Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably this isn't the right thread to share my opinion (but ARH threads don't seem to be the right place either, these days...), I do find ARH paint job lacking even on their prototypes. The extra lucid skin with almost no tones or shadowing is what puts me off for most of their human figures, along with uninspired sculpts, overly busy bases and overall the strange art style they keep on using as if they were trying to mix comic and realistic styles. Hard to explain by words, but their Conan is pretty much everything I consider "wrong" on a Conan statue. They did a great job with Medusa, and I think their Minotaurus is going to be awesome, but other than that they have made no progress with most of their statues imho. Just my 2 cents btw.

100% agree with everything you said. The Medusa piece is spectacular but since then ……….

I have the 1/6 Leonidas and Achilles, the 1/4 Leonidas, Battle Fury Achilles and Barbarian AP. Love them all. :huh

Still the best one out there. Quarantine Studio Conan the Brutal Statue.jpg

I have the 1/6 Leonidas and Achilles, the 1/4 Leonidas, Battle Fury Achilles and Barbarian AP. Love them all. :huh

You know, I just don't dig those. I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with the Death Dealer. I used to have the full size Bowen and still.regret selling that.

You know, I just don't dig those. I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with the Death Dealer. I used to have the full size Bowen and still.regret selling that.

Go to that thread. Averone just posted some pics!

I had just checked that thread :clap. I am trying not to get my hopes up to much but it does look good. I hope that they kill it with the sculpt and the paint. Did I hear correctly that someone else was doing the paint for them on the Frazetta stuff?

Honestly I am just as worried about Sideshows production of this Conan. It has the potential to be spectacular. I hope they pull it off.

Hmm thanks for the inputs. Really wanted just one Conan stat. I think I'll wait and see how the frazetta comes out.

What about the battle fury Achilles? I have that one and its very well done.

As I said, is a mix of MANY things that I just consider wrong. Their barbarian is bland and uninspired, Fury Achilles and Leonidas are good (nothing great) but still, all of them has the same skin color issue. And I just can't manage to like most of their production, their pieces look and feel "empty", they mostly make big guys with the same anatomy and muscles, just trying to look badass while communicating no real emotion whatsoever, and don't even get me started on their female sculpts or Alexander's horse with no texture at all and so on...
Plus, the price tag is high for unlicensed statues and the quality isn't on par with the money they ask. Really I could make a wall of text explaining what I (personally) don't like about ARH, not trying to convince anybody tho, so I'll just stop here :D

Still the best one out there.View attachment 133226

Always wanted to pick him up, but I didn't collect 1/6 at the time, now I have a couple 1/6 fantasy pieces incoming next year and I could add this one to the collection, hope it's good as it seems :)

As I said, is a mix of MANY things that I just consider wrong. Their barbarian is bland and uninspired, Fury Achilles and Leonidas are good (nothing great) but still, all of them has the same skin color issue. And I just can't manage to like most of their production, their pieces look and feel "empty", they mostly make big guys with the same anatomy and muscles, just trying to look badass while communicating no real emotion whatsoever, and don't even get me started on their female sculpts or Alexander's horse with no texture at all and so on...
Plus, the price tag is high for unlicensed statues and the quality isn't on par with the money they ask. Really I could make a wall of text explaining what I (personally) don't like about ARH, not trying to convince anybody tho, so I'll just stop here :D

Always wanted to pick him up, but I didn't collect 1/6 at the time, now I have a couple 1/6 fantasy pieces incoming next year and I could add this one to the collection, hope it's good as it seems :)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion
I think most guys who buy ARH inc are extremely happy that we offer the likes of "Alexander"

But come on what is there not to like about the DD?

Lets make a check list:

Details/texture to the max - check
Anatomy horse and DD -check
Sense of power and overall doom - check
Size- Check
Licensed product - Check

AND everything is looking great all said and done!

Last edited:
Back