Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I forgot that this was 2 years old. Just got on the EX-waitlist, but guess I'll change it to the regular. I guess the train for the ex left the station long time ago :/

CROM!! Nice collection you got going there wolf, like that snow giant statue a lot too.

Thanks P C E.

Barbarian and Snow Giants are very special with the Paul Moore paintups. They will always be my favorites as I grew up with the Frazetta illustrations being my vision of the Cimmerian and Paul matches the paintings like no one else.

I finally got a chance to open mine. Really dynamic pose, the statue looks great. Mine unfortunately is broken. The piece where my skeletons head is supposed to attach is broken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 245
I finally got a chance to open mine. Really dynamic pose, the statue looks great. Mine unfortunately is broken. The piece where my skeletons head is supposed to attach is broken.

Sorry to hear that. It seems that quite a few have had theirs arrive with this part broken. They probably should have made the skeleton head and neck a separate piece. Hopefully SS will sort it out for you.

The weapons are a nice change of pace from sword and axe. The kilt and belt are outstanding also. It really looks good up on a high shelf. Love this rendition of Conan. :yess:

Just realized that due to the long lead time, currency fluctuations and the sudden insane shipping cost,
I can actually get this for over $150 cheaper from a local retailer (Melbourne, Oz) than if I ordered directly from Sideshow ...and that's counting eating the NRD !! (otherwise it would have been $200 cheaper!!!) ...bizzaro world pricing....

Just pulled the trigger on the regular edition, don't need the sword.

I still have my eyes on the upcoming 1/3 PCS Arnie but this is the definitive Robert Howard Conan for me.

It's a very nice piece, or at least it would be if mine wasn't full of issues. The magnet strength on both the sword and scythe hand is so weak that they literally threaten to fall out of the arms, there's paint missing on both Conan and the skeleton warrior, and my mace arrived broken, just to top it all off.

If you get a perfect one this is a great piece, sadly though mine is far from perfect. Which after waiting for two years is more than a little disappointing.

That said, the paint that is there is clean and well applied, so at least there's that.

It's a very nice piece, or at least it would be if mine wasn't full of issues. The magnet strength on both the sword and scythe hand is so weak that they literally threaten to fall out of the arms, there's paint missing on both Conan and the skeleton warrior, and my mace arrived broken, just to top it all off.

If you get a perfect one this is a great piece, sadly though mine is far from perfect. Which after waiting for two years is more than a little disappointing.

That said, the paint that is there is clean and well applied, so at least there's that.

Was SS able to resolve any of your issues? Yes, after a 2 year wait that's pretty frustrating.

Last edited:

Thats not good!
Was it an EX directly from Sideshow?

Yeah, it was the ex, and no, haven't heard anything back yet...but I wanted to take photos first, so I've only recently contacted them.

See what happens, though I'm not terribly optimistic given the we edition size.

The breakages on this piece are bad news. Sorry to hear your mace was broken EX. Most of the breaks have been the skeletal warrior's neck.

I placed some small earth magnets on the two hands and solved that issue. I hope SS sends you a replacement mace as the statue is very nice.

Sorry to hear that. It seems that quite a few have had theirs arrive with this part broken. They probably should have made the skeleton head and neck a separate piece. Hopefully SS will sort it out for you.

The weapons are a nice change of pace from sword and axe. The kilt and belt are outstanding also. It really looks good up on a high shelf. Love this rendition of Conan. :yess:

Thanks for the concern. Your right about this piece though, it really does look excellent, especially with a little height. Side show did respond to my email about my broken piece, and they are send me a new one. Sideshow also sent me instructions on destroying the one that I have. That ought to be fun.

Yeah, it was the ex, and no, haven't heard anything back yet...but I wanted to take photos first, so I've only recently contacted them.

See what happens, though I'm not terribly optimistic given the we edition size.

Well.. Hopefully they will take care of you. I got an email on Tuesday stating they were going to send me a replacement skeleton. Good luck!

Just realized that due to the long lead time, currency fluctuations and the sudden insane shipping cost,
I can actually get this for over $150 cheaper from a local retailer (Melbourne, Oz) than if I ordered directly from Sideshow ...and that's counting eating the NRD !! (otherwise it would have been $200 cheaper!!!) ...bizzaro world pricing....
Just pulled the trigger on the regular edition, don't need the sword.

I still have my eyes on the upcoming 1/3 PCS Arnie but this is the definitive Robert Howard Conan for me.

WOOO!
Sideshow also just agreed to refund my NRD so I'm now essentially saving over A$220 by buying this locally. Crazy.

Back