COD 7 Vietnam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kain4521

You know that one too/Mod
Reaction score
CoD7 Shipping Out To 'Nam In November?
Written Thursday, January 07, 2010 by Richard Walker

The Vietnam War was one of the most reprehensible wars in modern history, but gave us a whole catalogue of great movies and a handful of truly terrible games (Shellshock, anyone?).

Here's hoping that Treyarch can buck the trend for hideous games based upon the late 60s conflict having been handed development duties for the seventh instalment in the Call of Duty series, which will be heading off to 'Nam.

A senior UK trade source told CVG that the game will be arriving in November and is currently on course for a pre-festive season release, "just as with World At War and Modern Warfare 2.

"Activision believes that it can own Christmas again, just as it has in the last two years," the source added.

If anyone can do the Vietnam war justice, Treyarch certainly has a very good chance. Colour us intrigued by CoD's new direction.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4129-CoD7-Shipping-Out-To--Nam-In-November?.html

I bet they'll have some nice scenery, but after playing Modern Warfare 2 recently, I'll have a hard time playing a COD game again without all the cool modern weaponry.

It's about time, I have been wanting a COD: Vietnam game for a while now.

The best Vietnam game I played has been Battlefield: Vietnam.

Yeah i agree, I think one of the biggest things about MW2 is obviously the "modern" weaponry. To go back is really hard to do. I mean I know were talking Vietnam, but damn if I can use some of the more recent stuff its hard to even fathom. Still would give it a play thru though.

I've been asking for a Vietnam based game (that's good) for a while now....here's hoping to this being the one.

Damn, so soon? I guess I would be cool, but damn MW2 is such a pisser sometimes. This would be a snipers paradise.

This worries me, as the war that was mostly based on most guerilla warfare and hiding in dense jungles and grass might suck for campers galore. Yet the idea of jungle levels has me super psyched.

The only thing that excites me is the idea of an awesome Sniper level in the campaign. Oh, and possibly more zombies.

LOL Zambies in Nam.

This games potential has me really excited all those weapons, levels, and what not. MW2 was so overhyped but let down. This might have the potential to pull a fast on everyone especially those not expecting a whole lot. Where as MW2 had so much to live up and let alot of fans down. This one may be a pleasant surprise. Just a feeling.

Back