Clone Wars: Thumbs up or down?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clone Wars, Thumbs up or down?

• Total voters
As a series I think this will be good... and the movie really did have that series feel to it. Kinda slow in a 1 1/2 hour block, since there are so many obstacles that need to be overcome. But in a 22 minute episode I could see it working really well.

But Jar Jar will be an issue no matter what the format :lol Any word on if the series will have the same level of animation... or are they gonna go cheaper?

I'll give it a thumbs up. Given that this crucial part of the Star Wars saga had to be rushed over to cater to the "story of Anakin's fall," we all missed out on the actual Clone Wars (unless you count the ADD-laden Cartoon Network series or all 40-bazillion comics from DarkHorse). This CGI movie/series gives us the chance to see how it all goes down. Naysayers, look at it this way: for every Jar Jar Binks, there's a Darth Maul to bring back the level of awesomeness.

That's an irrational statement if ever there was one. And kinda insulting, if one were inclined to look at it closely. Kinda like saying, "Anyone who liked Clone Wars is stupid." There's a phrase for that kind of poor logic: ad hominem. It diminishes the person whose argument differs from yours on the basis of your claim that all such people are dishonest with themselves, hence their arguments have no weight. Which is ridiculous.

What do you expect? He actually LIKED Masters of the Universe. A film that killed Dolf's mediocre E-Lister career. A film that grossed less than Gary Coleman's campaign fund raising for his run for Governor of California. A film, which, I actually think was worse than the cartoon... and that's hard to do (the toys rocked though!). However, putting all that negativity aside, a question has gone unanswered though the years. Was He-Man actually running around the world when he ran? Or was he so awesome that he could run in place and spin the world beneath his feet?

MOTU is fun if you like watching atrociusly bad movies. but SW was once this great trilogy and it's all been downhill after that.

What do you expect? He actually LIKED Masters of the Universe. A film that killed Dolf's mediocre E-Lister career. A film that grossed less than Gary Coleman's campaign fund raising for his run for Governor of California. A film, which, I actually think was worse than the cartoon... and that's hard to do (the toys rocked though!). However, putting all that negativity aside, a question has gone unanswered though the years. Was He-Man actually running around the world when he ran? Or was he so awesome that he could run in place and spin the world beneath his feet?

Hey! Now, lets play nice. The movie wasn't that awful not as bad as the first Hulk movie I know that. :lol The cartoons where ^^^^ing beyond awesome!! Best thing about my childhood along with the toys.

I also tend to think that this will work better as a series of episodes than feature film material. If we had seen the opening planet battle with the shield generator and the introduction of the characters one week, then the monastery battle segment with the Obi-Wan/Asajj duel, and the Tattooine segment with Anakin/Dooku duel as three separate episodes, I think it would all have been much better received. Give me a third of that movie on TV each week and I'll be perfectly happy.

A big thumbs up here. I love it and I am planning on watching it tomorrow again.

As a feature... thumbs down. I could pretty much see the episode breaks.

I think it'll be a lot of fun as a TV show. Putting it on the big screen was kinda ill conceived in my mind. I thought the writing was very much "TV" as well. "Sky Guy" made me kinda wanna puke in my mouth a little.

An unnecessary option given that the question of the poll is if you have seen it. So those who haven't need not apply. :lol

i've seen it and i checked my "adult status " at the door..............i enjoyed most of it and was really impressed with the cg. sure there were things that were over ther top cheezy but when they came up i was reminded of who the target audience was and settled into kid mode again. i saw it with my nephew who swore before he even saw it that he wouldn't like anything less than the cartoon version of 1 & 2.............he admitted he liked it a lot, even if it was different. thumbs up !!!!

I gave it a thumbs up because of the action...

I would give it a thumbs down because of the dialogue...

There's no thumbs sideways...

Thumbs up, for what it is. Heck, it wasn't any worse than Episodes 1 and 2! I enjoyed it - it wasn't great, but it was good enough.

Back