Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

Right, because we've all seen the real-hair Tauntaun that's coming out next year. ;)

I'm not sure they could ever sell enough Banthas to offset the development process. A real-fur Chewie on the other hand would be a terrific seller if it were done well.

Right, because we've all seen the real-hair Tauntaun that's coming out next year. ;)

I'm not sure they could ever sell enough Banthas to offset the development process. A real-fur Chewie on the other hand would be a terrific seller if it were done well.
Id buy a Bantha but i think that Landspeeder they said they were doing would sell better.

Before Bastilla they need to do Revan

As cool as they would be I dont think those two have a very good chance of every getting produced. Much as I hate to say it.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Darth Talon and Bastila Shan sound nice, would def get those.

I wouldn't get too excited... a lot of these were discussed 2 or 3 years ago and we haven't seen anything happen. But, Sideshow is unpredictable so we might get a run of EU stuff w/o any warning. But it does seem if a new game or series comes out that is popular enough we'll get product for it (Darth Malgus) in spades :lol

Does anyone have any hints or updates in regards to environments? I think the Star Destroyer Bridge & Freezing chamber were mentioned.

No news on the environments, at all, unfortunately. They don't tend to sell well, so not sure why Sideshow would be interested, at this point. Yoda's Hut, the Cantina and the Dewback are all still in stock and giftcard eligible.

I wish they'd release the DS II background featured in most of DX Vader promo pics. It would make a great companion piece to the Emperor's throne and give even more depth to any Emperor/vader/Luke ROTJ diorama.

Thanks for the update InVictus.
Tee-Kay I totally agree with you. That would be amazing.
If sideshow would put out a sand trooper for me I would be happy to buy the dew back. unfortunately a dew back by himself is not a seller. I started this habit too late and missed the sand troopers.:gah:

Why Sideshow allowed the Deluxe Sandtrooper to sell out before the Dewback will always be a mystery to me.

I think they could make another five to ten thousand troopers and they'd still sell out before the rest of the Dewback stock. ;)

That said, I have two sandies and the Dewback is near the top of my wanted list. Very close to pulling the trigger on some savings with reward points actually.

It's a pretty good deal, at the moment. I've got two $25.00 giftcards and with it already being discounted to $275.00, could get it shipped for $265.00 total. It's tempting but I don't want to buy second-hand Sandtroopers and space might be in an issue. I don't just want to cram it in, somewhere. A display like that really needs some room to breathe.

Too bad you can't combine multiple different type of discounts. ;) Reward Points is the only thing I have right now, not including the monthly coupon codes. I was hoping to get this guy for no more than $220 shipped - I've missed a few eBay auctions for less than that in fact. I also keep an eye here in the for sale section because I'd rather help out a member instead of buying new if possible. So for a little while longer I'll keep an eye on any stock warnings and hold off on the order. Maybe I'll nab some additional RP soon or be the recipient of a few gift cards (which I'm understanding you can stack up from your response).

I just bought a marmit sandtrooper on line can`t wait to add the 4th sandi to my ranks

...Maybe I'll nab some additional RP soon or be the recipient of a few gift cards (which I'm understanding you can stack up from your response).
Yep, they'll allow you to stack $25.00 gift cards up to $50.00.

Sounds like a plan for a future order. If I can get my hands on any gift cards.

You're in an interesting situation as a Canadian customer but having Sideshow send to a US address. Since I have them shipped directly here, I get a $25.00 international customer coupon with every shipment, which I can stack-up to $50.00. In your case, it wouldn't be worth having them sent direct and getting the giftcard since regular shipping to Canada is $30.00 (plus duty). Hopefully you'll be able to score gift cards through some other means, though, and get the best of both worlds.

Back