Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fett is in series 2. With Han, Greedo, and Slave Leia

Han in Carbonite, really, was the SDCC exclusive

I'm probably getting that whole series, really want that Fett. Han matches well.with Greedo and Leia is a plus.

pretty sure thats my receding hairline sitting down in the bottom right

Hey at least you have a hair line. Mine ran away 15 years ago.

Ok, I know comic con 2014 is going to be all the hype next, but I am planning on going in 2015. I decided to start preparations super early as this would be my first time going. I realize that it is difficult to get badges, but do you guys think it would be at all possible to get two 4-day passes for first timers? Like I said, I know this is very early but I want to do everything I can to make sure that I can get in.

It's possible you'll just have to get lucky. It won't be impossible though. I'm actually thinking 2014 will be my last comic-con for a while.

THey haven't said exactly how they're going to distribute badges for next year. They've changed it every year for the last couple of years. But no matter what they do, there is always more supply than demand.

All you can do is try, and cross your fingers. There are no guarantees, whether you have gone each of the last 20 years, or this is your first time.

They need to get rid of exclusives and most of the riffraff will stay away, thereby allowing entry to those who want to attend.

I met Amy Acker and she said my name :love

But my favorite moment was meeting with Amanda Conner off site at Trickster and there was nobody else there. I got to spend about an hour alone with her as she sketched Black Widow for me. I love Amanda and the chance to hang with her without the crowd and chaos and everything was a really awesome moment.

They need to get rid of exclusives and most of the riffraff will stay away, thereby allowing entry to those who want to attend.

That would cut back a lot but it would keep some of the retailers away I think. They probably make good money with a lot of that. They need to allow them to sell some there but sell more online. Like Sideshow did last year where they got mailed to you and we're awaiting your return.

I met Amy Acker and she said my name :love

But my favorite moment was meeting with Amanda Conner off site at Trickster and there was nobody else there. I got to spend about an hour alone with her as she sketched Black Widow for me. I love Amanda and the chance to hang with her without the crowd and chaos and everything was a really awesome moment.

I met her years back, and man, what a sweetheart. Very cool. Seemed down to earth.

Congrats! :rock

They need to cut down on people cheating their way into the exhibit hall......I read somewhere that people were bringing their kids to get childrens badges and then giving them to adult friends who were walking right into the exhibit hall. Because there are so many people coming in and out, it's hard for security to check them all properly.

Also, we had a vendor tell us that what they do to bring people in is the old, two people come in, one goes back out with both badges and that person brings a third in trick....because once you're in the exhibit hall, they don't really monitor people to make sure everyone has a proper badge.

Also on preview night, I noticed a lot of people who had some sort of PN sticker instead of a badge. Not sure what those were for exactly, but would be super easy for me to scan one of those stickers and reprint it on sticker paper. I'm sure people copy badges as well...

Why should I care about people who want to spend all day in a line for Hasbro or Lego or whatever? It keeps them away from the stuff I do care about.

They need to cut down on people cheating their way into the exhibit hall......I read somewhere that people were bringing their kids to get childrens badges and then giving them to adult friends who were walking right into the exhibit hall. Because there are so many people coming in and out, it's hard for security to check them all properly.

Also, we had a vendor tell us that what they do to bring people in is the old, two people come in, one goes back out with both badges and that person brings a third in trick....because once you're in the exhibit hall, they don't really monitor people to make sure everyone has a proper badge.

Also on preview night, I noticed a lot of people who had some sort of PN sticker instead of a badge. Not sure what those were for exactly, but would be super easy for me to scan one of those stickers and reprint it on sticker paper. I'm sure people copy badges as well...

They do but it is never going to happen. There would be too many bottlenecks created if they had to check every badge.

I think undercover con agents who check people's passes and IDs on the floor and in the ballrooms would be an answer that might help. Once a few people permanently lost their con privileges, word would spread and a large amount of that fraud would be reduced.

My Wife and I are big Hall H fans.....I'll be curious to see if they try to do anything to address the craziness of Hall H after this year. I think it's gotten out of control quickly, thanks to social media. When Comic Con "experts" are posting on Twitter that if you're not in line by 5am you're not getting in....chaos ensues.

My Wife and I are big Hall H fans.....I'll be curious to see if they try to do anything to address the craziness of Hall H after this year. I think it's gotten out of control quickly, thanks to social media. When Comic Con "experts" are posting on Twitter that if you're not in line by 5am you're not getting in....chaos ensues.

Haha ya which usually ends up being BS.

They just need to make the exclusives all online purchases and have it shipped. It's why the exibit hall is so bad. That's funny to me people are sneaking into PN with just a sticker and the staff is totally unaware of it.

But complaining in here does nothing much, gotta take it up on their FB page.

Last edited:
Back