coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received a notification from Sideshow saying the last flex payment has been changed for... May!
so no, it's not about to release...

** edit **
yes March sorry

Classic Sideshow, they want a bump in sales so they fake low quality or waitlist. It is so obvious when they do both versions at the same time.

Yeah, it’s crazy.

You’d think they figure people have already caught onto that by now.

I’m buying it cause it’s the ultimate Alien Statue for me. But sucks they practice those kinds of tactics on everything they sell.

I heard on the regular versions they do tend to sell out quickly because of all their overseas buyers.

But something tells me Sideshow is getting a certain amount of stock and then you’ll be able to pick this up on Prime1’s site. Weird way to business. Something we aren’t seeing, but it apparently works for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man! This is going to be one of those pieces that are untouchable once they’re in collectors hands! They will rarely be available on the second market for sure!

Very strange that both the EX and reg went to waitlist at the same time.... Clearly that is not a coincidence given the large ES on these. This has also never been offered for sale directly on Prime 1's website strangely. I wonder if Prime 1 has cut the run short?

I also received another delay email. My final flex payment is now due 03/05/19. I'm assuming that is in the American format which always throws the rest of us off for a moment, so March.

Are we sure that P1 is in charge of production, and not CoolProps?

It was confirmed some time ago. And Prime 1 recurrently stated that they want to make it right (or words to that description) So that suggests it is indeed them producing it.

I am a little concerned about seem lines tbh, but here's to hoping they get it right.

My last flex payment is still showing as Feb. 25, but I wouldn't be surprised to get an email with a date change due to a delay.

Does anyone think they cut the ES back on these?

I would be surprised...I don't think I have heard them doing that before. And this is likely a grail piece, so I'm sure they know that it will soon sell out for sure.

They have done it on two obscure pieces I own right now.

This being a more popular piece, might be a stretch to see them lower it.

Still think 1800 Total ES was too high. Even for its popularity. Should have been 500 and 800

Back