Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen this at the comic store.

Instantly thought it was striking and loved the chrome plated helmet (although i noticed tiny scatches on theirs). Maybe because I was in the Marines, I'm a sucker for the uniform but it looks pretty damn nice.

Only hurdle for me is even though CC was a total diabolical nutcase and world terrorist I always kind of thought he was a bit of a whiny P***y. I loved GI Joe in the 80's like most kids and had all the toys and what not until I burned them or blew them all up with fireworks as I got older.

Anyway,....like I said.....CC was a badass,....and yet, was kind of a weasel. Like the bad guy in Gladiator who would fight Maximus in the Arena, but of course he would shank him before the fight even started.

Sorry to hear about your replacements. I actually like the boots versus the stirrups. The chrome dome is what impresses me. I was so used to seeing the painted face shield in production photos, but when I saw it was chromed like 1/6 Viper, I got excited.

I already have the PF Baroness on PO, and this PF CC would definitely go well with her.
Well, it seems the replacement head they had is damaged, as well, and that is the last replacement head they have. :gah: They offered me a $30 discount instead. I decided to take it.

Hey guys!
Finally got around to opening my cobra commander to check for any flaws.
I have nowhere to display him yet so he could be boxed up for a while.
I think there's a problem with the cobra cane, it seems to curve a bit and theres a small gash mark on it like something struck it before it was painted. can you tell me if it's supposed to be perfectly straight?

Hey guys!
Finally got around to opening my cobra commander to check for any flaws.
I have nowhere to display him yet so he could be boxed up for a while.
I think there's a problem with the cobra cane, it seems to curve a bit and theres a small gash mark on it like something struck it before it was painted. can you tell me if it's supposed to be perfectly straight?

Do you have any pics?

But I don't have anything on mine that looks anything like you are describing on yours.

header.jpg

dded to the Cool Toy Review Photo Archive.

Been awhile since this thread saw any action, but today I discovered a kind of huge issue with my CC PF EX. I much prefer to have him displayed with the hood, unlike many others here, so he's been that way with the helmeted portrait tucked away since his arrival. But I had to make room, and a lot of it, in the Bestas today for the new gigantic Alien maquette. When I took the helmeted portrait out the chrome was completely removing itself from the face plate. So now it looks like this compared to the next image of when it arrived...

And so, I thought I read in here that they had run out of replacement helmeted heads! Is this true? Is this a common problem on the piece which has so many more regulars with the chrome than exclusives with the alternate hooded portrait? I'm glad I appreciate the hood more, but I still want a replacement helmeted head. I know I have to contact Sideshow, and will live chat with them tomorrow about this issue. But, I'm just looking for input. Is this common?

One for fun, because Jason is a behemoth...

oh damn I hope that is not going to be an issue for everyone was it stored in a warm area? Not really sure what else could cause that other than from the factory. I needed a replacement mine had scratches and a couple small bubbles in the chrome luckily it was early on and was able to get one.

looks like on ebay he is holding pretty steady around $400 for the exc, pretty surprised I was afraid the popularity for this line was not going to be good, guess I read this thread too much. He definetly warrants the price he is a very impressive pf

looks like on ebay he is holding pretty steady around $400 for the exc, pretty surprised I was afraid the popularity for this line was not going to be good, guess I read this thread too much. He definetly warrants the price he is a very impressive pf

I think you, I and few others knew that if this was done well it was going to do fine after it was released. Looks like this line is off to a strong start, now lets hope that it stays that way.

Are you getting Baroness? I can't wait for her! Dying to see what the next pf is also, hoping for Firefly, Destro or Zartan.

Glad to say my 2 month Cobra Commander EX journey is over. He is home where he belongs and the the T-800 has been sent to its rightful owner. The chrome head has 2 minor blemishes but i was lucky to get a regular with a perfect chrome head which i can always swap if i need to sell it in the future. Today was a good day gentleman!! :)

Nah, I'm not going to be getting her. When it comes to the G.I. Joe collection I'm going to stick with only the boys. Never wanted her as a kid and can't see myself spending $300+ as an adult.

Back