Collector's pricing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think defects play a role determining price in that way. Lack of defect on a poorly produced piece will raise the price.

The main issue here is availability. Even large edition sizes reach a point in time when they can no longer be found easily. Many people are willing to pay $600 now to avoid paying $1600 later.

I don't think defects play a role determining price in that way. Lack of defect on a poorly produced piece will raise the price.

The main issue here is availability. Even large edition sizes reach a point in time when they can no longer be found easily. Many people are willing to pay $600 now to avoid paying $1600 later.

I guess our impasse is my use of examples in Rogue and Psylocke. Neither with defects that increase. And while I get that they may be older and no longer produced, my thing is that there really is no direct correlation for a higher price.

I mean yeah I would love to see my Master Replica sabers at 1000 for the lot, but I can honestly really expect maybe 700 (roughly 115 each for the 6). So I mean I know prices can also vary on outside variables, like someone getting married or got laid off and needs the money so they just auction and sell. Or you get the person that sells their pieces for space or such. I get there is unknown variables, but I mean there is, just my assumption, a small percentage that would put down the money. But honestly I see plenty of people who say, I would like this...but it's not reasonable, and they pass. Eventually they find a reasonable (if you really calculate with age, popularity, ES, and so much more) then I can see the value.

It's the open market. The more demand drives up the price on the secondary market. I shop to find the best price....... The older and rarer the item.... well you know

Why are you making this so complicated?
Not really complicated. i was just wondering what other people think about when it comes to buying a piece they want from the second market.

It's the open market. The more demand drives up the price on the secondary market. I shop to find the best price....... The older and rarer the item.... well you know

Yeah that makes sense, but most pieces don't even have a high demand, and it seems that pieces are trying to sold at ridiculous prices just cause.

Back