Cobra commander head sculpt and more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the remaining part fresh from the milling machine. Once all the main parts are milled I will add details. This is a kit on its own with several parts.

The butt stock....
gJQ5plQ.jpg

Pistol grip and the mag....
S7Yr78j.jpg

Main assault rifle body....
wCsLWkb.jpg

Main component parts...
FxZxcqh.jpg

1/6 Scale plan...
DLRarAx.jpg

BeYbwvV.jpg

Overview of the rifle and its parts....
BHn0ZGS.jpg

rQNRPdQ.jpg

Next will be the full detail and the rest of Dialtone's gears.......

So far SF Officer and blb700 wants it. List your self here if you want the set. Thanks!

Damn impressive! I'll have a literal interpretation of his weapon, and I already have a real-world equivalent. I am excited!

Damn impressive! I'll have a literal interpretation of his weapon, and I already have a real-world equivalent. I am excited!

Cheers SF, you won't be disappointed. We can all have an accurate Dialtone in 1/6. I will also do the full gear that is specific to him including the knee pads. Oh how I wish I know how to make clothes and sew them in this scale (I did bought an electric sewing machine but its in the storage as I gave up trying to make cloths). Stay tune my friend.

Full painted set for me!
Member since 2013

Copy that Ultra. I got 3 on the list so far. Nevertheless I will still complete it and I have to have one for myself!!! Dialtone is one of my fav Joes back in 86'.

Is that been long already??? 2013??? Gees, my eye sight is going though as I have to use magnifying lens from time to time. Thanks as always for your support!!!! Highfive!!!

Now for some SMALL updates. Done a few hours machining parts and this is what I came up with........

This is the sight component. The rear sight is made up of two parts, the base is milled from a block of styrene and the manual round sight (similar to MP5) is from a round styrene tube. The four cross holes are perfectly indexed at 0, 90, 270 and 360 degree if some of you might check the alignment (I can guarantee that). Then it was reduce to the appropriate diameter of 3.7 mm (accurately done and verified by a micrometer). The front sight was also milled from a solid block styrene as this will be more solid that just glueing it together. Angles are milled to achieved the highest precision. Guys, i'm just having fun as I have not been scale modelling for quite sometimes. Just showing you I can still do accurate detailing (My eye sight is getting difficult).
US6RW2h.jpg

Rear sight assembly....
cDtdfdB.jpg

Here is the revise butt stock....this is the final version before casting. See the difference from earlier pics....
unxVxt8.jpg

The whole assault rifle so far......details such as the mag, bolts, rail system on the top and many more will be added. Mag are in the right position now. Just giving Dialtone some loving.... Maybe I will also do Mainframe's backpack and computer ....hmmmmmm Who wants ones????
hwpQ6ar.jpg

Size comparison........... 1/6th
CMCH8qv.jpg

Thanks for watching guys....

Cheers SF, you won't be disappointed. We can all have an accurate Dialtone in 1/6. I will also do the full gear that is specific to him including the knee pads. Oh how I wish I know how to make clothes and sew them in this scale (I did bought an electric sewing machine but its in the storage as I gave up trying to make cloths). Stay tune my friend.

It shouldn't be too hard to find most of the parts. Black pants and a tan shirt will be easy to find on the market. I made the sweater vest from a fine-knit Action Man jumper by removing the sleeves, so that is easy too. I have his patch made already, so I can send you one if you need it. Then it's getting the beret and kit put together.

We''ll get you through it...:wink1:

Look for an old Action Man green sweater. That's what I used for mine. They are OD green instead of the green used for the Dial Tone sweater, but they work.

The Mainframe backpack would be cool. I finally found a helmet to modify for Mainframe, but have a black Kevlar in the event I'm not successful with the mods.

This is one of the hardest parts of Dialtone's gear to make is this thing on his right thigh. Very difficult to do and required several steps to make. This part started as a 0.5 mm styrene sheet laminated and turned precisely to appropriate scaled diameter then groves added as per actual card art. The rest of the steps where milled precisely and this is what I got. Took me a total of 3 days with a couple of working hours each time but worth the time spent. Now I have an accurate parts for Dialtone's fans. I will do his knee pads and the two accessories left (waist pack and arm pack) then off to casting after I detailed and completed the back pack.

Precision turning and milling resulted to this...... It started as a flat styrene sheets laminated together. It will be set on its leg frame which I will do. Always good to see the step by step work in progress to show you guys how I make all this parts.
UHe08LO.jpg

Oj3DaYH.jpg

ODxH6ie.jpg

This is the top rail of his rifle ....again milled precisely.
WxgBu91.jpg

The full gear so far......Getting near to the finish line. Note the mic is also being made parts by parts.
a2U1dcZ.jpg

The gun with its top rail.
IZ4jRFv.jpg

Back