coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,the promo pics make it look better than what you see in the convention photos and videos.

Just got this email from Sideshow:

We wanted to let you know that the shipment of your Dog Alien Deluxe Maquette item will be delayed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in April - May 2019.

We apologize that this date has been modified but we look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives.

Mines paid for. So I want it now. Lol.

But a couple of more months won’t kill me I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are some of you paying for pieces in advance? I’ve only ever preordered pieces from Sideshow with them charging me when the piece ships. Do you just call them?

How are some of you paying for pieces in advance? I’ve only ever preordered pieces from Sideshow with them charging me when the piece ships. Do you just call them?

You get on the payment plan and then you call them up and make as many payments as you want, when you want in advance except for the last payment and shipping costs.

Mines paid off also, but I've spent an absolute fortune on my house this month. The more this is delayed, the more tempted I am to cancel it and put the money to better use. As beautiful as this is, I'm thinking more and more that it's something I could really do with seeing in hand before committing. Although I'm sure these delays are to ensure that P1 deliver a high end product.

I wonder if the delays are a result of the falling out between CoolProps and Prime1? Maybe Prime 1 had to wait to obtain rights or something to move forward with the piece? I really hope this comes out incredible because it will certainly be a large box to have to send back if it don’t. Lol!

. . . The more this is delayed, the more tempted I am to cancel it and put the money to better use . . .

Go with the Preds Matt (2 P2's and 2 P1's on the horizon remember) - them aliens are for the dogs . . .
09_-_Bolt.gif

Preds are further away than the Dog Alien and then there’s pushbacks.

Only thing that would make cancel this unless it was pushed back far enough that the Terminator 1/2 was released before it and I’d switch out the money on this to that piece.

But chances are that even the Terminator will be pushed back 6 months.

So, nothing is really on the horizon but this and the Coolprops pieces.

Oh, and there’s that HCG Alien Queen..

Go with the Preds Matt (2 P2's and 2 P1's on the horizon remember) - them aliens are for the dogs . . .
09_-_Bolt.gif

Well it is certainly in the back of my mind also that the P1, P2 and Big chap are on the way. And they are my three priority characters, although the Dog is probably fourth on my list. I'd buy them all in an ideal world, but realistically I'll have to be selective. This dog is beautiful no doubt, I may have to cancel for now simply to pay for home restorations (and an expensive car MOT failure that I wasn't expecting yesterday to boot... When it rains, it pours :lol) But I will re-order this down the line if I can afford to, and assuming the production pieces turn out as well as we all hope..

Looks like P1 corrected their product description. The description originally stated:

During the production of the 1992 movie “Alien 3”, filmmakers used costume suits and props of the Dog Alien character. CoolProps and Prime 1 Studio have developed the Dog Alien Maquette based on the mold of the puppet and 3D data from the movie.

Now it states that CP based the detail off a 1/3 scale maquette and then P1 "enchanced" (changed) it.

CoolProps developed this product based on 1:3 Maquette and Prime 1 Studio enhanced the 3D data

Back