Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that mentality I wonder why you would buy this statue from SS? ^^^

With that mentality I wonder why you would buy this statue from SS? ^^^
It is a fair question.
I pre-ordered this near 2 years ago including paying NRD.
In that time I have seen nothing improve in Sideshow while prices have progressively increased (and in the FY15/16 offerings, prices are increasing dramatically)
I see time and again people posting that Sideshow are turning over a new leaf and will be improving ....only to then see rage threads as product after product is either screwed up or slap dash upon release.

And whenever something is delayed, the same theory is posted over and over again - that it must be because Sideshow have decided to really concentrate on quality this time and are taking their time with production - and it NEVER turns out to be the case. It never has and it never will be.
Sideshow delay products due to the massive range they produce and the need to adjust schedules in their factories.

Why am i still getting this?
Well, a little because I payed the NRD but I still have hope it will fall into the 'acceptable range' and that the skin tone won't be one single lump of orange. Despite what I posted above, I'm not that hard to please and don't expect companies to match prototype pics.

But unless in hand they really surprise me with something awesome, this will likely be my final premium format statue from Sideshow.
They are not worth the hassle IMO.

I gotta agree with most of what you wrote, we shall have to wait and see what this statue will look like in a few months...

Same as above, plus I'm international. Can't just ask my retailer to cancel it and give me back my $70 NRD.
I must say that this is EASILY the best Conan sculpt I've ever seen in statue form, perfectly captures my idea of Conan that I got from reading Howard's books.
I love the sculpt, the anatomy, the pose, the mixed media, the detailed base, the sheer size... and considering how much prices have hiked in the last year, at 460$ it looks like a hell of a bargain.
This is the piece that if Sideshow ends up screwing royally, I'll be cutting throats.

All those ships that got stuck waiting to offload, they probably need a few of those to actually come back to China.

You say?
I thought the ships have been allowed to drop the goods during the whole strike, just that the workers refused to sort them.

You say?
I thought the ships have been allowed to drop the goods during the whole strike, just that the workers refused to sort them.

I had read that there were several waiting to dock, but that was a couple of weeks ago, so no real idea what the current situation is, or how long extra they are/were having to spend. Who knows if this caused them to pump the brakes on other shipments from getting sent out on that end as well? Or this was such a low priority it kept getting bumped (but I tend to think these are made already).

Its been over a month ..... Is it time to delay this one again yet? :)

...leaning toward cancelling now .... never would have thought I'd say that 2 years ago when ordering....

He hopes they reopen Conan with a bigger ES, I think that's Ink's meaning.

Back