Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cloth would never have held the detail.

IMHO - the sculpted hooded portrait is amazing. :D

:exactly::goodpost: Looks great fury.

Just got mine #315/500 :yess:

Oh brother this PF is beyond amazing. I was blown away by how awesome this is. The clothing material is definitely a top notch :clap

No quality issues here, the paint and the clothing are super good, look flawless to me :clap

And I really love the design of the base, simple and elegant.

Here are some pics, my pics definitely can't do this piece a justice. It looks much better in person.

The hooded portrait is nice but the helmet portrait is much nicer (thank goodness Sideshow make it chrome). I think the hooded version will look better if this piece is fully sculpted. The helmet version just blend really well with the clothing.

ipod2f.jpg

If you are Gi Joe fan and PF fan get this bad boy now or you will regret it later.

Congrats Mamba, great pics bro! :rock

I am by far a HUGE fan of this PF wearing the cape. I dig the hooded portrait but since it isnt an entirely new look from Sideshow I lean in favour of the chrome helmet. All around win in my books regardless.

I didn't think it was either, as soon as they announced it was 1/5th I dropped the subscription to the thread. I'll still be holding out until the 1/4 PF version.

Weird, they should have gone the Comiquette 1/4 scale route. It lends itself to 1/4 scale.

Just got mine #315/500 :yess:

Oh brother this PF is beyond amazing. I was blown away by how awesome this is. The clothing material is definitely a top notch :clap

No quality issues here, the paint and the clothing are super good, look flawless to me :clap

And I really love the design of the base, simple and elegant.

Here are some pics, my pics definitely can't do this piece a justice. It looks much better in person.

The hooded portrait is nice but the helmet portrait is much nicer (thank goodness Sideshow make it chrome). I think the hooded version will look better if this piece is fully sculpted. The helmet version just blend really well with the clothing.

ipod2f.jpg

35i3c4h.jpg

2qxmjb5.jpg

2mmighu.jpg

If you are Gi Joe fan and PF fan get this bad boy now or you will regret it later.

Your walls upstairs are pretty bare.

anyone here would like them to do a CC with cloth hood at some point?

Sounds cool in theory, but I've yet to see the hood executed well in 1:1 cosplay form, much less 1:4 or smaller. The top and sides would need to be glued to the head, and the bottom might need to be weighted for it to hang right.

They could throw in a more comic/cartoon accurate repaint of the 1st 1:6 one when they get around to doing faceplate CC (a new sculpt for the head swap would make it the Exclusive accessory, and I'd rather they do something more original.

After that, I'd rather see a v3 Battle Armor/Fred VII version before a redo of the hooded uniform.

Looks nice except the hooded portrait, which I can't get passed the plastic look. I was feeling bad for cancelling but glad I did. Now I feel bad for not picking up the REG. But oh well, too much other stuff but congrats to all that got this nice piece.

Just got the EX. The chrome looks great (though a minor scruff on the visor). Nothing to warrant a replacement. The EX head is not great. I do love the cape though. Really brings out CC.

*Note* My base has something inside it? Don't know what's broken inside it. :dunno

Last edited:
Hey guys. Need some help. Mine just arrived and I think my exclusive head is faulty. The exclusive seems to be two pieces stuck together but whereas the seam on the right side is polished together the left seam is very very visable. Looks like it has not connected properly. Can anyone please post good close up shots of the sides and top of their exclusive head for me please?

While assembling and admiring mine yesterday, I noticed that seam and thought it was a nice touch. It didn't occur to me that this may have been two parts, it really seems like one cast to me. But I just thought it was a really nice real world touch that Sideshow added.

Got an image of the supposed damage?

Here's the side view of mine, but it's the same on both sides:

Back