COD 7 Vietnam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Air Cav, AH-1's, Pibbers, Monitors, M113's, mutts, LRRP, MACV-SOG, Tunnel rats, etc... Some interesting possibilities.

Oh, and don't forget the possible napalm drops on zombies!

Air Cav, AH-1's, Pibbers, Monitors, M113's, mutts, LRRP, MACV-SOG, Tunnel rats, etc... Some interesting possibilities.

Oh, and don't forget the possible napalm drops on zombies!

Yup, the only way I would buy another game from Treyarch is if it has zombies. If not than I shall pass.

Meh. How does this game end? You fight all these missions but there's no final victory, and you go back home to an ungrateful public?

Or you rise through the ranks and finally some disgruntled private decides to frag your ass?

I wonder if we'll get to shoot little kids with bombs strapped to them?

Let the Napalm and Agent Orange fly.

ohh man another old war game !!!
COME ON !

no more OLD WAR GAMES !

ONLY MODERN WARFARE !!
there is no way this game will beat MW2.

I will play the single player but thats about it.
Online FPS's MW2 is king!

I cant stand when people do that ^. You arent the only person in the world...

And multiplayer >>>> single player.

BFVietnam remanes my all time favoritie online shooter.

64 players online, and you could pilot a huey firing missles, with a copilot firing machine guns, while airlifting a tank that could also fire at people while flying thru the air. Plus I could do it all blasting the song from Apocalypse Now.

Hopefully they take some cues from that game. I can't wait to get back in the ____, especially with the foliage they can create nowadays.

COME ON !

no more OLD WAR GAMES !

ONLY MODERN WARFARE !!

I will play the single player but thats about it.
Online FPS's MW2 is king!

Modern Warefare 2 is good and all, but it failed to live up to the hype, and like most sequels it didn't surpass the original in anyway. If you put Modern Warfare and MW2 in front of me and said you could only play one for the rest of my life... COD4 would win everytime.

I'm tired of WW2 games but a game set during 'Nam, done by treyarch, I think they did a great job with W@W and I predict this next one will surpass MW2...why!? Because there is no hype machine, COD4 was near perfect, and hard to follow. World at war was good and I feel this one doesn't have that wall to climb. I feel people will be more impressed and pleasantly surprised by this one.

Modern Warefare 2 is good and all, but it failed to live up to the hype, and like most sequels it didn't surpass the original in anyway. If you put Modern Warfare and MW2 in front of me and said you could only play one for the rest of my life... COD4 would win everytime.

I'm tired of WW2 games but a game set during 'Nam, done by treyarch, I think they did a great job with W@W and I predict this next one will surpass MW2...why!? Because there is no hype machine, COD4 was near perfect, and hard to follow. World at war was good and I feel this one doesn't have that wall to climb. I feel people will be more impressed and pleasantly surprised by this one.

Totally agree and really looking forward to a good Nam! game.
And imo W@W was great and really enjoyalble to play.
The thing I love about these games is that they are based on real
wars and have history behind them.

Someone who likes W@W more than MW2 can't be trusted. It'll just be as lame as W@W, Treyarch blows.

The multiplayer will also be terrible. Not much variation in the jungle.

This worries me, as the war that was mostly based on most guerilla warfare and hiding in dense jungles and grass might suck for campers galore. Yet the idea of jungle levels has me super psyched.

Yeah, should be interesting.

There was plenty of urban stuff going on in the Vietnam war too, though. Remember the Tet Offensive? Battle for Hue?

COME ON !

no more OLD WAR GAMES !

ONLY MODERN WARFARE !!

Probably not, but not because of the setting. I'd be more psyched about this if it was Infinity Ward taking care of this one.

Still, quite a few of the weapons will be the same. You'll still have M-16s and AKs, and all the variants. M-14s, Dragunovs, etc. No MP5s, but maybe Uzis (were they used?), Mac-10s, and other submachineguns. M-79 bloopers, RPGs, LAWs, Claymores. Yeah, the bulk of the weaponry you can get in the MW games will be there.

Lots of special forces type stuff going on too. Vietnam was not an "old war" in the same sense as WWII was. We could still have ghillie suit levels, AC-130 (or its predecessor, the AC-47), cool riverboat levels, urban warfare as well as jungle environments, helo ops, etc. I think you will find that the Vietnam conflict was a lot more "modern" than you think.

I personally cant wait for this...I loved Battlefield: Vietnam a few years back, and this will likely prove to trump that experience. The only negative is the fact that COD does not support vehicles in multi...one of the best parts of BF:V was flying over the jungle in a Huey shooting out of the side...very Apocalypse Now...

Ha ha poor Treyarch gets the shaft when it comes to COD. I am not that excited (yet) but there could be some promise there. I just can't shake how spectacular MW2 is in it's gameplay, presentation, fun, etc. They have a steep hill to climb to take me away from MW2.

interesting.

Maybe I should've said "thinks they like it better." Fact remains, even considering that piece of ____ is better is ridiculous.

So saying I think I like it better is fact that I think it's better. Anyone who is happy and complacent with the less than stellar MW2 needs there head examined. W@W online multiplayer was so much more fun and engaging than this turd.

World at War did a better job, I don't see how it's anywhere near "piece of ____", once again it get's this hate that is not even warranted. And anyone who hated wasn't good at it, because they didn't like the weapons or whatever their excuse was. The killstreaks aren't cheap, there weren't as many campers, and it didn't have nearly as many of the cheap weapons MW2 has.

I like COD games because you can be a Brit as well as a an American, and in Multiplay you can be the enemy as well.
This won't have the Brit option, so I wonder if they will have another allied country in it like the New Zealand or Australian Army

Back