Confession: I actually like the Mighty Muggs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to getting Ackbar more than just about any of them. I have him in my pile of loot at BBTS. How does he look?

Love Ackbar. He's turned out to be one of my favorites. The MM style just goes perfectly with the character.

Nice collection. Who's that at the bottom row, 2nd from right?

Here's my latest group shots (these f@!#ers are WAY TOO ADDICTING !

Group1157.jpg

Saw this rumored list on the Mighty Muggs Lounge Web Site. If this is true, I'll be buying a lot of new Muggs in 09.

- Wicket (comes with spear)
- Wampa (comes with a bone with some meat on it + his arm comes off!)
- Qui-Gon Jinn
- Alec Guiness Obi-Wan
- Gammorian Guard (comes with Axe - he also has nice drool detailing!)
- Bossk
- Biggs Darklighter (in orange X-wing pilot gear)
- SnowTrooper

Is that the V2 Vader in the picture? Just placed my order in for V2 Vader and Captain Rex from HTS. Thanks for the heads up cerealkeller. BTW nice collection.

Yeah that's V2. I like V2 a lot more than V1. Can't wait to see MM Qui-Gon. Such a distinctive face and judging from Dooku and Tarkin, distinctive faces work really well with these.

have havnt seen anything new mugg wise and its kinda sad but good. Sad that around here they are pretty much dead and its gonna be awhile befoer I get certain ones. Good because that is money saved.

Target and Shop Ko are the only ones stocking new ones. Toys R Us has like 20 Lukes and Obi-Wans, which concerns me as I can't wait for TRU exclusive Punisher.

Stopped by Forbidden Planet in NYC the other day and they have all the newer ones in stock. not my cup of tea though.

I had seen a couple of the wave 6 Muggs in stores, but they were always missing some and I had all 4 on order at BBTS, so I didn't get any. But today I found the complete wave at Target, so I got them and canceled my BBTS order (worked out to be slightly cheaper, even with tax).

They're all nice. I was unsure about Vader at first, since I already have the first one and he didn't look very good in the package. The main problem is that they display him with his unmasked head but with the helmet on, which looks odd. You rotate his head to alternate between masked and unmasked heads. But it was the removable hand (like Bespin Luke's) that sold me, and I'm really glad I got him. He's actually a totally different and better design from the first Vader.

sw_muggs_wave6_2.jpg

sw_muggs_wave6_5.jpg

sw_muggs_wave6_7.jpg

Tarkin is also great.

sw_muggs_wave6_1.jpg

Plo Koon is good, but not exceptional. I do like Han pretty well though. I really want to see some more minor characters like Greedo and the like.

sw_muggs_wave6_3.jpg

sw_muggs_wave6_4.jpg

I found the shirtless Maul and the Darth Revan Muggs a bit ago at Walmart. They're both quite nice. By the way, I just found out about the next wave, which includes Bossk, Biggs, Teebo, and the Snowtrooper. The Shock Trooper is a Target exclusive. I think they all look awesome.

10012009093.jpg

Apparently there are Ben Kenobi, Gamorrean Guard, and Wicket Muggs in the works as well:

1_954244959l.jpg

1_377392797l.jpg

I actually like them too. I don't own any and I make it a point not too because I know they'll end up costing me a lot of money.

Back