Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I know, what I meant is: with Sideshow, more money doesn't translate to better QC :)

XM Studios seem to be better than Sideshow but I wouldn't hold them up as a great example either. Tony Stark sculpt from the Ironman statue at US$600+, pic taken from their own website.

XMironman2.jpg

XM Studios seem to be better than Sideshow but I wouldn't hold them up as a great example either. Tony Stark sculpt from the Ironman statue at US$600+, pic taken from their own website.

View attachment 132268

10656246_10152421223103565_1509683684_n.jpg

Heres the production piece :wink1:

Isn't it awesome how quick XM tweaks their stuff in reaction to their fans criticisms? To bad the Reeve Superman didn't get that type of love eh?

View attachment 132279

Heres the production piece :wink1:

Isn't it awesome how quick XM tweaks their stuff in reaction to their fans criticisms? To bad the Reeve Superman didn't get that type of love eh?

But that doesn't look much like Robert Downey Jr? For $600+ I'd expect a lot more than that.

I'm not that familiar with either, I had to go look up the Sideshow Superman PF as well (I assume that's what you meant). To me it looks closer to Reeves than this does to RDJ ....but SS's production piece will be a big step down in terms of paint....

Yeah, I know, what I meant is: with Sideshow, more money doesn't translate to better QC :)
Gues it depends on the piece too. Some have been amazing while others suck some serious **** Grayson

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Enough with XM, this is about Conan. Take the XM talk to one of the millions of threads for XM in the marvel section please.

But that doesn't look much like Robert Downey Jr? For $600+ I'd expect a lot more than that.

I'm not that familiar with either, I had to go look up the Sideshow Superman PF as well (I assume that's what you meant). To me it looks closer to Reeves than this does to RDJ ....but SS's production piece will be a big step down in terms of paint....

That does look like RDJ. Try PF Thor that was already released, don't resemble the actor at all.

That does look like RDJ. Try PF Thor that was already released, don't resemble the actor at all.

What? No I don't need to compare to yet another comic piece. I don't care.
RDJ is probably the 2nd most produced sculpt behind Bruce Lee at this stage .....he might even be first come to think of.... that means you're comparing against more than a few amazing Hot Toys sculpts. Other than the very first release, I think every HT one is better than that. I wouldn't pay $600+ for that statue personally but I'm sure others are happy with it.

I've got nothing personally against XM or any other company ....well Enterbay maybe LOL .....more competition is better.
If XM produce a Conan piece, I'll definitely check it out.....look at that I brought it all full circle :D

What? No I don't need to compare to yet another comic piece. I don't care.
RDJ is probably the 2nd most produced sculpt behind Bruce Lee at this stage .....he might even be first come to think of.... that means you're comparing against more than a few amazing Hot Toys sculpts. Other than the very first release, I think every HT one is better than that. I wouldn't pay $600+ for that statue personally but I'm sure others are happy with it.

I've got nothing personally against XM or any other company ....well Enterbay maybe LOL .....more competition is better.
If XM produce a Conan piece, I'll definitely check it out.....look at that I brought it all full circle :D

Yes you did sir. :clap....

Ok guys, I've been reading in the various Conan stats trying to decide which one to get. Just wanted to get a general feel for which would be the best Conan stat to have.

I like this sculpt but the pose not so much for this stat. I don't think you can see him properly. The ARH snake and slave girl dio feels loopy to me especially the slave girl. The prize looks best to me but it doesn't scream barbarian to me. More like thief in the night or raider. The fury stat now looks best but I don't know if you can see Conan so much as the ape. I really love frazetta so I'm waiting for the proto pics but the face sculpt seems much too blurred? for me.

Question now is should I get this now while it's still available. Get the prize or wait for more info for the ARH barbarian stat?

Ok guys, I've been reading in the various Conan stats trying to decide which one to get. Just wanted to get a general feel for which would be the best Conan stat to have.

I like this sculpt but the pose not so much for this stat. I don't think you can see him properly. The ARH snake and slave girl dio feels loopy to me especially the slave girl. The prize looks best to me but it doesn't scream barbarian to me. More like thief in the night or raider. The fury stat now looks best but I don't know if you can see Conan so much as the ape. I really love frazetta so I'm waiting for the proto pics but the face sculpt seems much too blurred? for me.

Question now is should I get this now while it's still available. Get the prize or wait for more info for the ARH barbarian stat?

You may as well wait to see whats right around the corner with the ARH Frazetta pieces.

Got to think if size matters to you as well?
The Prize and the Beast are 1/5 scale. They are dios so they are quite large overall (The Beast dio especially) but Conan himself will be much smaller.

ARH's Sacrifice looks amazing ...but to your door with shipping its going to be $1100+ and take up a LOT of room. If neither one of those things bother you, then its good choice. Very low run as well so if you want it, probably best to get on it now.

My personal favorite is this new Rage of the Undying PF, I think its the best representation of Conan and its 1/4 scale with him as the centerpiece....and should arrive with shipping cost at about $550.

ARH Frazetta line will be great, though I actually prefer the Rage statue to Frazetta's Barbarian
(and honestly, ALL Conan look post the 60s Frazetta's paintings is essentally a Frazetta variation, including the Rage PF ......)

Weak paint job is what gets me worried about ARH, along with ridicolous price tag.
This Conan has it all imho, can't really go wrong with this or the Fury or the Prize, they are all home runs.

Weak paint job is what gets me worried about ARH, along with ridicolous price tag.
This Conan has it all imho, can't really go wrong with this or the Fury or the Prize, they are all home runs.

Have ARH had production paint job problems? I haven't heard that.

Sideshow its a given that the paint job will be a long way below proto pics. I am worried that this Rage PF will have Conan painted as one solid lump of orange.

Have ARH had production paint job problems? I haven't heard that.

Probably this isn't the right thread to share my opinion (but ARH threads don't seem to be the right place either, these days...), I do find ARH paint job lacking even on their prototypes. The extra lucid skin with almost no tones or shadowing is what puts me off for most of their human figures, along with uninspired sculpts, overly busy bases and overall the strange art style they keep on using as if they were trying to mix comic and realistic styles. Hard to explain by words, but their Conan is pretty much everything I consider "wrong" on a Conan statue. They did a great job with Medusa, and I think their Minotaurus is going to be awesome, but other than that they have made no progress with most of their statues imho. Just my 2 cents btw.

Sideshow its a given that the paint job will be a long way below proto pics. I am worried that this Rage PF will have Conan painted as one solid lump of orange.

As much as I think Sideshow is completely hit and miss with their products, I think this PF will come out ok. Half of the figure is covered in mixed media, they only need to nail his torso with paint, which should go fine. The skin paint on the Fury of the Beast Conan is good, it could use some more shades, but overall the result is solid.

I still think Conan the prize is the statue to beat. SS nailed that so damn well. I am eagerly awaiting this version though. If the statue comes out relatively comparable to the proto I think this could be the only Conan I'll ever need

Back