Cobra Commander!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Cobra Commander in that pic is based on the 2nd CC from the IDW comics I believe. Not a huge fan of that design (looks too much like a standard Viper) but I actually did like the design the first CC had in the IDW comics.

This is what Cobra Commander looks like. If the next figure looks nothing like this then Sideshow full of all kinds of fail.

cc32front.jpg

Ashkanls Those Commanders look cool but I'll wait for Sideshow's Commander.:clap

Anyone need a custom cape that I dont know who made but I have seen on here before? $35 including shipping in the US

I put this up on the CCC thread, but thought I'd try my luck here too, since reg CC and Crimson CC are the same figure:

I have a Crimson Cobra Commander coming to me, and as much as I like him, I'm not crazy about the silver Cobra logo on his mask.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can remove the silver logo without damaging the head sculpt/paint job?

Jose suggested I use light grain sandpaper and then completely repaint with acrylics.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

I put this up on the CCC thread, but thought I'd try my luck here too, since reg CC and Crimson CC are the same figure:

I have a Crimson Cobra Commander coming to me, and as much as I like him, I'm not crazy about the silver Cobra logo on his mask.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can remove the silver logo without damaging the head sculpt/paint job?

Jose suggested I use light grain sandpaper and then completely repaint with acrylics.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

No!!!!! you dont want to ruin the sculpt. I believe that Ski used 100% alcohol to remove tattoos from one of the Hot Toys bodies without damaging the plastic. Or, you can just paint over the cobra. Its just paint, it is not sculpted onto the hood. Either way you are gonna have to re-paint the hood.

No!!!!! you dont want to ruin the sculpt. I believe that Ski used 100% alcohol to remove tattoos from one of the Hot Toys bodies without damaging the plastic. Or, you can just paint over the cobra. Its just paint, it is not sculpted onto the hood. Either way you are gonna have to re-paint the hood.

In all fairness, it couldn't make him look any worse. :huh :lol

Yeah, sanding was what I was worried about, to be honest.

Would you agree that acrylics arête way to go? Should I just paint over the silver logo, or rub the logo off and then reprint to avoid the potential for the logo to show beneath?

Yeah, sanding was what I was worried about, to be honest.

Would you agree that acrylics arête way to go? Should I just paint over the silver logo, or rub the logo off and then reprint to avoid the potential for the logo to show beneath?

I would go that route. I dont know how much the silver would show.

Back