coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time the description states: "developed the Dog Alien Maquette based on the mold of the puppet" and "3D data from the movie."

Now it states:"developed this product based on 1:3 Maquette" and "Prime 1 Studio enhanced the 3D data"

There is a discrepancy between the two, regardless of what CP did.

First time the description states: "developed the Dog Alien Maquette based on the mold of the puppet" and "3D data from the movie."

Now it states:"developed this product based on 1:3 Maquette" and "Prime 1 Studio enhanced the 3D data"

If there weren't any 3D digital effects for the Alien 3 creature it may have been incorrect. It might be more accurate that they scanned the 1:3 maquette, then enhanced that data.

Can I just ask (and I have no motive here, I'm genuinely curious) Do you like this maquette? I'm having a hard time telling lol. I'm an accuracy snob, so I'll not judge you for the same thing. But I do think that CP/P1 found a nice balance with this one. It isn't as definitive as ADI's version, but that costs so much more that it isn't even really comparable. I think that this Prime 1 version (while slightly artistic is some areas) Is more than close enough, and is a thing of beauty. Same with the new Prime 1 Predator 2 statue. It's accuracy is off enough that it could be improved for sure, but it's still beautiful, and affordable, a good balance.

I'm just trying to figure out what they really used as reference,being that CP originally showed an exact copy of the MB maquette head for a the open mouth head and then Prime 1 mentions a different reference in their original description.And now another change to what was used as reference.

It's smells like marketing BS.Like they can't decide what will convince you more of "it's accuracy" and it seems to change with critiques about it.

53043073_10216956045685892_7571066992455581696_n.jpg

53012084_10216956045805895_5913150517449588736_n.jpg

I'm just trying to figure out what they really used as reference,being that CP originally showed an exact copy of the MB maquette head for a the open mouth head and then Prime 1 mentions a different reference in their original description.And now another change to what was used as reference.

It's smells like marketing BS.Like they can't decide what will convince you more of "it's accuracy" and it seems to change with critiques about it.

If you're on facebook, message them and ask directly. They do tend to respond. Or ask on their group thing for clarification.

The Prime1/CoolProps Dog Alien Maquette was finished by Abner Marin. He only had a 3d scan of the maquette owned by CoolProps. The scan was very rough so he had to make up most of the details. For this he used pictures from the film mainly (as they wanted it to be like the one in the film) and some other dog kits previously done. A friend of him had access to some ref pictures from another maquette (not sure which one) that proved very inspiring too...

I hope I could help 😊

Paints looking good in those pics , can’t wait for this beast, dream statue for me, I chased the SS version for years with a few close calls, the hunt is over now :)

2b6b9d455f8bbecdcbc993bdfa46d281.jpg

Think if it comes out looking as good as the prototype or even better, then it will be winner for sure.

Here’s a pic of the actual puppet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Prime1/CoolProps Dog Alien Maquette was finished by Abner Marin. He only had a 3d scan of the maquette owned by CoolProps. The scan was very rough so he had to make up most of the details. For this he used pictures from the film mainly (as they wanted it to be like the one in the film) and some other dog kits previously done. A friend of him had access to some ref pictures from another maquette (not sure which one) that proved very inspiring too...

I hope I could help ��

Ok,so they did use other kits as reference. Thanks for the clarification of what they were using for reference and aiming at. :wink1:

2b6b9d455f8bbecdcbc993bdfa46d281.jpg

Think if it comes out looking as good as the prototype or even better, then it will be winner for sure.

Here’s a pic of the actual puppet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The P1 is not a copy of the actual puppet,so it won't be accurate to what you see in that picture.The original design maquettes made by ADI are of the intended design before some modifications, done by Boss Film, that resulted in what you see as the actual puppet.

The paintwork on the P1 production pieces actually looks better than those various pictures at the shows,which should be a 'BIG' relief to those purchasing one.

Back