Clone Wars: Thumbs up or down?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clone Wars, Thumbs up or down?

• Total voters
That's an irrational statement if ever there was one. And kinda insulting, if one were inclined to look at it closely. Kinda like saying, "Anyone who liked Clone Wars is stupid." There's a phrase for that kind of poor logic: ad hominem. It diminishes the person whose argument differs from yours on the basis of your claim that all such people are dishonest with themselves, hence their arguments have no weight. Which is ridiculous
:bow:duff:clap

Thumbs up... if you have a problem with that then stick your thumbs up your donkey :lol
.:rock:rock2

Last edited by a moderator:
However, it's getting a little thick in here, so that may or may not be a good thing:lol

Nah. :lol I'm not really willing to make a big deal out of it. I just like to point out fallacies when I see them. I recognize that most "Star Wars fans" aren't going to like this film no matter how much I try to explain to them that they should. Just as I recognize a lot of the reasons why they won't like it, both internal and external.

I'm cool with being someone's hero, though. :lightsabe

Nah. :lol I'm not really willing to make a big deal out of it. I just like to point out fallacies when I see them. I recognize that most "Star Wars fans" aren't going to like this film no matter how much I try to explain to them that they should. Just as I recognize a lot of the reasons why they won't like it, both internal and external.

I'm cool with being someone's hero, though. :lightsabe

Ahh, another Red-Stater and an obvious one at that! There might be something in the water we drink.

Re: Clone Wars: up or down?

It had more pros than cons for me, so I give it an up -- but not unqualified.

What does Monks point of view have to do with being a "Red-Stater"?

I had to explain this to Josh. StL and MO...Rep held state, but moreso, because I'm assume he's a Cards fan. So you know, it's like Red. You really can't be from here and not be one as opposed to IL/Chicago being known as Blue-State, Dem held state and CuBs being Blue. It's just a friendly rivalry, and I do mean friendly, not some Boston/New York kind of nonsense. I think I started it when Josh and I were conversing with someone from Chicago.

Gotcha. Thought you were trying to draw some type of political analogy between those who gave Clone Wars a thumbs up vs. those who gave it a thumbs down. That explains it.

Gotcha. Thought you were trying to draw some type of political analogy between those who gave Clone Wars a thumbs up vs. those who gave it a thumbs down. That explains it.

No way! I do follow politics and I'm very strong minded about it, but I wouldn't marginilize someone that way...much.:lol No really, thats just how it happens to turn out, ironically, Red vs' Blue in regards to Missouri/Illinios (politically) as opposed to Cardinals/Cubs (Baseball), which is skads more fun.:wacky

All of this is sound reasoning ... unless the person in question is a left-leaning middle-of-the-road kinda guy who's not a baseball fan, but is a fan of the St. Louis Blues. :lol

All of this is sound reasoning ... unless the person in question is a left-leaning middle-of-the-road kinda guy who's not a baseball fan, but is a fan of the St. Louis Blues. :lol

Even I can't be completely infallible:lol

You just bleed blue and good luck this season:D

The St. Louis Blues have Brad Boyes! :rock No making fun of any hockey teams unless they are the Philadelphia Flyers, New York Rangers, or Toronto Maple Leafs! :D

How the hell did I wonder into this thread? :horror

*runs out*

Noooooo, I'm in a Star Wars thread, and worse, it's about Clone Wars! :eek

Even though the animation in this film is very simple compared to some of the cinematic animated masterpieces released before it, I may catch this as a freebie rental (2 for 1 rentals at my store Monday through Thursday), simply because of what it is. If I enjoy it I'll definitely be coming back into this thread to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. May take half a year, but I shall be back! I'll be honest. I hope when I am out of school I am doing stuff like this. :)

The St. Louis Blues have Brad Boyes! :rock No making fun of any hockey teams unless they are the Philadelphia Flyers, New York Rangers, or Toronto Maple Leafs! :D

How the hell did I wonder into this thread? :horror

*runs out*

Noooooo, I'm in a Star Wars thread, and worse, it's about Clone Wars! :eek

Even though the animation in this film is very simple compared to some of the cinematic animated masterpieces released before it, I may catch this as a freebie rental (2 for 1 rentals at my store Monday through Thursday), simply because of what it is. If I enjoy it I'll definitely be coming back into this thread to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. May take half a year, but I shall be back! I'll be honest. I hope when I am out of school I am doing stuff like this... animating in some form. :)

Thought it was above average and fit in with the universe nicely.

There's no depth, but it is good fun.

Thought it was above average and fit in with the universe nicely.

There's no depth, but it is good fun.

That's exactly why I want to see Death Race... *pop corn flick heaven* Not much of a story, but with the lead actor and the action sequences shown in the trailers, it should be entertaining nonetheless.

And this is coming from a guy who loves smart flicks.. every now and then, you need one of those non thinking movies.

CN CW, thumb up
Lucas CW, thumb down

:lecture

We'll see how the actual TV show is, though. I imagine some episodes will be cool (especially the ones about the clones and secondary Jedi), some with be so-so, and some will be downright freakin' awful (Jar Jar and C-3P0 on an "adventure" together? Count me out of that one).

Back