Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's the consensus on which is more popular:

This or the 'Beast' dio?

I kind of like the 'Beast' dio better, but this is nice as well.

This or the 'Beast' dio?

To me it has to be 'Rage' PF.. 'Beast' is an awesome statue that I also ordered, but as many have said its a hard piece to display with Conan hanging off the apes back.. 'Rage' is an wonderful sculpt. Looks as if they freeze framed Conan in motion as the stones crumble at his feet and the skulls tumble. Cant go wrong with either one! Cant wait to display them together! :bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc

Both are great but if I had to chose a winner it would be Rage PF.

Only because I love the attention to detail on the musculature of Conan...crap makes me want to go work out :slap

If this turn out well, it'll be the Conan (stand alone) statue to beat.
The FofTB is a diorama, so the ape, love or hate it, is part of the piece.
Not exactly the same to me as the PF. Both Conan just different.

Arnie PF still looks great tho.

Rage gets my vote. Passed on the dio and ARH version. If it comes out close to the promo people that missed out on the ex are going to pay big bucks to get him

Rage gets my vote. Passed on the dio and ARH version. If it comes out close to the promo people that missed out on the ex are going to pay big bucks to get him

I guess the regular is good too,the EX is just a Switch-Out right arm wielding Conan's Atlantean sword.

No COH,just like the new comics PF HellBoy.

Conan is a literary character so everyone has their own interpretation.

The way he is sculpted in both Prize and The Beast isn't how Conan looks in my mind ...he looks too handsome and movie star rugged good looks in my opinion there.

Rage is pretty much picture perfect in how I picture Howard's Conan and I love the fact that a) he looks a bit older since many Conan statues concentrate on him being young b) his dress and equipment aren't the standard fur underwear and sword/axe, since Howard's Conan dressed and used weaponry from wherever he happened to be.

Its my ultimate Conan piece.

Conan is a literary character so everyone has their own interpretation.

The way he is sculpted in both Prize and The Beast isn't how Conan looks in my mind ...he looks too handsome and movie star rugged good looks in my opinion there.

Rage is pretty much picture perfect in how I picture Howard's Conan and I love the fact that a) he looks a bit older since many Conan statues concentrate on him being young b) his dress and equipment aren't the standard fur underwear and sword/axe, since Howard's Conan dressed and used weaponry from wherever he happened to be.

Its my ultimate Conan piece.

Yah, his kilt looks good with the extra gear. When the mixed media really works on a PF it's great. Got hot hopes for this one, has lots of potential to be something really special.

Spoken like a true prophet :lecture

High-Five-Fist-Bump-GIF.gif

I guess the regular is good too,the EX is just a Switch-Out right arm wielding Conan's Atlantean sword.

No COH,just like the new comics PF HellBoy.

I feel you and agree but you know how it is man. Ex is Ex and when there's only 200 of them someone will pay the bill to have one

This or the 'Beast' dio?

I'll have to wait until both are in hand to make that determination but I am leaning to Rage. The dio is awesome but I think it would have been just as awesome with the Ape half that size. It's too much Ape.

Also, to add:

I think when standing next to each other and seeing the scale comparison some peoples opinion may change.

Yes 'the ape is huge!' considering its 1/5 scale but 1/4 Conan on his base is going to look much more imposing I think even though they are similar size overall (...and he's going to dwarf the much smaller 1/5 Conan hanging off the ape)

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky, but Crom is your god. Crom, and he lives in the earth. Once giants lived in the earth, Conan, and in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered, and the earth shook, and fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters. But in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield, and we who found it. We are just men, not gods, not giants, just men. And the secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan, you must learn its discipline, for no one, no one in this world can you trust, not men, not women, not beasts... This you can trust.

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky, but Crom is your god. Crom, and he lives in the earth. Once giants lived in the earth, Conan, and in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered, and the earth shook, and fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters. But in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield, and we who found it. We are just men, not gods, not giants, just men. And the secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan, you must learn its discipline, for no one, no one in this world can you trust, not men, not women, not beasts... This you can trust.

Um.. So cool! :yess:

+1

:mwaha

+2 :viking

8 months to go haha. Has a statue ever been released before the shipping date? If not I say this should be the first :rock:google

Back