Confession: I actually like the Mighty Muggs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like them as well but no enough to follow a whole line....I have the Luke ANH that my wife bought me and am looking for a Boba Fett around the $9.99 retail price definitely picking up the Cody in wave 3. I plan to get Indy, Hulk and a few other Marvels, they look funny on my desk and the students seem to like them.

I was at target a few days ago and I ended up picking up the han solo one, ten bucks seems a bit steep for these little blobs of plastic...but I love it! haha I have him standing on my window sill and he just looks so funny :lol

They remind me a bit of Kid Robots' DIY Munnys which I love....I plan to turn one Munny into a Star Wars character its just I think they look better faceless so I gotta figure out how to do that as well

Lame. It's sometimes sad seeing what people waste money on.

Just because you think this is constitutes as people "wasting their money on something lame" doesn't mean your right, their wrong.

These are awesome, they are small, affordable, and very cool looking. I love the stylized look of all my characters, and they follow in the same line as vinyl japanese designer figures. They are too cool for school.:chew

Here's my philosophy. Always buy what you need, but take a while before buying things that you want. It's usually after a short amount of time that you realize the stuff you want is something you can completely live without.

I like the VCD stuff or HT Cosbabies better than this.

I like the VCD stuff or HT Cosbabies better than this.

I also like the VCD stuff better but it costs six times as much, so I don't think they're comparable. I like the cosbabies better as well, but of course they don't have a Star Wars cosbaby line. The better comparison would be the Chubbies. I would take those over the Mighty Muggs if I had to choose. But luckily I don't have to choose. I have all the Star Wars Mighty Muggs and I do like them pretty well. And the fact that they are available at places like Toys R Us or Target is nice. The only thing is that they're fairly large and not very posable at all, so you are limited in your display options.

Here's my philosophy. Always buy what you need, but take a while before buying things that you want. It's usually after a short amount of time that you realize the stuff you want is something you can completely live without.

Speak for yourself, fool. Your needs aren't parallel to ours. Well, food, clothing, and shelter are one type of necessity that most, if not all of us share, but on a forum about toys and collectibles, who are you to say the things that people need are wastes of money unless they are the same as yours?

Your philosophy stands firm, but your assumption of what we "need" and "want" is kind of ignorant and dumb.

You know what? Why don't you tell me what you collect and then allow me the pleasure of telling you that it's a waste of money. Then I'll be just like you.

Last edited:
I also like the VCD stuff better but it costs six times as much, so I don't think they're comparable. I like the cosbabies better as well, but of course they don't have a Star Wars cosbaby line. The better comparison would be the Chubbies. I would take those over the Mighty Muggs if I had to choose. But luckily I don't have to choose. I have all the Star Wars Mighty Muggs and I do like them pretty well. And the fact that they are available at places like Toys R Us or Target is nice. The only thing is that they're fairly large and not very posable at all, so you are limited in your display options.

Why isnt it comparable? They all fit into deformed representations. If you have them fine, great, awesome. But that doesnt change that I rather have VCDs or Cosbabies even though I dont have any of those either.

IMO I wouldnt spend a cent on these as they don't fit in what I collect. Doesnt matter how cheap they are.

Yeah I don't dig 'em... happy for those that do. But to me they are very urban vinyl-light. Basically cashing in on a style thats becoming more and more commercial.

Why isnt it comparable? They all fit into deformed representations. If you have them fine, great, awesome. But that doesnt change that I rather have VCDs or Cosbabies even though I dont have any of those either.

You don't take price into account when making comparisons? It's like someone saying "I prefer the Attakus 4" Stormtrooper to the Hasbro version." To me, they're not comparable because the Attakus figure costs about 15 times as much.

And the funny thing, I actually prefer the Hasbro one in that scenario. Very poseable and kinda looks better :D

Not much into cute collectibles.

More of a prop and "that's kick a** looking" collectibles.

I like the Muggs, they're fun. VCD's are the best IMO, but weird representations of Star Wars characters are always welcome for me. Muggs, VCD's, Chubbys (hee hee), Kubricks, Galactic Heroes and anything else I'm missing. All good stuff.

I only have the Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett and Chewie Muggs and that's all I'll want/need except Lando coming up.

Things being literal all the time bores me to tears, of course a few rule, but a whole collection of literal translations of the same characters? Boring.

Yeah I don't dig 'em... happy for those that do. But to me they are very urban vinyl-light. Basically cashing in on a style thats becoming more and more commercial.

That's true, but I don't care about "Urban Vinyl" , I collect more Japanese monster vinyl, so since I put myself outside of all that I kinda don't care, good point though.

Good advice. Still want to see whats in your collection though.

TheVCDs are preety sweet, except for that huge, upcoming Vader.

Back