Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.. Hopefully they will take care of you. I got an email on Tuesday stating they were going to send me a replacement skeleton. Good luck!
The breakages on this piece are bad news. Sorry to hear your mace was broken EX. Most of the breaks have been the skeletal warrior's neck.

I placed some small earth magnets on the two hands and solved that issue. I hope SS sends you a replacement mace as the statue is very nice.

Cheers to you both.

My statue's skeleton has a small stress fracture on the neck, also. You can't see it on display, but it is slightly worrying. Wait and see what Sideshow have to say, I guess...

This has me worried. I got a deal back when they said my EX WL was never going to convert (converted 4 times) for 10% off and free shipping. Well, I am someplace that is only served by USPS and figured that my deal was better than full price on the EX (Especially as the shipping quote was $165). Well, SS contacted me and told me that they can't ship to my address (suprise) because the package is too large (I think they just balked at the price). I mean, from the youtube videos it looks to be about the size of Hawkeyes box. I think it is a b.s. excuse. But anyway, I dont expect to be at my current location more than a few months more anyway, so thought, fine, ship it to my Dad, he has some of my stuff anyway, but now I am risking having it sit around for several months without being able to inspect it. S.O.A.B.!

^ I'm not saying that's NOT SOAB, but the box is big. 29"Hx24.5"Wx16"D. I think that's bigger than Sups.

Just opened mine........... Unfortunately, the undead skeleton warrior neck/skull is broken from his body, sadly not at the hands of the Cimmerian.
Now starts the painfully slow process of returns. Ugh.

And I can't find his Atlantean sword, which is unusual... Not sure if I've ever encountered that before, missing parts.

Just opened mine........... Unfortunately, the undead skeleton warrior neck/skull is broken from his body, sadly not at the hands of the Cimmerian.
Now starts the painfully slow process of returns. Ugh.

Damn another broken neck. Sorry to hear that skillet. SS did say they have replacements being made so it's just a matter of time.
What a poor decision not to have that skeleton head/neck separate with a peg and magnet. Hopefully the replacements being made will come with the head/neck separate with a peg. Apparently I'm very lucky to have mine arrive intact.

And I can't find his Atlantean sword, which is unusual... Not sure if I've ever encountered that before, missing parts.

Somehow they sent you a regular. :slap

Damn another broken neck. Sorry to hear that skillet. SS did say they have replacements being made so it's just a matter of time.
What a poor decision not to have that skeleton head/neck separate with a peg and magnet. Hopefully the replacements being made will come with the head/neck separate with a peg. Apparently I'm very lucky to have mine arrive intact.

Somehow they sent you a regular. :slap

The box and base (159/200) is EX. Just don't have the item. :mad:

Well, I didn't get offered a replacement for my broken mace, or any useful assistance with any of my other issues, just got some doubletalk, and the offer of a small token gesture credit refund. Which, as I hardly buy anything from Sideshow these days (gee, I wonder why?) will just sit in my account until God knows when... :(

Seeing as how I can probably fix most of the main issues myself, with a bit of careful work (not that I should have to at these prices!), I'll take their offer, rather than miss out on this piece completely and send it back/destroy it, which seems my only other available choice. Just have to hope that I can fix the mace, as that was going to be my favoured display option.

I received and inspected my Conan( #68/200) and nothing broken and everything looks great except the dagger wich is bent like hell. IMG_2765.jpgIMG_2764.jpg

Same here, bent dagger. Mine (059/200) arrived safe and sound, all parts were luckily in tact. With some careful pressure I was able to straighten out the dagger to an acceptable degree. Sorry to hear so many of them are arriving with issues :( It's a shame because it really is an impressive PF.

Well, I didn't get offered a replacement for my broken mace, or any useful assistance with any of my other issues, just got some doubletalk, and the offer of a small token gesture credit refund. Which, as I hardly buy anything from Sideshow these days (gee, I wonder why?) will just sit in my account until God knows when... :(

Seeing as how I can probably fix most of the main issues myself, with a bit of careful work (not that I should have to at these prices!), I'll take their offer, rather than miss out on this piece completely and send it back/destroy it, which seems my only other available choice. Just have to hope that I can fix the mace, as that was going to be my favoured display option.

