Cobra commander head sculpt and more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Pace,
Can you give us an update on how the CC portraits are coming along?
Also, please pm me with cost.
Oh, and btw...I hope you took my suggestion for Spirit seriously ~reaches into wallet~ lol

Ultra, all the face plates received the base paint prior to application of the chrome. This needs to dry up for at least 3 weeks. After which I will chrome then clear coat. The helmets on the other hand is with primer now. Hadn't had the time to do it lately. I'm doing around 18 pieces so this all takes time. I have at least 6 helmets ready though it had an angled white stripe and most guys here wanted straight edge so I will do the rest of the 12 helmet with straight edge.

About Spirit, its possible though the big problem is the 2 braids on the side. If I sculpt this then the movement of the head will be limited. If I mould it in flexible resin/rubber it will allow movement but would look un-natural as it will not have the proper feel I think. I will see what I can do but suggestion are all welcome.

Pace,
As I suggested in the past on this thread, is to sculpt Spirit's head bald and make two kinds of hair pieces, if you will.
One braided and the other like the modern take of him, (i.e. Billy from Preditor) both made of black rubber.
Also, each piece would have a molded head band to cover the hair line.
You see, I have the vision but not the talent nor means to execute.

Pace,
As I suggested in the past on this thread, is to sculpt Spirit's head bald and make two kinds of hair pieces, if you will.
One braided and the other like the modern take of him, (i.e. Billy from Preditor) both made of black rubber.
Also, each piece would have a molded head band to cover the hair line.
You see, I have the vision but not the talent nor means to execute.

Ok, Will see what I can do.

I have managed to machine the two sculpt I did with regards to the neck joint/post. This is how it looks so far...... I'm using this as a test bed and so far it sits on the neck post as planned. Poor Firefly..... he is a guinea pig.:lol

not to steal Pace's thread...(Again)...anyone who wants a suit for gungy or BBQ...need to lmk asap and i can add you to the list...10 spots only per fig..and i only have 4-5 spots on GH still....and plenty for BBQ....will do either a one piece jumpsuit with added bits..or pants/shirt with the reinforced knees and wrists...

btw...love the new pics!

gung ho reminds me of him back in the day..
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0574468/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited:
Hey Pacemaker,

Where are we on the commander sculpts? Can't wait to add it to the collection. :clap

Back