College Football fans...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mizzou hasn't been this good in over 20 years. Now, I know MU respects Neb and will be focused going in but they'll do the job.

Who is boogereater? Daniels?

No offense Neb fans have no room to talk any trash you guys haven't been anything for quite a while either.

Texas and OU are the only two teams in the Big 12 capable of keeping MU under control at all.

Not a problem. :)

Neither of your teams are even being talked about any. MU is the #5 team in the country, has a Heisman finalist (maybe a second of Maclin keeps it up), an offense that scores like its a video game, etc. They're putting it on people the last two years like its going out of style.

In the end it doesn't matter if its 1pt wins or 20pt wins. Its about the wins.

I do like reading things like this though.

From ESPN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEW8_KVhDFE

sorry, but nebraska has accomplished as much as missouri in the past 10 years... wait, let's check the facts

missouri - https://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/database/missouri_database.htm

nebraska - https://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/database/nebraska_database.htm

nebraska went through a rough 4 years, but that all goes back to steve pederson single handedly dismantling a dynasty. missouri is nothing more than a flash in the pan and most of the fans have just jumped on the bandwagon.

i'll give missouri and their fans my full respect once they've sold out 291 consecutive home games, won a big 12 title, won a national title, produce at least 1 heisman trophy winner, and have a majority of their fans at least try to not be as big of a--holes as colorado fans.

heck, accomplish one of those things and i'll show the program some respect :D

From ESPN:

Quote:
But as we stand today, three weeks into the season, three teams stand above and apart from all the rest: USC, Oklahoma and Missouri.

All three of these teams have one thing in common. They've played nobody.

heck, accomplish one of those things and i'll show the program some respect :D

Guess we'll see what happens when we stomp a mud hole in ya when we come to Lincoln. :)

All three of these teams have one thing in common. They've played nobody.

Really Illinois and Ohio St are nobodies? :lol

As a MU fan I'm just enjoying the ride. So its all good.

Really Illinois and Ohio St are nobodies? :lol

Yes. The Big Ten is a joke and Ohio State is their poster boy. Like USC, when you play in a ^^^^ty conference it's not hard to make it to the title game. They're very accomplished at losing those games though.

edit: Don't get me wrong. I think Oklahoma and Mizzu are very good teams. I just don't think they've played anyone yet. USC is very similiar to OSU, they'll have a cake walk to the title game, but I think OK and Mizzu could and would beat them.

Mizzou hasn't been this good in over 20 years. Now, I know MU respects Neb and will be focused going in but they'll do the job.

Who is boogereater? Daniels? Pinkel?

There was footage caught of Daniels digging for gold and the outcome of it is under question.

Not a problem. :)

Neither of your teams are even being talked about any. MU is the #5 team in the country, has a Heisman finalist (maybe a second of Maclin keeps it up), an offense that scores like its a video game, etc. They're putting it on people the last two years like its going out of style.

In the end it doesn't matter if its 1pt wins or 20pt wins. Its about the wins.

I do like reading things like this though.

From ESPN:

You don't follow college football much do you? Was anyone taking about East Carolina before they took down some top ranked teams? What happened to Arizona State? Kansas? Clemson? West Virginia?

Anyone can win or lose on any given day. Mizzery will lose to Kansas and Texas. And I think OSU will outgun them as well due to their superior running game :gun

Mizzery Fan talking smack :lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol

yeah the jury is still out on Mizzou's defense, Illinois hung 42 on them and here's what the Illini offense did the next 2 weeks:

DATE OPPONENT W-L (CONF) RESULT
8/30 @ No. 6 Missouri 0-1 (0-0) L 52-42
9/06 Eastern Illinois 1-1 (0-0) W 47-21
9/13 Louisiana-Lafayette 2-1 (0-0) W 20-17

BUT they are 3-0. they have Texas and Nebraska to play so if they can beat those teams they'll have earned a high ranking for the most part.

i love college football! :rock

You don't follow college football much do you? Was anyone taking about East Carolina before they took down some top ranked teams? What happened to Arizona State? Kansas? Clemson? West Virginia?

Anyone can win or lose on any given day. Mizzery will lose to Kansas and Texas. And I think OSU will outgun them as well due to their superior running game :gun

Mizzery Fan talking smack :lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol

I've probably forgotten more college football than you know. :)

There is always someone like EC that jumps up and then fades. South Florida last year? If they're still doing it come bowl time I'll care.

So you think MU is gonna lose 3 games? :lol Shows you know little about college football. Nobody anywhere is even saying anything close to that. MU will put a beating on KU and OSU and I expect a close game with Tex.

