Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ship dates are a rough estimate. It's not that big of a deal

As I said, not bothered by the delay itself.
But why couldn't Sideshow make their rough estimate of August 2014 a couple of months ago?

Red Sonja isn't up yet and that was previewed and proto's shown at the same time. What was the rush with Conan ?

Sideshow know of ARH's upcoming dio and I have a feeling this statue was put up as early as it was to bring in pre-orders quickly.

Now that the ES pre-orders are in they're shifting the estimate ship date to what they were always intending ....

All just my conspiracy theory of course :lol

As I said, not bothered by the delay itself.
But why couldn't Sideshow make their rough estimate of August 2014 a couple of months ago?

Red Sonja isn't up yet and that was previewed and proto's shown at the same time. What was the rush with Conan ?

Sideshow know of ARH's upcoming dio and I have a feeling this statue was put up as early as it was to bring in pre-orders quickly.

Now that the ES pre-orders are in they're shifting the estimate ship date to what they were always intending ....

All just my conspiracy theory of course :lol

They wanted to lock people in early for Sideshow Conan Pf, so they won't get Arh conan dio wich will be in direct competition with their product.

They wanted to lock people in early for Sideshow Conan Pf, so they won't get Arh conan dio wich will be in direct competition with their product.

The new ARH sounds cool, but the price tag (all inclusive price tag) is just to much for me to justify. Not to mention the real estate.
Some of their other items look good though I've never purchased anything produced by them.
For me the SS stuff has more "oomph" to it, so I'm happy to get this one as a great stand alone and the delay only makes next year less taxing.

The new ARH sounds cool, but the price tag (all inclusive price tag) is just to much for me to justify. Not to mention the real estate.
Some of their other items look good though I've never purchased anything produced by them.
For me the SS stuff has more "oomph" to it, so I'm happy to get this one as a great stand alone and the delay only makes next year less taxing.

Yeah I agree .... I actually don't think there is any way I will find ARH's one better than this 'Rage of the Undying' PF ....this is perfect for me.

Just questioning Sideshow's behaviour here.

Although you may be right, I really don't think that there was any "conspiracy" on the part of sideshow with regards to this statue. Dates change and get pushed back so often for a variety of valid reasons and we all know that the initial ship dates are only estimates.

The reality is that even with an ES of 150, this statue hasn't sold out yet and that may, understandably, be due to people waiting for the ARH reveal. I think this piece may sell out rather quickly after NYCC reveal and the comparisons are made. I am sure that the ARH piece is going to be quite impressive but the cost and size difference will be a major factor for a lot of us.

So realistically we're looking at Sep/Oct 2014
(going by Sideshow's usual schedule alterations as time gets closer to release)

Don't think I've ever pre-ordered something so far in advance !

So realistically we're looking at Sep/Oct 2014
(going by Sideshow's usual schedule alterations as time gets closer to release)

Don't think I've ever pre-ordered something so far in advance !

21.jpg

Happens to me all the time...

Glad with the schedule as it is (they moved mine to April too). Now I have more chances to snatch Diablo towards Christmas and flex the Queen of the Dead as soon as it goes on preorder.
And considering how my financial situation is constantly changing, there's a lot of time for this to sell out entirely, which is always nice.

No idea why, but I decided to PO this today. It's so massive and I think with Red Sonja being a gorgeous piece, I wanted to lock in with such a tiny ES.

Now I need to actually read some Conan (I've only seen the first Arnold film).

I'm back to being annoyed about this price.... :D

The battle damaged T2 has had its priced released at $380 !?
That looks way more complicated as a piece + movie license costs + actor likeness rights ..... but comes in at $80 less ?

No idea why, but I decided to PO this today. It's so massive and I think with Red Sonja being a gorgeous piece, I wanted to lock in with such a tiny ES.

Now I need to actually read some Conan (I've only seen the first Arnold film).

Go and buy the 3 Del Ray Conan volumes now!
v1: The Coming of Conan
v2: The Bloody Crown of Conan
v3: The Conquering Sword of Conan

The complete and only Conan you'll ever need :yess:

I'm back to being annoyed about this price.... :D

The battle damaged T2 has had its priced released at $380 !?
That looks way more complicated as a piece + movie license costs + actor likeness rights ..... but comes in at $80 less ?

I ordered and will definitely keep my order, but I still think the price on this is unjustifiably high.

Oh well, as long as it turns out well, at least the small edition size should help this piece retain it's value over the long-term. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself anyway... :lol

I ordered and will definitely keep my order, but I still think the price on this is unjustifiably high.

Oh well, as long as it turns out well, at least the small edition size should help this piece retain it's value over the long-term. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself anyway... :lol

Don't worry. By the time this is released, it will be standard PF price. :lol

I almost think the mace looks better than the Atlantean sword.
He's got blades all around his waist, the mace is what stands out.
But yes, I ordered the ex. :)

Same here. In the books Conan uses a great variety of weapons and not just the sword as in the films and in many comics, and I find that the mace, as a blunt weapon, is the best to fight undead. But Ex anyway, I buy few statues and I want to have more display options :)

Agreed. The pose looks much better with the mace. The sword doesn't work as well. I just like the EX for a change in pose after a few years.

And a big part of why I love the statue is the unusual choices in both weapons and outfits.....much more like the Conan of the novels.

Agreed. The pose looks much better with the mace. The sword doesn't work as well. I just like the EX for a change in pose after a few years.

And a big part of why I love the statue is the unusual choices in both weapons and outfits.....much more like the Conan of the novels.

Same here. The complaints about the kilt have stopped as this piece has grown on people.

Back