Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy ending! :D

A replacement helmet arrived yesterday from Sideshow...

Looks pretty great to me. I only hope the peeling doesn't happen again, and that it's not a climate thing or something. Living in the desert is hell on a lot of collectibles. I'm running up to the collection room to swap heads and display him with the helmet for awhile.

Happy ending! :D

A replacement helmet arrived yesterday from Sideshow...

Looks pretty great to me. I only hope the peeling doesn't happen again, and that it's not a climate thing or something. Living in the desert is hell on a lot of collectibles. I'm running up to the collection room to swap heads and display him with the helmet for awhile.

Wow, that's a fat scratch you got there. :horror

I don't see scratch? I see a line on his shirt and the hanging light thing as being the closest thing to look like a scratch.

Even with a BFA in photography, my skills have diminished to a point of absolute ridiculousness. Yeah, you can make out my light fixture in the dining room behind me. Hung it myself. I had a similar situation when going to sell the McVader helmet, and all my pictures showed off the entire house around the helmet in all the reflections.

Anyway, like I said before, the helmet's chrome is pretty right on. I'm only concerned about it lasting, since when my original arrived it looked very acceptable as well.

Time will tell... :panic:

I have two of these on my sale thread if anyone is interested. Good price just can't afford to ship them to Italy. Items are in the States (Not The Netherlands)

Finally got around to smashing up my previous CC helmeted portrait this morning after a kindly reminder from Sideshow that images were due back to them.

Reminded me of being a destructive little kid way back with my poor 3 3/4's that went through hell in my possession...

Bust that chrome plate up. Don't be a cheapie!! :lol

The chrome plate is the reason for the exchange already, the damn chrome was separating from the faceplate, and I sure hope it does not happen on the new arrival. I find myself checking the new one every day to look for any separation. Oh, and it's plastic, so kind of hard to break like the other polystone parts.

Surprised to see it's painted underneath the chromed visor. That would've looked like ass if they'd gone that route. :lol

The chromed portion itself is a white dimpled textured plastic material. I don't really know if chrome is going to hold onto it indefinitely. Time will tell, but at the very least, I have the exclusive hooded (and preferred look, by me) version to display, and saved quite a bit on this guy since I was honest about Sideshow's mistake in billing. I do feel for those with only the chrome however, as I just have a bad feeling about the longevity of the helmet...

Back