Confession: I actually like the Mighty Muggs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up Stormie, Han and Chewie today and ordered 3 blank white and one black from Hasbro.com. Feel like I found a new drug!

arrrggg that happened to me arr!!!

DSC03861.jpg

Here's something odd I noticed: the very first wave of Mighty Muggs (Star Wars) had more of a "traditional" designer/vinyl figure construction, at least in some parts. The heads on my Vader and Boba are made of a vinyl material (not unlike similar toys from Kid Robot), while the bodies are light plastic. Recently, I picked up Asajj, Captain Rex and Chewbacca (rerelease), and was surprised to note that any traces of "vinyl" in these "vinyl figures" has now been completely replaced by thin/light plastic. I'd be interested to compare my original figures with the rereleases. Does anyone have one of the newer Vaders or Bobas with plastic heads? It doesn't really bother me, but it does take away some of that "urban vinyl" feel, if that's your thing. I just like cool looking stuff, but I wonder why they stopped using the vinyl. Cost, maybe?

I love the packaging for these little guys. I only have the Lando from the Star Wars line and Mola Ram from Indy. My two favorites so far.

Back