right.

It's totally shi ty for SS not to have shipping quotes and here's why.

They have weight and dimensions typically and already pay less than they charge you.

Just figure it out SS

545886204ad56bc1020c4ac17214d60e.jpg

Basement statue room being built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very very nice!

I know it doesn't help your list in any official manner Spike. But there's a fair few people on FB that have ordered this. And all of them seem to have gone for the more expensive deluxe version. Despite it's huge size and cost, this does thankfully seem to be selling just fine. Fingers crossed for more of these from P1, and hopefully very soon.... Some Predators!

I know it doesn't help your list in any official manner Spike. But there's a fair few people on FB that have ordered this. And all of them seem to have gone for the more expensive deluxe version. Despite it's huge size and cost, this does thankfully seem to be selling just fine. Fingers crossed for more of these from P1, and hopefully very soon.... Some Predators!

The actual number on its own doesn't mean anything - but it can serve as a TREND indicator of general popularity / interest.

For example, the Wolf Pred (RIP) got to a total of 63 name-confirmed pre-orders. Given its 750 edition size (yeah right - lol!) our 2 forums made up about 1/12 of the release.

With the Deluxe dog alien being 800 ES, we need an increase from the current 24 orders to about 67 to match it's statistical popularity.

Just an indicator - nothing else.

(* plus I like playing with figures - and don't tell the Wife about Suzy . . . *)

I get you, the wolf was $1k less though, so it probably makes sense that this will take a little longer to reach those numbers. It's a big old chunk of money and I imagine many people need time to justify committing to it. It took me all of 10 seconds! :lol

I have preordered the deluxe version. This statue is beautiful [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The perfect orgasnism.
Its stuctural perfection is matched only by its hostility.
A survivor...
...unclouded by conscience, remorse... or delusions of morality.

Just scored a huge electrical job. Looks like I will be ordering the Dx this week with no hesitation.

I’m gonna drop an early payment on it along with the deposit too. [emoji51]

Just scored a huge electrical job. Looks like I will be ordering the Dx this week with no hesitation.

Congrats x 2!!!!! :)

I'm hoping for a promotion myself! If it happens...perhaps I'll be able to make a similar purchase. Perhaps. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I'm also going to be ordering from Sideshow directly (first purchase from them for me!). You mentioned an early payment along with the deposit, is the flex payments plan as flexible as it sounds? I.e. can I also preorder and along with the 170USD deposit drop some more cash too? Or in the months leading up to April when the payments start?

Back