Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

Man I'd really love it if they did other characters besides Malgus from the Old Republic. I can't stop watching the Return trailer with Kao Cen Darach. I'm thinking of repainting my Sideshow Maul into him lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I am looking forward to side show's release of them. im on the fence of the medico ones because I felt the speakers should be even more discrete. like the bottom of the R2 unit and maybe the power panel in the back of cp30 because no one is going to look for them or at them in those places. plus r2 should come with serving tray,panel for lightsaber and mabe make him remote control or bater operated movement. that would make for an awesome R2

as for C3PO he should have removable libs and pouch for Chewbacca to carry him in with extra parts that have the stuff hanging out of him. and the communicator piece he had to communicate with luke. those are things that would set them apart from medico. plus the scale.

So what does everyone think is coming down the pike next? It feels like the list on page one has been the same forever, has the Star Wars line slowed down or does it just seem that way?

I honestly feel, that after Vader, the next release should be a new Stormtrooper. Yea, the Hoth line will sell. But having a new Stormtrooper will give us the ability to army build for our new Vader. It only makes sence. Sideshow would bank. I know I would buy at least 2 maybe 4.

I also want to know whats going on with this Max Rebo band set.

They could easily justify a new stormtrooper by making the Return of the Jedi version.

Well get a scout before a new Stormie

I'm okay with either. I am also okay with an AT-AT driver or TIE pilot or Snow Trooper Commander or General Veers or Tarkin.. lol Pick one! Hell, pick two!

Last edited:

ESB is on Spike right now, I'm definatly wanting a Wampa!

So what does everyone think is coming down the pike next? It feels like the list on page one has been the same forever, has the Star Wars line slowed down or does it just seem that way?

Sideshow has been very quiet regarding teases over the last year or so... we had this flood of information at the 2012 SDCC and constant updates and teases before that... but since then very little has been leaked :huh

ESB is on Spike right now, I'm definatly wanting a Wampa!

A wampa is as unlikely as Chewie for the same reason.

So do you believe Sideshow will never actually release a Chewie?

So do you believe Sideshow will never actually release a Chewie?

They went on record saying General Grievous would never happen and guess how that turned out :lol So I don't doubt Chewie could come at some point, but not any time soon. And they will either milk it dry when they do or go all out. And by that I mean we could get a RotS, ANH, ESB, and RotJ versions or an all-in-one version what would include his different hairstyles, C-3po backpack, and whatever else would be needed for a definitive one-shot Chewie figure.

They better or you might as well buy Hasbro's junk.

They are in the "parking lot" somewhere. I have no doubt they'll show up eventually. First two are slight retools of already released figures and Dooku not even a challenge with so many Jedi already done.

Do you believe they'll pull off a real hair figure?

With the PF being sculpted, I'd be surprised if we saw a 1/6 with Fur. I could be wrong (and hope I am) but I think everyone's best bet for a 1/6 Chewie is to go the custom route.

if it is fur it will be a fur suit on probably a slim body maybe skinnier than they ever made before.

I was debating whether or not to go the custom route. I just didnt want to go through all the headaches and them have them announce one.

I'm also kind of confused as to why Sideshow isn't cranking out the relatively easy characters to do, like more aliens or Jedi. New heads and simple costumes for the most part. I'm not sure why they're holding back.

Back