I would push back and demand.
They probably can't get you an EX but that's ******** to not offer a replacement on broken parts!

With Sideshow's prices going up 50% in 4 years, the aussie dollar dropping 30% in 3 years and Sideshow's ****** replacement policy of late I can see where my collecting days are headed...

So how is this piece? Was kinda hoping it could be my definitive 1/4 Conan but still not convinced.

The pose and somewhat cartoony feel of the piece is what threw me off. It seems this piece is also suffering from some QC issues so make sure to look it over very well if you pick one up. I don't think there is a definitive Conan statue in 1/4 scale yet. Nothing I've seen so far has me screaming that's the ONE. Unlike Red Sonja (the latest PF is an absolute masterpiece and one I consider definitive), a definitive 1/4 scale Conan has yet to be released as far as I'm concerned. This Conan is a pretty good looking PF. It's dynamic and has a ton of details packed into it. However, I'm going to wait and see if we're going to see another 1/4 Conan from SSC (or another company) that just strikes me down like Red Sonja does. Maybe we'll see Will work on the next Conan. He'd be the perfect choice to possibly make a companion piece Conan to his stellar Sonja.

So how is this piece? Was kinda hoping it could be my definitive 1/4 Conan but still not convinced.

Take a look at prototypy's pics and if you are still not convinced after that,their is is something wrong you! Mine is perfect and is the quintessential Conan!!

I'd say it's the quintessential Conan for me. I certainly wouldn't say there is QC problems filip. I've seen a few breaks from shipping which happens and a few of the weapons need to be straightened using a hair dryer, but that's about it. Paint wise, sculpt wise, he's brilliant. Can't wait to finally have mine in hand.

The pose and somewhat cartoony feel of the piece is what threw me off. It seems this piece is also suffering from some QC issues so make sure to look it over very well if you pick one up. I don't think there is a definitive Conan statue in 1/4 scale yet. Nothing I've seen so far has me screaming that's the ONE. Unlike Red Sonja (the latest PF is an absolute masterpiece and one I consider definitive), a definitive 1/4 scale Conan has yet to be released as far as I'm concerned. This Conan is a pretty good looking PF. It's dynamic and has a ton of details packed into it. However, I'm going to wait and see if we're going to see another 1/4 Conan from SSC (or another company) that just strikes me down like Red Sonja does. Maybe we'll see Will work on the next Conan. He'd be the perfect choice to possibly make a companion piece Conan to his stellar Sonja.

I wouldn't call this one cartoony, I'd say its one of the more realistic Conan statues relative to others. (the face sculpt especially)
I don't think they'll ever be a definitive Conan as there are too many variations of books, comics and movies .... each of us will have the statue we feels sits closest to our view of Conan.

Personally this one actually looks exactly how I picture him whilst reading Robert Howard, more so than Frazetta's famous paintings ...but others will disagree.

I wouldn't call this one cartoony, I'd say its one of the more realistic Conan statues relative to others. (the face sculpt especially)
I don't think they'll ever be a definitive Conan as there are too many variations of books, comics and movies .... each of us will have the statue we feels sits closest to our view of Conan.

Personally this one actually looks exactly how I picture him whilst reading Robert Howard, more so than Frazetta's famous paintings ...but others will disagree.

I agree that we all have our own ideas as to the Conan we like best. As I've said before, I do think this is a good looking PF. It has a lot going for it. The best way I can describe how I feel about the statue is to bring Red Sonja in as an example. When the 1st PF was released I thought...damn, that's a pretty cool looking RS. She looks great. I like the character and Tony C did a fantastic job with the sculpt. However, there wasn't a 1/4 Conan I liked and I always wanted to pair up a 1/4 Conan with a 1/4 Sonja and call it a day. Ultimately, because I couldn't find a Conan I liked I passed on the 1st Sonja PF even though I liked it. Then along comes this 2nd Sonja PF by Will. I'm completely blown away by it. So much so, that I have no doubt (price permitting) I want her in my collection. I know this is THE Sonja for me. I have yet to feel that strongly about any 1/4 Conan statue. Hopefully, SSC continues to make a few more Conan PFs. I'll know right away when I see one that I truly want in my collection.

Back