Clone Wars: Thumbs up or down?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clone Wars, Thumbs up or down?

• Total voters
what the....!!!
am i on the same plannet anymore?
i went to see this with 5 other people plus 2 kids and god knows how we didnt walk out and ask for our money back.
everybody i've spoken to has had the same dire opinion about it, even the kids didn't like it... and for me that was the end of it...
until this thread...
58% give it a thumbs up????????????
really???????????
even the kids that came with us said it was dry and empty and that the animation couldnt compare to Pixar's films.
let's just say that this thread has somewhat altered my perception of SW fans...

I'm just saying that if this movie gets thumbs up by the majority...then Lukas is truly safe...

Lukas Haas?... What's he got to do with this?... Did he voice Anakin?... I thought he went Amish.:monkey3

15255__lukas_l.jpg

:lol:rotfl:lol

Incidentally, I think that it's a mistake to try to compare the artwork in CW to anything by Pixar. It's like comparing da Vinci to Dali. The art is of two completely different styles, and rightfully so. I don't think I could stomach a Star Wars film in they style of Pixar. :sick It wouldn't fit.

I like the animation style in Clones. It suits the subject matter nicely. As opposed to the more lifelike animation we get with Pixar, the art in CW is something I'd easily grab a frame from and stick it in a frame on my wall. It has character.

I also don't get the comparisons to video game cut scenes. :confused: Video games, like Pixar, strive for a degree of photorealism in their work. Clone Wars certainly doesn't look photorealistic (except for maybe the space combat sequences).

I think that what it boils down to is a comparison of aesthetics. And that's fine. If the art doesn't work for you, so be it. But don't call anyone who appreciates it crazy or anything. Not everyone likes pineapple on their pizza, either, but that doesn't make it a bad idea.

I saw the movie for the first time today. I thought it wasn't bad. I liked the animation fine. If you went in expecting another Star Wars movie on par with the previous ones, I could see how you'd be disappointed. But as another adventure in the Star Wars universe, it was enjoyable enough. Sure, I would've made some different choices than Lucas did in terms of creative direction (Ziro the Hutt anyone?) but it wasn't enough to ruin the movie by any means.

I saw the movie for the first time today. I thought it wasn't bad. I liked the animation fine. If you went in expecting another Star Wars movie on par with the previous ones, I could see how you'd be disappointed. But as another adventure in the Star Wars universe, it was enjoyable enough. Sure, I would've made some different choices than Lucas did in terms of creative direction (Ziro the Hutt anyone?) but it wasn't enough to ruin the movie by any means.

I'm with you. I just finally saw this today and I enjoyed it. I found some criticisms I've read didn't hold true for me.

It wasn't a great "movie", but as a continued Clone War story, I really liked it.

The Cartoon Network series was innovative in the visual style and all, but as far as overall scenarios and storytelling, I thought this movie picked up where the last CW left off and should carry through the series.

To me, it fits perfectly into the Clone Wars story telling world, which even the CW series to me didn't fit perfectly with the films, but that's fine, the films are what they are, and despite the CW events running between films, it still is in a way a story all unto itself and I like how it's being told. Felt more like real battle and conflict with real stakes in this new one. Some of the battles in the last series just didn't feel as real to watch.

I'm with you. I just finally saw this today and I enjoyed it. I found some criticisms I've read didn't hold true for me.

It wasn't a great "movie", but as a continued Clone War story, I really liked it.

The Cartoon Network series was innovative in the visual style and all, but as far as overall scenarios and storytelling, I thought this movie picked up where the last CW left off and should carry through the series.

To me, it fits perfectly into the Clone Wars story telling world, which even the CW series to me didn't fit perfectly with the films, but that's fine, the films are what they are, and despite the CW events running between films, it still is in a way a story all unto itself and I like how it's being told. Felt more like real battle and conflict with real stakes in this new one. Some of the battles in the last series just didn't feel as real to watch.

Great, you liked it! Now go pull the chad/lever for a thumbs up and hopefully Spartan Boy can feel that much more out of place:lol

I don't really see how anyone over the age of 14 could be into this. I love the OT, I like the PT, but this was kiddie junk to me.

I think the true fun of getting into Star Wars is the ability to feel like a kid again. I'm using my inner child when I get into Star Wars, I don't see anything adult about the movies or whatever, it's all about childhood fantasy fun.

but this was kiddie junk to me.

And bad kiddie Junk at that. There's no way i would like this even if i was young. Akosha seemed like a bratz doll, the battle droids were way more embarrassing than the PT, And just the dialogue was overall ^^^^ty.(i could go on and on about other things but why?) Now SW isn't known for great dialogue, but this was beyond kiddie it was bad kiddie. I felt like i was watching one of my daughters Saturday morning new age cartoons. And if that was what they were going for bravo!!!

Live action TV series you're my only hope.

After all of my hating on this movie. I was coerced into seeing it by my family. My kids wanted to see it badly and I got the "your being selfish" guilt-trip dumped on me (funny thing is, they didn't even know I hated it nor that they made me feel guilty).

So I saw it and I saw how much my 4-year-old daughter loved Asohka (though you can not tell her that it is not "Princa Lee-ah", Morgan-eze for Princess Leia).

So for My 9-year-old son, who is now a Captain Rex psycho, and my 4-year-old daughter who is an Asohka psycho (despite the character confusion), I had to go with thumbs up.

Yeah, I mean I really do get the feeling that this was meant to be "Star Wars for kids." Of course the real Star Wars movies are pretty much for kids too, but they can hold an adult's interest a bit better. This was definitely skewed to the younger crowd, and that's OK. You have to view it for what it is. I still liked it, in the same way that I like Transformers or other similar stuff. It's just not quite as deep as we may have wanted.

I went to the theater with VERY mixed feelings, but was quite surprised that it did not turn out as bad as i thought.
There is a glimpse of Star Wars atmosphere in this that even the PT is missing mostly.
All of the jokes were ok and even boosted the movie. I had no situation sinkin' deeper and deeper in my seat and getting a red face as i head with ALL Jar Jar scenes in the PT.
A friend of mine sat next to me in E1 and was nearly forced to beat me up for being a Star Wars fan (and he was right).
As i thought the droid-comedy scenes in E3 were absolutly embrassing i thought the droid jokes in Clone Wars were refreshing and even carried the story.
Ok Ashoka was definitly annoying but not in a wrong way. I mean aren't all girls in that age annyoing? Annoying but authentic. So it was less worse than Anakin in E2 (nobody can stand winerly young boys). He was simply a ******.

So overall i liked it and i liked it even more than the prequels.
So my new ranking is: OT, Clone Wars, All EU and by faaaar at the end that prequeltrash.

Live action TV series you're my only hope.

The live action has the highest potential to suck, IMO.

All I can think of when people talk about the Star Wars live action TV series is that god-awful FMV in Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

*shudders*

The live action has the highest potential to suck, IMO.

All I can think of when people talk about the Star Wars live action TV series is that god-awful FMV in Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

*shudders*

My hope is that with Battlestar Galactica setting the bar so high for new SciFi that whoever is in charge of the SW series will take notice and give us something SW fans can actually be proud of.

Back