Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

Here's to hoping that Sideshow does for the sixth scale Stormtrooper as they have done for the clones (501st/212th/Veteran/Shiny) and release a "Deluxe". Obviously with a few added goodies, whatever that may be, got the original but would love another

I recently got the old hasbro r2-d2 (detachable arms) which i love, its a great piece. In the post also the Speeder bike,itll need some easy repairs. Next to get is c-3po but now reading this thread i realy hope sideshow do one as hasbros is a bit basic, and the tamashi (is it?) is way too expensive

I hope they do a duo pack. Two stormtroopers. Each one with one weapon painted slightly different. As cheap as possible. ESB or ROTJ version.

Here's to hoping that Sideshow does for the sixth scale Stormtrooper as they have done for the clones (501st/212th/Veteran/Shiny) and release a "Deluxe". Obviously with a few added goodies, whatever that may be, got the original but would love another

You can take Battle Droids- Geonosis Commander, Battle Droids- Geonosis Infantry and phase 2 rex off the list, they go up for preorder soon. :)

Have this been ask before? That is SS will ever make the troopers from TOR?

I wouldn't mind an Obi-Wan in that red Mandalorian armour from season 5 of TCW.

A 3 1/4" collector buddy of mine said Derryl Depriest from Hasbro was quoted at NYTF 2014 saying that Disney told them that EU is dead, and not to make any more Clone Wars, or Prequels figures, and instead stick to "Rebels" and classic SW, also to start planning for Episode VII.

I wonder if Disney is having that same conversation with Sideshow.

Is 2014 going to be the last year of 1:6 Prequels/Clone Wars figures for the forseeable future?

Last edited:

That's an interesting rumor. Even though Sideshow's license is a sub of Hasbro's Master Toy License (like most others besides Lego), I wouldn't be too worried as their products cater to a different market. Hasbro is mass-market retail with high visibility and their investment and lump-sum payouts help to fund the films. Whereas Sideshow produces collectibles for a small market (by comparison) with very low public visibility. Maybe in the longer term they'll have to cut back on EU and other previous non-film material, but I wouldn't expect an all out stop to PT characters.

Also, unlike Sideshow, Hasbro has to compete fiercely for limited retail shelf space and they can't have too many peg-warmers reducing the space available for the new products that will help promote the new movies.

That's an interesting rumor. Even though Sideshow's license is a sub of Hasbro's Master Toy License (like most others besides Lego), I wouldn't be too worried as their products cater to a different market. Hasbro is mass-market retail with high visibility and their investment and lump-sum payouts help to fund the films. Whereas Sideshow produces collectibles for a small market (by comparison) with very low public visibility. Maybe in the longer term they'll have to cut back on EU and other previous non-film material, but I wouldn't expect an all out stop to PT characters.

Also, unlike Sideshow, Hasbro has to compete fiercely for limited retail shelf space and they can't have too many peg-warmers reducing the space available for the new products that will help promote the new movies.

All very good points :goodpost:

I do hope to see any OT stuff on the remaining list getting announced this year. Jawas.....

Has anyone heard any rumors or hints on the ESB Luke in x-wing/ snow speeder gear? I have bashed my own and love it but I am still very interested in this.

I would love to see Jawas and Death Squad/Star Trooper.

Still waiting to see
-X-Wing Luke SSC.
-DX Anakin Hot Toys.
-DX Han Hot Toys.

it should be relatively easy for Sideshow to do Jango. I'll bet after they release the ROTJ Boba they'll release Jango.

They might actually do Jango first. They've done two Boba's in a row, plus saving a money maker like Jedi Boba for a specific time is always a good idea.

With Comic con in 4 months do we kn ow what to look forward to as far as OT figures, or is it going to be more clones and battle droids with new colors.

Last year being mainly focused on OT, we might well be treated with more PT figures this year... Unless Disney had their say and asked Sideshow to focus on OT and ROTJ like they did with Hasbro.

Back