Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

My apologies if this has already been discussed but why has Hot Toys been so sluggish with this line? I was hoping that they'd be pumping out SW figures at the same rate as their Marvel and DC figures.

My apologies if this has already been discussed but why has Hot Toys been so sluggish with this line? I was hoping that they'd be pumping out SW figures at the same rate as their Marvel and DC figures.
:lol

Two words: Howard Chan.

Any word on the McQuarrie stuff Sideshow has in the works?

You can be almost guaranteed they'll show some of it between May 4th and SDCC.

so can anyone direct me to where sideshow has confirmed all of these figures and enviroments that they are working on? all of it sounds great but are they really confirmed?

The only thing "confirmed" by way of an announcement or preview, are the Hoth items coming out later this year, Han, Luke, Tauntaun and Probe Droid. Everything else, AFAIAC, is hearsay. Strangely enough, as the only 1/6 figures in what you can actually call a production state, they're not listed in the first post any more. ;)

Hey guys. I have a couple of Sideshow figures, so I'm still a bit of a noob. I'm looking to get the Luke Hoth 1/6th figure, and these might be some dumb questions but…

-- Is getting it directly from Sideshow the best and only place to purchase them?
-- Do they sell out before release/is preordering a must?

Thanks, guys. :)

No and not likely (except maybe the exclusive)

Do we know if Sideshow will be continuing to do a SDCC or Celebration exclusive figure? I for one would think Commander Colt would sell like hotcakes

I'm hoping the two that will be revealed on May 4th will be a scout trooper and speeder bike.

So far it looks like a new Boba Fett and Jango Fett. R2 video is up in the blog. Another Yoda, but that may be PF.

The only thing "confirmed" by way of an announcement or preview, are the Hoth items coming out later this year, Han, Luke, Tauntaun and Probe Droid. Everything else, AFAIAC, is hearsay. Strangely enough, as the only 1/6 figures in what you can actually call a production state, they're not listed in the first post any more. ;)

That's not accurate... all of the confirmed planned or in development are items that Sideshow publicy stated as being the case (primarily in their abandoned Q & A series). And I've placed them in the categories based on if the statement about a character or item that was "yes that's happening" or "yes, that is in development". What does that means for actual releases and when is anybodies guess; but all of those listed were specifically sited by a Sideshow rep at one time or another as I took the time to reconfirm them when I took over the list and have added and subtracted from it since.

Having said that we now see R2 is actually coming, so one great mystery is answered :lol

That's not accurate... all of the confirmed planned or in development are items that Sideshow publicy stated as being the case

Would you mind adding that bit of infer to the OP? And if there's still any record or those mentions by Sideshow, links would be great to include as well. I think it would possibly help people in searches and to keep on top of any developments/news.

I don't know if the Q&A is still up... I just did a quick search on Sideshow's main site and the experience page and didn't see links for it. Before they split the site it used to be in it's own section and went back pretty far.

But I can put in the post were the information was acquired, but like I said I did confirm all of them as being posted in the Q&A section, from interviews or panels before adding them to the list. Sadly Sideshow's been pretty tight-lipped about upcoming figures and not much as been added in the last 2 years although a number have been removed.

Keep in mind Episode VII figures will have to make their way into the mix and will possibly push back a few works in progress or put them on hold indefinitely.

Speaking of Scout troopers back there - what's the hold up with those?

You'd think they'd have tackled most of the various troopers by now - but the Biker Scout would sell like hot cakes.

Dumb SSC.

Calm down.

I said that in another thread recently. You have to wait.

Yeah sorry.. :lol

I forgot that Darth Hoo'dafaq, the clone-orama brigade, & Bubba Fett Mk.IV comes first. :monkey4

Speaking of Scout troopers back there - what's the hold up with those?

You'd think they'd have tackled most of the various troopers by now - but the Biker Scout would sell like hot cakes.

Dumb SSC.

Hard to say... maybe they're going to release a number of Endor themed figures and are just waiting for them to be out at around the same time. The Snowtrooper was our first taste of Hoth and now we've got 4 new Hoth figures in the pipeline.

Back