Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Stash: Open Beta

So.. what about an email notification when these messages are posted or something like that?

So I was thinking more about this today and taking it a step further.

I want to add the ability to subscribe to stashes, collectibles, manufactures, licenses..etc (probably not all right out of the gate). Subscriptions to these things would mean that anytime something is updated or added or a comment is posted you would get a notification(depending on your settings).

This would then include comments. I was thinking originally that you would subscribe to comments but now I am thinking you subscribe to the item, whether it is a stash or a collectible and anytime something is added or a comment is posted you would get a notification.

That is what I am thinking but now I just need to design it out and see how feasible it will be.

Me either, I figured it would be a good place to start generating more interest though. I would feel like an ass though creating an account and just start pimping my stuff.

That's why I created an account at Statue Forum & Statue Marvels waaaaay before we got started. :D

I already had an account at the Shadow & Flame. :yess:

Added the Scythe and Orb of Thesulah for now. It usually takes a long time to track down info on some long sold out stuff. Or there's a lot of info I can't find and then I feel terrible leaving it blank on Le Stash.

Update is out there. Small update tonight.

When adding collectibles to your stash:
- cost is not required anymore
- Purchased From field is now an autocomplete field. You can use existing values or add your own!

It is a little different then what we discussed but it does what we wanted but in a slightly different way.

I am prototyping that out for that field first and if that is well received I am going to use that behavior for other fields, like the "Exclusive Retailer" field when adding a collectible.

Yes! :goodpost:

I want to get a notification system setup very soon, both an internal feature to the application (so when you log in you will see notifications) and an email system, similar to how most forums work.

So I was thinking more about this today and taking it a step further.

I want to add the ability to subscribe to stashes, collectibles, manufactures, licenses..etc (probably not all right out of the gate). Subscriptions to these things would mean that anytime something is updated or added or a comment is posted you would get a notification(depending on your settings).

This would then include comments. I was thinking originally that you would subscribe to comments but now I am thinking you subscribe to the item, whether it is a stash or a collectible and anytime something is added or a comment is posted you would get a notification.

That is what I am thinking but now I just need to design it out and see how feasible it will be.

This seems like the logical approach for this.

I think it should be subscription requests for stashes as not everyone would want their stashes to be public or if they are, to have everyone know when they add something. you know?

This seems like the logical approach for this.

I think it should be subscription requests for stashes as not everyone would want their stashes to be public or if they are, to have everyone know when they add something. you know?

Yea that is what I am thinking, you can subscribe to someone's stash, if you want, and get notifications on when they add a new piece.

Back