coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if this is also being sold through Japanese distributors? Though the edition size is what it is, that surely doesn’t mean that Sideshow got the entire run to sell on their own. It’s possible that Sidehsow’s allotment is about to dry up.

That's correct, why the **** the month is put before the day and year is so ****ing dumb I can't comprehend it.
Lol. In Canada we see so much of the American system. My parents generation use it a lot and we're effectively using both US and rest-of-the-world systems at all times. It's a big pain in the arse always having to inquire for the unit or frame of reference so we can convert.

"Welcome to my nightmare."

"It'll get there when it gets there."

Lol

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I would be surprised...I don't think I have heard them doing that before. And this is likely a grail piece, so I'm sure they know that it will soon sell out for sure.

They have definitely done it before on several occasions so lowering ES numbers isn't beneath them. It did always seem a bit too high for the price of entry on this guy. Although I guess CP need their cut also.

They have definitely done it before on several occasions so lowering ES numbers isn't beneath them. It did always seem a bit too high for the price of entry on this guy. Although I guess CP need their cut also.

IDK about the price being too high...by today's standards anyway. It;s 1:3 with a massive base. At current prices, it fit's right in there. Although prices over the past few years have really jumped up IMO. Now just about every ECC piece I order is going to be around 3k, and most pieces from other companies I buy are 1,500-2000 all day long. If there is something I like at 1K I am shocked. Sad really. I can't stay in this hobby for long like this.

It’s slightly over priced.

What really kills it is the ES. Spending that kind of money, you want the piece to have a low count and be really special.

I know there are guys who disagree with that, but I stand by it.

I know there’s more people collecting these days. IDK. Maybe that will even it out. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK about the price being too high...by today's standards anyway. It;s 1:3 with a massive base. At current prices, it fit's right in there.

You misunderstood my post. I wasn't saying it was overpriced, whether it is fair or not in the current market, $1600+ is a huge chunk of money to most people regardless. that combined with a fairly huge ES compared to the other companies you mentioned, both of which have gone to low quantity simultaneously is what is making me wonder if P1 have cut the run. It is of course possible that it is just Sideshow manipulating the numbers again, it's a common thing at this point.

You misunderstood my post. I wasn't saying it was overpriced, whether it is fair or not in the current market, $1600+ is a huge chunk of money to most people regardless. that combined with a fairly huge ES compared to the other companies you mentioned, both of which have gone to low quantity simultaneously is what is making me wonder if P1 have cut the run. It is of course possible that it is just Sideshow manipulating the numbers again, it's a common thing at this point.

I am still holding off on ordering, with that ES these have to be available later on, no chance they are close to being sold out already.

I don’t know... there is only 1,800 of them. People have waited on a quality Dog Alien forever!! (I know I have). While the edition size seems a bit high, I think it’s reasonable to believe that stock is most certainly dwindling beings it’s a P1 piece with ties to Cool Props. I’m sure with all the marketing from both companies, along with Sideshow there are plenty of buyers here in the U.S. and overseas.
But, time will tell. Let’s see if they hit “wait list” or “back in stock” next. Ha!

1800 is MASSIVE for a statue this price. Wait list does not mean sell out either, I've even seen on rare occasions stuff come back from "sold out", but I won't gamble that long.

Sideshow is definitely screwing with the Low quantity alert.

One thing though, can Prime1 change the ES when it’s finally released with it being a calab with Coolprops ?

Sideshow is definitely screwing with the Low quantity alert.

One thing though, can Prime1 change the ES when it’s finally released with it being a calab with Coolprops ?

I wouldn't think so once it's manufactured with the ES being printed on the boxes and bases.

I wouldn't think so once it's manufactured with the ES being printed on the boxes and bases.

No, I’m referring to just before it’s being numbered. They’ve done it before. Just this is a little different with another company involved.

Low quantity alert has been lifted on both Regular and deluxe. [emoji23][emoji23]

Of course it has.... :lol

The gits suckered me into ordering the deluxe over the weekend, should have known better really. :slap Noticed a few high end pieces had low stock on them since they updated their site but have now disappeared.
This beaut was always going to end up in the collection anyway, but was just holding out until production photos emerged.

The gits suckered me into ordering the deluxe over the weekend, should have known better really. :slap Noticed a few high end pieces had low stock on them since they updated their site but have now disappeared.
This beaut was always going to end up in the collection anyway, but was just holding out until production photos emerged.

Yeah, your gonna order anyway, it’s not a big deal. This piece should turn out to be a well done Alien piece.

Just sucks for those who have the option to choose when they want to order it on their time schedule, off something real and not based off of some false scarcity.

Last edited:
Personally, this is my grail. The Dog Alien is my favorite Alien design and I snatch up everything that is made of him. However, I didn't really get into collecting until 2008, high end items at least, and by then all the great Dog Alien pieces were astronomically high. I always said that the next maquette that came out I'd pre-order it immediately. That's what I did with this and so far I'm still excited by what I've read and seen. I hope it lives up to the standards from those first pics.

Back