Doesn't matter I'll let the Tigers do my talking from here on out. I'll make sure to come back to this thread come bowl time when we're playing in a BCS game.

The funny thing is yeah there for a few years MU wasn't great but they had a pretty good tradition back in the day. Cracks me up people forget that.

I still think that the SEC is the hardest conference and that over half of our teams can stomp the ever living hell out of OSU any given game day. :lol

I honestly think that the Gators will go far this year, the real test will come on Nov 1st when we face Georgia... That's gonna be a great game.

Georgia IS overrated (they usually are, but this year is just ridiculous) but that doesn't mean Florida is in if they win that game.

Right now, I think that USC and Oklahoma look heads and tails better than everyone else.

I've probably forgotten more college football than you know. :)

There is always someone like EC that jumps up and then fades. South Florida last year? If they're still doing it come bowl time I'll care.

So you think MU is gonna lose 3 games? :lol Shows you know little about college football. Nobody anywhere is even saying anything close to that. MU will put a beating on KU and OSU and I expect a close game with Tex.

Doesn't matter I'll let the Tigers do my talking from here on out. I'll make sure to come back to this thread come bowl time when we're playing in a BCS game.

The funny thing is yeah there for a few years MU wasn't great but they had a pretty good tradition back in the day. Cracks me up people forget that.

They'll lose at least 2 games this year and that's not counting their bowl game, mark my words.

Sorry, but Mossouri football and tradition don't even belong in the same sentence unless you're talking about the lack there of. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone, besides a modern day bandwagon jumper, to talk about Missouri's tradition rich football program :rolleyes:

BCS? How about counting those chickens AFTER they hatch.

Hey, he has probably forgotten more college football than you know. :lol

I've been watching college ball of the Big8/Big12 for 25 years, and untill mid season last year I never heard of peep from Mizzery fans.

Bandwagoners indeed.

Georgia IS overrated (they usually are, but this year is just ridiculous) but that doesn't mean Florida is in if they win that game.

Right now, I think that USC and Oklahoma look heads and tails better than everyone else.

I agree but if GA wins out...a big IF, they deserve a national title shot. Oklahoma hasn't played anyone yet, so I don't see how they can be rated anything. Oklahoma always starts like this and then their true colors show later in the season. Georgia usually starts slows, and they build from there. USC looks tough but I can't take their win over OSU seriously. OSU is always way overrated and it shows almost every time they play a big game. USC does look like the best but they don't really play anyone all year and this was suppose to be their big game.

I'd hate to say it but Florida will be in the NC game. Georgia is overated.

Yeah, we will see but I think GA will take Florida this year. However, Florida does have the history of consistently beating us :) Honestly, the game that scares me most is the Alabama game followed closely by LSU. Georgia has a very tough schedule this year. We just need to keep winning and I don't care what the margin of victory is.

Hey, he has probably forgotten more college football than you know. :lol

I've been watching college ball of the Big8/Big12 for 25 years, and untill mid season last year I never heard of peep from Mizzery fans.

Bandwagoners indeed.

I really don't think that I've heard a fanbase be so sure of a national title and a heisman finalist since nebraska in '95. Granted, I'm a diehard Husker fan, but that team has been voted the best ever on many occasions by multiple media outlets. And in all fairness, Tommy Fraizer should have won the heisman... if you can't agree to that, you don't know your football.

I can guarantee ya one thing living in this state and with my family I'm no bandwagon fan.

I can guarantee ya one thing living in this state and with my family I'm no bandwagon fan.

I'm not by any means calling you out on that, I'm just saying there are suddenly a lot of tiger 'fans' around here. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a person wearing a Missouri hat or t-shirt out around town, now they're everywhere.
I really can't believe that after last season and how well they're doing this year, you guys still aren't selling out every home game.

GOOOO DAWGS!! Tonight we really outplayed ASU but that isn't saying much because they are a PAC 10 school. That LSU vs Auburn game was a real good game. Alabama creamed Arkansas and Mizzou beat Buffalo pretty soundly (didn't see the game but they allowed 21 points!!) It's going to be a fun year in college football.

GOOOO DAWGS!! Tonight we really outplayed ASU but that isn't saying much because they are a PAC 10 school. That LSU vs Auburn game was a real good game. Alabama creamed Arkansas and Mizzou beat Buffalo pretty soundly (didn't see the game but they allowed 21 points!!) It's going to be a fun year in college football.

Next weeks game vs. Alabama will be fun to watch. My boys almost pulled the upset on South Carolina today, some poor coaching decisions cost them the game. That's nothing new though.

Back