ComiXology

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just lets you have a choice of trying out new comics. Like today its Lazarus... I heard good things and will read it soon.

It's annoying that their app doesn't update the 12 free comics unless you close it and open it again. But gift horse in the mouth and all that.

There are some good deals on DC Graphic novels for $5.99. The Watchmen, Batman: Year One and more. I'm glad The Killing Joke is in there because I thought it was overpriced at $9.99. It's basically the length of 2-3 comics.

Part of me wants to say the Killing Joke is worth whatever they want to charge for it. :lol But, yeah, $5.99 seems what it should cost.

Watchmen and All-Star Superman for $5.99 each is insane. That's about 50¢ an issue!

Is comixology the best way to read comics? I really prefer all my stuff in OHC/Omnibus/absolute form. (It's the only way I've purchased anything comic related...)

But I keep hearing nothing but good things about newer comics like All New X-men, and batman. I only have a 16gb ipad to use comixology on and thought it'd fill up fast.

You don't have to keep everything on your iPad all the time. It's just like the Audible app from Amazon for audiobooks. You can re-download at any time after you've made the comic purchase and thereby save all the space you desire on your device.

I highly recommend Comixology. :lecture

Comixology is awesome, but you have to look at some of the screenshots of some older titles before you download them. Some comics like Matt Wagner's Mage and Walter Simonson's Thor run have been recolored (lots of shading was added). I think this modernizes these classic books and most people might not be bothered by it, but it is too much tweaking to be acceptable to me.

Was thinking about buying from them is there any service out where you pay a subscription fee and read as many titles you want?

Broke down and picked up Volumes 11-19 of TWD, even though I've still only read through Volume 4... :lol

Got a lot of reading to do now.

Anyone know when Star Wars will revert back to Marvel? :dunno

Back