Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the in-hand pictures start coming in next year, maybe it will become clearer for you or maybe this simply isn't your style of statue. We all have our own individual preferences.

BTW, that isn't a skirt. When you get a chance, do a Google search to see what Roman battle armor looked like. Then do a search showing Aquilonian armor and you will see the strong resemblance. That was the armor of the time. ;)

I agree to each their own. :peace

Wrong... All of the above stated, applies to one piece and one piece only. SSC still needs to top this piece. :lecture

maxresdefault.jpg

1378768_10202241012289297_1724426297_n.jpg

Rage of the Undying Conan is one fugly looking piece. It looks like a constipated UFC fighter Randy Couture in a wig, with a stick shoved up his perking butt cheeks, being tickled by it and liking it a little bit. :rotfl

If you dont like the ARH one, Id hold out and wait til SSC does another one, because this is just one horrid piece and a waste of money. A lot of you will be quick to sell this off when the next best Conan comes out. I guarantee it. :lol
My sentiments regarding your opinion....

joker.gif

:lol Theres a reason why this piece is so low in es. And I bet the regular will be low es as well. This piece wont sell very well. And I highly doubt people were waiting on what ARH was releasing before pulling the trigger on this. Its 150 es. And most of you collectors base your collection on es rather than enjoying a piece for its artwork. It would have sold out a long time ago if people were so worried about the very limited es on this exclusive. Flippers would have been all over this piece. Even they know this piece wont sell. :horror

Duly noted

The price on this will increase 50% within a month of release
Lots of people were holding out for ARHs first pics. Many people still are. $460 for most isn't a whimsical financial decision. Its calculated and from what I have seen thus far of the ARH release, sideshow wins hands down

There are a lot of aspects that contribute to this piece and its price. We've discussed the base to death, but I think not enough justice has been put on Conan himself. Regardless of what you think of the pose, when it comes to the detail and outfit this Conan PF looks significantly more complex and intricate than most other statues Sideshow has done. I cannot quite describe it in words, but there is this sort of overwhelming sensation you get trying to analyze the Conan statue closely. When compared to your typical roided up guy in spandex or sexed up girl in tight leather that Sideshow generally does, this Conan really stands out. I'm thinking this is going to be one of those pieces that DEMAND some kind of rotational display base because every single angle and element to it is full of detail.

The only thing that could make this statue less incredible would be a paint application that washes away the details. Even a basic/satisfactory paint application should still make this statue stand out among the rest. It's gonna be something you can appreciate a lot from any distance. People are still non believers, but I am fully confident that when these come out in hand people are gonna be blown away.

In retrospect while I am excited for the Red Sonja statue, I have a feeling the final product is gonna be a big disappointment. Seems like QC plague those sorts of statues. I'm not sure if the factory workers are just shy of females or something (LOL) but I always get nervous with these female statues now. There's also the issue of her face too. If the eyes aren't just right it's going to look really weird. She has a pretty stern stare so getting that right will be important. Ivy had a lot of problems, but Sonja brings so many more elements to her that there is so much more room for error.

And most of you collectors base your collection on es rather than enjoying a piece for its artwork.r

I hope you're not implying that those of us who appreciate a low ES, don't appreciate the art and vision that went into our statue as well.

That would be a very short sighted thing to say and won't go over well with many collectors.

But giving you the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure that's not what you mean...

We wouldn't have stories about people seeking the holy grail if you could find it at nearby convenience stores.

lulz at using Randy Couture as a negative comparison.
This is what men that fight for a living look like.

And that Conan statue is Conan in his late 30s/early 40s around the time of Red Nails and Beyond the Black River.
This is what Conan looks like.

Just because the current flock of celebrities look like pouncy girly men doesn't mean the Cimmerian should.

I get liking the Arnie statue better. I own it. I'm keeping it.

But this is Howard's Conan.
He isn't a pretty boy and Howard never spent a lot of time describing how gorgeous he was. If you're worry is that Conan is not pretty enough then you just don't know Howard's Conan. That's all there is to it.

this conan will double his value in a few months, the perfect match for the best pf of the decade

RED SONJA

imageh4s2k.jpg

Red Sonja has not wowed me, im thinking of getting queen of the dead as a companion piece

This is what men that fight for a living look like

And that Conan statue is Conan in his late 30s/early 40s around the time of Red Nails and Beyond the Black River.

Just because the current flock of celebrities look like pouncy girly men doesn't mean the Cimmerian should.

He isn't a pretty boy and Howard never spent a lot of time describing how gorgeous he was. If you're worry is that Conan is not pretty enough then you just don't know Howard's Conan. That's all there is to it.

:exactly: Great post!! :clap

This is what men that fight for a living look like.

Preach it SAB! All very valid and accurate points.
This piece just nails Howard's Conan imo.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand,
a thief,
a reaver,
a slayer,
with gigantic melancholies
and gigantic mirth,
to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."—The Nemedian Chronicles

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand,
a thief,
a reaver,
a slayer,
with gigantic melancholies
and gigantic mirth,
to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."—The Nemedian Chronicles

:rock:rock

Back