Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

Maybe because Hasbro has worldwide exclusive license and Sideshow doesn't have carte blanche to do precisely what they want whenever they want. Or maybe because their hands are already full and their sales doing very well with the products they already release. No sense in crowding the production pipeline and getting stuck with unsold inventory.

Sorry I didn't have any rainbow bubbles to blow your way today, but I really don't know what prompted that reply.

Oops, how could I forget that only other people are allowed to have opinions. It's already been painfully obvious that logic is frowned upon by a lot of people. Maybe it's all the smoke I inhaled the last time I visited the Hammer.

Hammer? You visited him?

mc-hammer.jpg

I don't remember ever giving anyone a hard time for their opinions on this board, nor saying they couldn't have one. It's the way you voice your opinions, oozing with condescension, that rubs me the wrong way. I like to come to this board to talk with other people who enjoy Star Wars, and Sideshow, like I do. It's usually fun to discuss and speculate with people here, but for whatever reason, you usually respond with know-it-all snark. As if I'm some kind of an idiot for asking a question or being curious about something.

You seem to know a lot about the industry and about Star Wars, I probably would enjoy talking with you more, I'm just not sure why I always seem to get these type of responses from you. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's all the smoke in Steeltown.

I'm also kind of confused as to why Sideshow isn't cranking out the relatively easy characters to do, like more aliens or Jedi. New heads and simple costumes for the most part. I'm not sure why they're holding back.

Couldn't agree more with this. They've churned out clone after clone. Most speculate it's inexpensive/easy (it's relative) to make, you sell them for the same as new, get good money, and that profit goes towards the tooling of the more odd stuff.

Tarkin is a head and a rank badge away, possibly an interrogation droid. Death Star Trooper is a helmet away. A slightly adjusted headband get us a Jedi Stormtrooper. Where are these guys? 90% of the uniform stuff is done. 2 are potential army builders if the price is right. They'd be perfect "fillers" during the lull between significant releases and again, I'm guessing the margin would be enough to justify them. I don't get it either.

Couldn't agree more with this. They've churned out clone after clone. Most speculate it's inexpensive/easy (it's relative) to make, you sell them for the same as new, get good money, and that profit goes towards the tooling of the more odd stuff.

Tarkin is a head and a rank badge away, possibly an interrogation droid. Death Star Trooper is a helmet away. A slightly adjusted headband get us a Jedi Stormtrooper. Where are these guys? 90% of the uniform stuff is done. 2 are potential army builders if the price is right. They'd be perfect "fillers" during the lull between significant releases and again, I'm guessing the margin would be enough to justify them. I don't get it either.

Yeah, this was pretty much all I was wondering. They could have relatively simple figures to fill in the gaps between the big complex characters/designs. Another imperial or a simple alien from the cantina or Jabba's palace. Maybe they have a lot on their plate behind the scenes like Pixel mentioned, but someone like Figrin D'ann or randmon Death Star Imperial can't take that much.

Maybe it's me.

In this case, yes, we agree. In all honesty, there was no malice nor snark in my original reply, I was just giving another viewpoint. Which is why I was pretty surprised you replied the way you did. I use a lot of smileys when time permits, but sometimes you just crash something quickly on the keyboard - the sentences were really plain and short, but they weren't supposed to be "short" tempered.

Anyway, the bottom line is really that no one knows why Sideshow does what they do - even talking to reps will never get the full story because no one is going to be allowed to talk about the back-room licensing deals with full disclosure. So we can all speculate all we want and go into wild fantasy, but we'll never get the satisfaction of knowing the whole (and real) picture.

In this case, yes, we agree. In all honesty, there was no malice nor snark in my original reply, I was just giving another viewpoint. Which is why I was pretty surprised you replied the way you did. I use a lot of smileys when time permits, but sometimes you just crash something quickly on the keyboard - the sentences were really plain and short, but they weren't supposed to be "short" tempered.

Then I apologize. Maybe I was too eager to read into snark from you. I really don't enjoy arguing in forums.

where is bandai R2D2?

where is bandai R2D2?

Not being released. Bandai/Tamashii don't have a Star Wars license and last rumor was that they don't want to work with Sideshow (their only access to said license).

Not being released. Bandai/Tamashii don't have a Star Wars license and last rumor was that they don't want to work with Sideshow (their only access to said license).

Having a middle man just to use the license will drive the cost higher.
I hope Ban Dai can secure there own.

Unfortunately they (Bandai/Tamashii) will never secure their own license. It's either a middle man or no deal, period.

Hasbro has worldwide exclusive license to all Star Wars toys until at least 2020 (and first option to extend as far as I'm aware) - everyone that wants to touch Star Wars toy merchandise has to go to Hasbro one way or the other. Sideshow is already there, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have a lock on the high-end collectible figure market. Everyone else doing this kind of thing seems to go through Sideshow.

Bandai should go to medicom.

This thread will act as a source for all confirmed Star Wars (planned or in production) 1/6 figures, environments and accessories by Sideshow.

Flosi and I will update the thread regularly, but please post new information and the source as we may not catch all news on our own.

Confirmed in Development:

1/6 Figures:
Battle Droids- Geonosis Commander
Battle Droids- Geonosis Infantry
Battle Droids- Pilot
Battle Droids- Super
C-3PO
Count Dooku
Darth Maul- Mechanical Legs
Darth Talon
IG-88- CW Variants
Jango Fett
Luke Skywalker- ESB (X-wing, Snowspeeder)- May be a combo of some or both
Han Solo- Echo Base
Mouse Droid
R2-D2
Scout Trooper

1/6 Environments/Related Product/Accessory:
Carbon Freeze Chamber
Star Destroyer Deck

Confirmed Planned:

1/6 Figures:
4-Lom
AT AT Driver
Admiral Ackbar
Anakin Skywalker- AOTC
Aurrora Sing
Bastila Shan
Chewbacca
Clone Trooper: Captain Rex Phase 2 Armor
Clone Trooper: Arc
Death Squad Commander
Dengar
Droideka
General Veers
Grand Moff Tarkin
Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX
Hot Toys Han Solo DX
Jawas
Princess Leia Organa - ESB
Max Rebo Band- Unaltered Trilogy
Rees Yees
Royal Guard- Emperor
Squid Face
TIE Pilot
Yak Face
Zuckuss

1/6 Environments/ Related Product/ Accessory:
Landspeeder
Speederbike

Confirmed Planned (unsure of format):

Clone Trooper- Gree CW version
Darth Nihilus
General Grievous- Pre Cyborg
Yoda

**There is also a related thread for non-1/6 items in the Star Wars sub-forum:
Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases Statues, PFs, Dios and Busts

1 year and list is bs.

Because expected things are expected and not delivered, I think.

He'd have a point if this wasn't a list of expectations.

Bandai should go to medicom.

even medicom has to go through sideshow why else are they carring them

I always considered medicom the preshow before hot toys or sideshow offers the grand finale

Prediction: SS WILL make a real-hair Chewbacca, but not before they do a 1/6 BANTHA. I think they would WANT to do a real-hair Chewy, and the bantha production process will be a way of creating / developing the hair system, on a much larger figure to start with. That level of realism is the next logical step.

Back