Cloverfield figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I said it when this came out.

They did the pre-order to see if people would buy it. Not enough pre-orders?
Cancel the thing and all they're out is cost of a couple prototypes.
Smart on thier part, crappy for fans.

I got two letters today-
The first one seemed like it was telling me there was a delayed date, but no date was indicated "below", contrary to the introduction...
Letter two was the cancellation.
I'm not super upset because I was probably gonna cancel it, I'm in pretty sad financial shape, but it sort of incenses me in that if I did still want it, I'd be pissed. It seems like bad business for Hasbro not to have one for every person that pre-ordered. I ordered in April, for pete's sake. They should have produced based on number ordered, or if they were canceling it due to low interest, they should have been honest. I have been cutting back drastically on Hasbro purchases anyway- individual figure prices have gotten a bit too high for my tastes, and quality just isn't matching their increases, so this really lowers Hasbro's stature further in my eyes.

I just found it odd that Hasbro would make a high dollar stand alone figure from a movie like Cloverfield. Just never seemed like a smart move for them.

Wow!!
Way to go Hasbro!!!
They've been making some pretty bad decisions lately...
First the Indy line...
Second, the Clone Wars line clogging pegs all over the place
Third this Cloverfield fiasco...which I don't care about but sucks for the people who want it...
What is this??? Mattel with the MOTU line in 2003-2004??
:rotfl

Wow!!
Way to go Hasbro!!!
They've been making some pretty bad decisions lately...
First the Indy line...
Second, the Clone Wars line clogging pegs all over the place
Third this Cloverfield fiasco...which I don't care about but sucks for the people who want it...
What is this??? Mattel with the MOTU line in 2003-2004??
:rotfl
yep. hasbro is on a roll this year.
the actual page for the figure doesn't say anything about it being discontinued and it still let me re-order it with the discount.
but that might just mean they're too lazy to update it.
guess we'll see.
________
George w. romney

Last edited:
uuuhhh wtf...

did anybody else get this email?

You were incorrectly sent an email recently stating that your order # for the Cloverfield figure was cancelled.
The email should have notified you that, due to a production delay, the anticipated arrival date for this item is December 13, 2008.

Your order will been reinstated. Please contact us if you have any questions at 800.408.0052.

________
BUY VOLCANO VAPORIZER

Last edited:
uuuhhh wtf...

did anybody else get this email?

You were incorrectly sent an email recently stating that your order # for the Cloverfield figure was cancelled.
The email should have notified you that, due to a production delay, the anticipated arrival date for this item is December 13, 2008.

Your order will been reinstated. Please contact us if you have any questions at 800.408.0052.

Hey, I got the same email today also. I hope they do make it. It's not Godzilla, but I think it would look cool on display.

I want this Monster!
12171499581ns6.jpg

I got it, too... Hasbro is on crack. :banghead
yeah, i also just got a "confirmation" email. they wanted a response stating that i still want the figure.
even after i already made the friggin $100 pre-order like 9 months ago.
seems like they'd assume if people are willing to spend $100 on it that they might like to have it.
i asked them to give me another discount for putting up with their jack-assery. we'll see how that works out.
what evs. they "confirmed" it'll ship on 12/15. so, MAYBE i'll have a Cloverfield Christmas.

They were really proud at the booth, a lady said while the starwars stuff drew people in most were asking about the cloverfield monster. Im still kinda shocked it hasnt shipped.

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

3rd confirmation email.

Thank you for contacting HasbroToyShop.com. As per your request, your order will remain active with the revised backorder date.

We greatly appreciate your business. If you have additional questions, please visit our website, HasbroToyShop.com, or contact our Customer Service Center via e-mail at [email protected] or phone at 1-800-408-0052.

i think "revised" still means 12/15.

Back