Cloverfield figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the movie, hate the toy. That pretty much sums it up for me :joy

I remember the first time I saw it... I enjoyed it so much. I just couldn't believe movies could still make me nervous in that "What the hell is going to happen now?" mood.

For those who are interested.

Hasbro Toy Shop has a 20% off + Free shipping coupon FALL20.
When does that coupon Expire?

BTW, I just received an email from HTS... The Cloverfield figure is now scheduled to ship in JANUARY. (new ship date is 1/13/2009). :duh

When does that coupon Expire?

BTW, I just received an email from HTS... The Cloverfield figure is now scheduled to ship in JANUARY. (new ship date is 1/13/2009). :duh
wonder why they never email me...
the figure page still says xmas.
________
CHEVROLET TITAN

Last edited:
Incidentally, I ordered mine on 1/22/2008... so it would be a full year. :lol

Oh, by the way, I have since received TWO more emails about my order. Get this...

First I get one announcing the new ship date:

Thank you for shopping with HasbroToyShop.com. Due to high demand, the following item(s) you ordered are not currently available. Please note the revised availability of the items below:

ORDER NUMBER: xxxxxx
ORDER DATE: 1/22/2008 12:07 AM

CUSTOMER
xxxxxxx

ITEM(S) NOT YET SHIPPED
Item number: 92700
Item name: Cloverfield Movie Monster
Quantity: 1
Estimated ship date: 1/13/2009

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding your order or would like to change your order, please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-408-0052. If we do not hear from you, we will assume that you have agreed to the revised ship date indicated above.

Then a few minutes later I get one that says I have to contact them to let them know whether I want to keep my order:

RESPONSE REQUIRED TO RECEIVE YOUR ORDER
Thank you for shopping with HasbroToyShop.com. Due to high demand, the following item(s) you ordered are still backordered. Please note the revised availability of the items below:

ORDER NUMBER: xxxxxxx

CUSTOMER
xxxxxxxx

ITEM(S) NOT YET SHIPPED
Estimated ship date: 1/13/2009

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding your order or would like to change your order, please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-408-0052. IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WAIT UNTIL THE DATE(S) INDICATED ABOVE TO RECEIVE YOUR ORDER, YOU MUST CONTACT US TO CONFIRM THAT YOU STILL WANT THE ITEM(S). IF WE DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU, THE ITEM(S) WILL NOT BE SHIPPED, AND YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED FOR THEM.

Then, just a little while ago I get yet another email (the 3rd in under an hour) notifying me that my order has been CANCELLED (which it now also says on my Order History on their site):

Thank you for shopping with HasbroToyShop.com. Due to high demand, the following item(s) you ordered are no longer available. Your credit card will not be charged.

ORDER NUMBER: xxxxxx

SHIPPING TO
xxxxx

DISCONTINUED ITEM(S)

We apologize for any inconvenience. We would like to offer you 10% off your next purchase at HasbroToyShop.com. Simply enter promotion code xxxx at checkout to redeem this discount.

Regards,
HasbroToyShop.com

So, my order was canceled "due to high demand" even though I placed my order on 1/22? :huh

Note that it also says the item is "Discontinued". :huh What the hell is going on at HTS? :lol

Incidentally, the item is of course still available at HTS and I was able to go and place another order for it (ironically using the 10% discount code they sent me in the Cancellation email). :lol

At this point who knows what's going on or if this thing will even happen. This situation is even fruitier than the mythical Takara Indy. :duh

mine got canceled too! i re-ordered it with the 10% code.
which doesn't really affect the price of the figure so much as cancel out the shipping cost.

anyway, if i don't get a cloverfield figure, i'm gonna go to hasbro, grab their ceo by the neck and hold him down and pee in his mouth.
________
Honda Cbr400 History

Last edited:
Last edited:
Has this happened to anyone else before with Hasbro?

If it helps at all, I haven't received a cancellation email, and on my account on the hasbro site the status is still "not shipped".

though, I ordered mine 9/29

Maybe this is their way of getting the people who pre-ordered and are upset about the date change off their backs. Just cancel the order and let them re-order for the new date? I dunno, this is bad though...

I REALLY REALLY WANT THIS FIGURE!!!!!

At $100 each you'd think they'd make the damn thing, even if its just a few. Clearly, they haven't even gotten started yet. If they had already retooled for this piece, you wouldn't be getting the discontinued notice. They'd keep every order they got.

Back